2012 Fighter of the Year

Because they just got their engines revving in 2012 and are newcomers "in terms' of contenders

still makes no sense, "contender" newcomer of the year lol ok.......

Chris Weidman was newcomer of the year in 2011, no doubt, went 3-0 including a submission of the night

i've literally never heard in my life somebody winning a newcomer of the year or rookie of the year type award multiple years after they joined an organization lol because they didn't become a "contender" until then, that's some retarded ass logic

Ronda is fighter of the year, she single-handedly brought in a whole division to the biggest company in MMA

I don't know, personally I can't consider what a fighter does outside of the cage relevant in terms of fighting.

EDIT: I added her to the OP, because she has had an amazing year with wins over Tate and Kaufman. All her stuff outside of the cage really has elevated Womens MMA for the better.

Last edited:
Ronda is fighter of the year, she single-handedly brought in a whole division to the biggest company in MMA

I could see her next year getting it, especially if she goes 3-0 with all first round submissions.

Fighter of the year: Ben Henderson
Fight of the year: Jamie Varner vs. Joe Lauzon
KO of the year: Edson Barboza (vs. Terry Etim)
Submission of the year: Chan Sung Jung (vs. Dustin Poirier)

still makes no sense, "contender" newcomer of the year lol ok.......

Chris Weidman was newcomer of the year in 2011, no doubt, went 3-0 including a submission of the night

i've literally never heard in my life somebody winning a newcomer of the year or rookie of the year type award multiple years after they joined an organization lol because they didn't become a "contender" until then, that's some retarded ass logic

That's why it's not Rookie of the Year, they are new contenders for the title.

What set of words would you use?

EDIT: I'm gonna change it to "Break out" fighter, how's that? would that work.

Last edited:
Ronda Rousey: two spectacular wins, tons of hype/media attention, convinced Dana to add a women's division.

Come-back fighter: Stefan Struve or maybe Mike Pyle

KO: Barboza vs Etim

Sub: Poirier vs Holloway (mounted triangle armbar, that looked f#cking scary)

Rookie: Nick Newell

Last edited:
bendo didnt beat frankie so im gonna have to go with Silva because hes silva, and Gus.

No mention of Mighty Mouse? Wins over McCall and Benevidez to become the first ever flyweight title holder. Pretty successful year I think. Flyweights don't get shown enough love, they are good fighters.

That's why it's not Rookie of the Year, they are new contenders for the title.

What set of words would you use?

why even have a "contender" newcomer of the year lol people jump in and out of "contention" all the time

a newcomer of the year is for, you know, actual NEWCOMERS of the UFC

Newcomer as defined by the dictionary

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/newcomer

new

bendo
even though i felt the 2nd edgar fight was a loss, it's still recorded as a win and the fight was really competitive

Bendo for fighter of the year.

Gus for breakthrough fighter.

Not especially a fan of either but thems just the facts.

No mention of Mighty Mouse? Wins over McCall and Benevidez to become the first ever flyweight title holder. Pretty successful year I think. Flyweights don't get shown enough love, they are good fighters.

Good call, gonna add that to OP

maybe another breakout fighter of the year candidate is John Dodson, won the Ultimate Fighter and is already fighting for a Championship

Back