2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is going to make a big mistake signing Corbin for too long and too much. Keuchel is the better option.

M's contact Yankees and Mets about Cano. :D On the heels of an 80 game suspension (not that today's GM's really care) w/ 5 years, $120 million remaining on his contract. <Eek2.0> At least they're trying.

Braves sign McCann to 1 year deal and closing in on Josh Donaldson.

As long as the Cubs don't sign Harper I'll be happy.

Rumored $2 MM for McCann, $23MM for Donaldson. Nice payday for JD considering his rough 2018.

It's the end of an era. Yankees claim Parker Bridwell, DFA Ronald Torreyes. Pour one out for the homie.

I like the moves the Braves made.

LOL at Yanks trying to dump Ellsbury on the Mariners when they're trying to firesale everyone.

What I've seen is Edwin Diaz and Hanieger are the only two guys that are "no-gos" in the Mariners firesale.

Lets see if it happens.

"MLBPA has voted to extend the contract of executive director Tony Clark, according to Jared Diamond of the Wall Street Journal. His term of office is now due to run through 2022, meaning he’ll stay in charge through the duration of the five-year Basic Agreement he previously negotiated and lead the MLBPA as it prepares to hammer out a new one in 2021."

Surprises me because I remember Clark taking heat for the current CBA and last year's crazy free agent market.

As a mets fan hot stove doesn’t include me most of the time but lol at all these mentions of Mets trades. They won’t make any big deal. They won’t trade cheap pitching or pay a contract like Cano.

Sounds like the dodgers are trying to get either Bauer, Kluber or Carrasco from the Indians.

If Mets get Cano it means the new GM locked the Wilpons in a closet and stole their billfolds.

People only love Mets prospects when they trade them but the deal seems bad. Old Cano and a closer is not worth the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back