2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they told him they would do a 5 or 6 year deal. Seems like Harper isn't going to get a ten year deal that everyone was expecting.
Unless Boras can find him 10 years in some wasteland. Only need 1 sucker.

Id rather wait to get one playoff hit and zero playoff wins Trout but will settle for Harper if not 10 year deal.

Harper in San Diego right now. How crazy would it be if the Padres pull this shit off? With Harper asking for teams' farm systems reports and his wife having major ties to SD, who knows if the wheels are turning. Preller is building a great team and there are definitely reasons to be excited if you are a Padres fan going into the next 3+ seasons. Landing a guy like Harper could change the course of this franchise forever.

Harper better ask for a no trade clause or the Madres will probably try to trade him by the all star break.

Harper in San Diego right now. How crazy would it be if the Padres pull this shit off? With Harper asking for teams' farm systems reports and his wife having major ties to SD, who knows if the wheels are turning. Preller is building a great team and there are definitely reasons to be excited if you are a Padres fan going into the next 3+ seasons. Landing a guy like Harper could change the course of this franchise forever.
Cool. Y’all get Harper and send Renfroe down to the ATL.

I like this signing for the Mets. The asking price for J.T. Realmuto is ridiculous.

I like this signing for the Mets. The asking price for J.T. Realmuto is ridiculous.

Jeter wants to make up for getting nothing for his 3 OFers last year. Way over value on Realmuto.

Last edited:
Jeter wants to make up for getting nothing for his 3 OFers last year. Way over value on Realmuto.
The balls to ask the Braves for Albies + and the Dodgers for Bellinger is ludicrous.

I expect Harper's contract to include full no trade protection as well as multiple opt outs (after seasons 3 and 5)

This might seem insignificant, but I think it's a fantastic boon for the Yankees.

That fit makes no sense. Padres have too many outfielders as it is, already wasting a ton of money on Myers and aren’t ready to compete for at least another season.

Id say there's zero chance the Pads can afford to pay Hosmer and Harper a combined 50+ million and still compete at the championship level.

Cangels get their man.

i

Cangels keep adding on. They get Cahill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back