2015 Academy Awards (BIRDMAN Wins Best Picture and Director)

Gyllenhaal kind of getting the short end of the stick two years running- I thought he did more than enough to deserve supporting actor nomination last year with an excellent performance in Prisoners. I didn't see Nightcrawler yet but I've heard he's fantastic.

Best Actress is gonna be tough.

I really like Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl. However, Felicity Jones did a great job in Theory of Everything.

Big Hero 6 should be a lock for Best Animated Feature.

I agree with you that Pike was awesome and deserves it but I feel this is one of those no brainer categories like last year with Blanchett. Julianne Moore has been eating up precursors left and right just like Keaton. So barring some significant upset, those two categories seem like foregone conclusions.

Lol I liked The Imitation Game but even at its best it came nowhere near best-picture worthy. Plus the nomination lends the people calling it Oscar-bait some legitimacy.

Looking forward to seeing Birdman, Foxcatcher, and American Sniper before the ceremony. It's nice to be sort of in on what's going on for once.

I suppose I have this god-forsaken place to thank for that.

In my opinion it was good enough to warrant a best picture nomination for sure. We've seen far shittier fare get nominated for the big one. I thought Imitation Game was damn solid just a bit standard and narratively derivative (seemed like many other types of biopic movies with the jumping time line- didn't really bring anything new to the table). But I'll be damned if Cumberbatch didn't bring his a game particularly in that final scene with Knighley. Really well done scene.

Really surprised Jake Gyllenhaal not nominated for best actor in Night Crawler, but Bradley Cooper is for American Sniper.

Fail. I don't even want to know who wins anything anymore.

[YT]1Vko01D77Fg[/YT]

3 Oscar noms in row for Bradley Cooper. Oscars seem to love this guy.

Does Meryl Streep get nominated every year? Into the Woods didn't look like a good movie but maybe I'm wrong.

Can't believe they screwed Gyllenhaal and Lego Movie like that.

Not sure how true but heard a guy on the radio say don't predict the Oscars off the golden globes but the critics choice gives you a good indication who will win the oscars.

The results last night was Boyhood won best picture. Keaton won best actor and Julianne Moore won best actress.

A little surprised 'Fury' didn't get nominated for cinematography (at least a nod). That film was shot amazingly.

Post your Predictions

Best Supporting Actor JK Simmons Whiplash
Best Supporting Actress Patricia Arquette Boyhood
Best Actor Michael Keaton Birdman
Best Actress Julianne Moore Still Alice
Best Director Robert Linklater Boyhood
Best Picture Boyhood

Now for who I want to win

Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher
Emma Stone - Birdman
Michael Keaton - Birdman
Rosamund Pike - Gone Girl
Alfonso Gonzalez Inarritu - Birdman
Birdman

I'm surprised Inherent Vice has so few nominations.

Looking forward to this.

I will be there live for the awards.

I'm surprised Inherent Vice has so few nominations.

Not shocked that it didn't get a Best Picture nom. 50/50 shocked PTA didn't get a Best Director nom. Shocked Joaquin Phoenix didn't get a Best Actor nom. Disappointed that Josh Brolin isn't getting any recognition for Best Supporting Actor.

So far my favorite of the year, but I haven't seen many from 2014. Great film, but definitely not for everyone.

I'm starting to get annoyed that Whiplash Director, Damien Chazelle, didn't get a nod over Imitation Game.

FYI watched Wild last night and its a total joke that Laura Dern is nominated...I actually don't understand how her like 10 minutes total of screen time and 3 minutes of dialogue was worth an oscar....

Reese Witherspoon didn't do much in the movie either but she did everything that the Academy loves in there female actresses
1- act like a bitch
2- act sweet and innocent
3- be naked at one point or more
4- scream your lungs out
5- swear
6- be intoxicated to some degree
7- break down in tears unexpectedly
8- possibly do a voice over narration as well

you follow at least 4 of those and your a shoe-in for an award

I bet Boyhood wins a lot.

Hard to see American Sniper winning anything because the Oscars are basically run by a bunch of libtards.

Back