Harper = Phillies
Kimbrel = Red sox
Kikuchi = Giants
Eovaldi = Red sox
Moustakas = White Sox
Keuchel = Braves
Realmuto = Dodgers
Pollock = Mets
Would love to have Keuchel for this rotation. I can’t see Realmuto in LA if the Marlins don’t lower their ridiculous asking price.

Cangels rotation is loaded with cans that’ll be lucky to pitch 100 innings lol. Hopefully some of the one year guys can stay healthy in the first half and be shipped off for some mid level prospects. Then the Cangels could bring back more journeymen like “upper” Deck McGuire.

It seems like LAA is stuck in a cycle of backloading contracts, leaving them with insufficient funds for starting pitching. They've got $165-185 million to spend on payroll, but over 50% is wrapped up in Trout, Pujols, Upton and Simmons. Next year will be worse with $99 million guaranteed to the same quartet. I just don't see how they eclipse 75-85 wins with their model.

Joe Kelly will earn $3 million in 2019 with a $3 million signing bonus in #Dodgers deal; $8.5 million in 2020-2021. He also has $12 million option or $4 million buyout in 2022. Also can earn as much as $2 million per year in incentives for games finished.

-per the legendary Bob Nightengale

It seems like LAA is stuck in a cycle of backloading contracts, leaving them with insufficient funds for starting pitching. They've got $165-185 million to spend on payroll, but over 50% is wrapped up in Trout, Pujols, Upton and Simmons. Next year will be worse with $99 million guaranteed to the same quartet. I just don't see how they eclipse 75-85 wins with their model.
Time to trade Trout

Luxury tax dump for kemps contract.

Last edited:
Homer sucks but makes room for Harper. Plus getting prospects.

Bailey had one of the worst contracts in baseball history.

Once again, LAD demonstrating payroll creativity. Just cleared about $24 million in CBT dollars and opened a spot in the outfield for ...

...Bryce Harper???

Reds giving up a near top 100 prospect for a bunch of rentals, lol wtf?

I don't want them going after Pollack tbh.

Puig is a FA after this year and the type of guy I would never pay big money to to lock him in. Same as Machado. I hope they don't sign him either. I still would not just cut Bailey like they are saying if you have to pay him anyways. Try him in the bullpen as long relief.

What the fuck are the Reds doing? This deal makes no sense from their perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back