2012 Fighter of the Year

Im thinking Ben Henderson this year......3 solid wins....a title win and 2 defences.

Bendo I guess he had a great year but nobody else really had a great year

Bendo/Jones/Barao

Weidman fits breakout a little more than Gus even though Gus had the biggest win of the two against Shogun.

I would have said benson except I think he lost to frankie. I dont think you can give it to anyone but a champion of a weight - the year was pretty lacklustre but it will probably go to anderson as much as sherdog will cringe. Huge ppv win, highlight reel fight with 2 tkos

Fighter of the Year - Benson, 3 title fights, 3-0 in the UFC this year, 6-0 overall regardless of the controversy of the Edgar fights.

Breakthrough Fighter - Johny Hendricks (Kampmann & Koscheck)

Or Cub Swanson - (Pearson, Oliveira & Roop) all T/KO wins.

I would have said benson except I think he lost to frankie. I dont think you can give it to anyone but a champion of a weight - the year was pretty lacklustre but it will probably go to anderson as much as sherdog will cringe. Huge ppv win, highlight reel fight with 2 tkos

He had two razor close fights with Edgar, but Frankie is also one of the top p4p fighters in the entire sport.

While its worth a bit of a knock, its not enough to undo the spectacular showings and the "im for real" statement Henderson made this year.

He had two razor close fights with Edgar, but Frankie is also one of the top p4p fighters in the entire sport.

While its worth a bit of a knock, its not enough to undo the spectacular showings and the "im for real" statement Henderson made this year.

I woyldnt be surprised if benson got it -

Bendo shouldn't be considered because he lost.

Gus 4 breakthrough

Bendo shouldn't be considered because he lost.

yup

I don't see the point in giving a guy credit for a decision he didn't deserve. We aren't bound by what the majority of 3 people thought. It's really two, one who was Dave Hagen, the worst judge in the sport.

I'd rather give it to a guy who won 3 times, and in decisive fashion, like Cub. KO of Ross, Do Bronx, and Roop is a hell of a year, and puts him over the edge, especially in such a down year for candidates. Roop IMO beat Hioki, Ross arguably beat Barboza, and Oli did beat Brookins. Those are a few solid wins at 145.

Last edited:
Matt Brown went 4-0 in the UFC this year.

He beat...
- Chris Cope
- Stephen Thompson
- Luis Ramos
- Mike Swick

Back