2015 Academy Awards (BIRDMAN Wins Best Picture and Director)

Whiplash>>>>>>>>>>>>

JK Simmons is a lock for Supporting actor or the Oscars are shit

Whiplash>>>>>>>>>>>>

JK Simmons is a lock for Supporting actor or the Oscars are shit

It's my favorite movie of the year by far. Have only seen four of the contenders so far.

"oh my dear God- are you one of those single tear people? You are a worthless pansy ass who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drumset like a 9-year-old girl."

One of my favorite lines in that movie

Ive seen all of the Best Picture contenders except Theory and Imitation game. Whiplash and Birdman were my favorites. Boyhood is being vastly over rated because of how it was filmed. Its pretty cool but nothing actually happens in the movie.

Probably a long shot but rooting for Box Trolls for best animated. What a fantastic little film. Love the dedication to stop motion animation.

Really? Thought it was just ok. Carrell was pretty good but honestly thought Tatum was better.

Liked it as well, but thought Mark Ruffalo was the best in that film.

Good film though. I had never heard of that story. Very sad.

Boyhood was amazing though. I gave it a 8.5/10. Really surprised at all the hate it's these boards and the IMBD boards.

I haven't seen it receive any hate. Mostly just people saying "yeah, good movie. definitely not Oscar-worthy though".

First impressions:

Very weak BP field...No Interstellar, Gone Girl or Under the Skin

Meryl streep? again...there were other worthy actresses this year- how lazy.

Interstellar got it's best score nomination at least. Zimmer was at his best. I loved the use of the organ. You don't hear that often and it created the perfect mood.

Cooper has been nominated for an academy award three years in a row now. Awesome for him. Hopefully he will have his year at some point because this clearly isn't it. All Keaton.

Best Actor field is stacked this year in my opinion.

Best Picture- ummm- Foxcatcher not getting nominated kind of surprise me but given that fact, all the other nominees are good and unsurprising. I've only seen Imitation Game and Whiplash so far. Whiplash is the best 2014 film I've seen thus far and I look forward to checking out all the other nominees.

I'm going to see American Sniper on Friday and hopefully Birdman on Sunday.

lol @ American Sniper getting nominated for anything. That movie was so derivative and cliched.

They need to go back to only 5 for best picture.

I did not enjoy Boyhood. Incredibly overrated. I did enjoy TGBH, though I'm not sure it seems Oscar worthy overall. Fiennes should have definitely been nominated.

Does anyone know if Lego Movie disqualified itself for having live action?

rant time

No Nightcrawler for acting or writing or cinematography or fucking anything? jesus I hate the academy awards...they always do nothing but piss me off

Gone Girl noms for best picture, acting, writing even? the fucking author WROTE both the novel and the adaptation! fucking hell, orginal score?

Foxcatcher...I'm sorry but Mark Ruffalo was just Mark Ruffalo...fuckin Channing Tatum was actually trying to act in that one

I swear to god if Guardians of the Galaxy wins an academy award then I will never go on Tumblr again... the smug douche-iness of marvel fans that think these movies are cinematic masterpieces will be overwhelming

The Lego Movie snubbed? A film that will be surely an animation classic for years to come...snubbed? really... but The Boxtrolls (6.9 on IMDB) gets nominated?

such rage
/rant

Back