2012 Fighter of the Year

Benson probably takes fighter of the year. The controversial Edgar fights hurt the argument, but there is no doubt hes at the very top of the division and one of the best in the sport.

Rousey probably takes breakout star (even though I dont entirely respect womens MMA). Going from a nobody to a mainstream star in a year - and the top of the womens division - is a pretty big leap.

If the 2nd Edgar fight looked like the first then Bendo, but I thought he lost.

Hendricks and Gus in that case

imo, fighter of the year can be awarded to any athlete that participates in any combat sports..

and Marquez KO'ing Manny Pacquiao, was undoubtedly the most shocking and most publicized event in all combat sports, in 2012.

I think that alone deserves fighter of the year.

Sterrrrrrrrrooooiiiidddssssss!

1. Benson
2. Mighty Mouse
3. Gustaffson
4. Weidman

No one in that list really stands out.

Rhonda completely wrecked her opponents.

I still think Shogun Gus is questionable.

IDK, no one is really just JUMPING out like it should.

2012 huge cards are done, so nothing is going to change.

Im sorry to be that guy
but if thats the list what a fucking horrible year for mma.

Oh and by the way george st. pierre is the clear answer for the only one beating an extremely tough opponent who was much bigger than him.

actually though, I could see the debate for Hendricks just fine.

Im sorry to be that guy
but if thats the list what a fucking horrible year for mma.

Oh and by the way george st. pierre is the clear answer for the only one beating an extremely tough opponent who was much bigger than him.

actually though, I could see the debate for Hendricks just fine.

Joke right? GSP was easily larger than Condit come fight night.

Joke right? GSP was easily larger than Condit come fight night.

Are you serious? Condit looked almost a weight class bigger than GSP fight night. I don't see many disagreeing with that. Even though the weight was likely similar.

Are you serious? Condit looked almost a weight class bigger than GSP fight night. I don't see many disagreeing with that. Even though the weight was likely similar.

What? I can guarantee you that GSP cuts a lot more weight than Carlos to make 170. Carlos is taller but did you see how much wider GSP is than Carlos. GSP is widely recognized as one of the largest WWs in MMA. GSP can re-hydrate to as high as 190lbs+ for WW fights. I doubt Carlos gets above that when training for a fight. I could be wrong, But it was GSP who looked a lot larger, to me anyway.

Back