2015 Academy Awards (BIRDMAN Wins Best Picture and Director)

Boyhood should be in the best director category, MAYBE best movie because of the concept (not win, but a nom atleast). But that's what it is - mostly concept. Execution was alright, It's a fine film, but nothing spectacular. The character the movie is actually about (the boy in Boyhood) is extremely boring. I can see Richard winning best director for the scope.

Surprised Bradley Cooper is nominated, only because the film itself was typical warfare. The story of the man (Chris Kyle) is more interesting than the two hours spent on him being a bad ass with PTSD.

I foresee Michael Keaton winning a lot. Or maybe that's just nostalgic hope. Either way, it's nice knowing the guy has been nominated for an Oscar this late in his career. Bruce Wayne/Beetlejuice FTW!

What in the fuck is with all those American Sniper noms? Hogging up space where worthy films/actors could have found a home. Disappointing.

Sucks bad that Joaquin Phoenix has put on two really very great performances in two really very polarizing films. Snubbed on a nomination at the very least. I wasn't crazy about GBH, but Fiennes was snubbed real good too, especially considering Bradley Cooper's nomination.

Glad to see Ida get some recognition for cinematography. Much like The White Ribbon a few years ago, it is just about impossible to win, but at least it is not going to lose to a bullshit nomination like Avatar. First year in awhile that the Cinematography category isn't shameful. GBH or Birdman seem likely.

What in the fuck is with all those American Sniper noms? Hogging up space where worthy films/actors could have found a home. Disappointing.

Sucks bad that Joaquin Phoenix has put on two really very great performances in two really very polarizing films. Snubbed on a nomination at the very least. I wasn't crazy about GBH, but Fiennes was snubbed real good too, especially considering Bradley Cooper's nomination.

Glad to see Ida get some recognition for cinematography. Much like The White Ribbon a few years ago, it is just about impossible to win, but at least it is not going to lose to a bullshit nomination like Avatar. First year in awhile that the Cinematography category isn't shameful. GBH or Birdman seem likely.

Didn't Phoenix get a nod for The Master? or were you talking about a different film as the other polarizing film?

I thought he was great in The Master but it's always an uphill climb in Daniel Day Lewis is up for the same award. Haven't seen Inherent Vice.

The oscars fall in love with certain actors. Bradley Cooper appears to be one of them. I'm actually shocked not to see Amy Adams up for anything...i'm sure her performance in that Sniper movie had to have more depth than her role in The Master that she got nominated for.

Didn't Phoenix get a nod for The Master? or were you talking about a different film as the other polarizing film?

I thought he was great in The Master but it's always an uphill climb in Daniel Day Lewis is up for the same award. Haven't seen Inherent Vice.

The oscars fall in love with certain actors. Bradley Cooper appears to be one of them. I'm actually shocked not to see Amy Adams up for anything...i'm sure her performance in that Sniper movie had to have more depth than her role in The Master that she got nominated for.

He did, yes, but I was talking specifically about him getting snubbed for a nomination this year. I believe 100% that he should have won for The Master, so that is also a snub in its own right; it would have been absolutely criminal if he didn't even get nominated.

Seriously.

Ya lame. Gyllenhall snubbed too, 2 years in a row

Best Actress is gonna be tough.

I really like Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl. However, Felicity Jones did a great job in Theory of Everything.

Big Hero 6 should be a lock for Best Animated Feature.

Really confused as to why Foxcatcher was nominated for best director but wasn't nominated for best picture ? (those two categories go hand and hand )

So lego movie didn't get nominated ? BOOOOO

Best Actress is gonna be tough.

I really like Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl. However, Felicity Jones did a great job in Theory of Everything.

Big Hero 6 should be a lock for Best Animated Feature.
I love Big Hero 6 but I think How to Train your Dragon 2 is the Favorite especially after the Golden Globes and the Lego Movie getting snubbed

Can everyone stop using the word "snubbed" now? It was cool on page one.

Lol I liked The Imitation Game but even at its best it came nowhere near best-picture worthy. Plus the nomination lends the people calling it Oscar-bait some legitimacy.

Looking forward to seeing Birdman, Foxcatcher, and American Sniper before the ceremony. It's nice to be sort of in on what's going on for once.

I suppose I have this god-forsaken place to thank for that.

Can everyone stop using the word "snubbed" now? It was cool on page one.

This is pretty much the universally accepted term for when a film or actor is illogically overlooked during the various award ceremonies. Get with it brah

I really thought Lego Movie would be the shoe in for winning the award. Guess not lol

Back