@Brown
Reaction score
Fighter of the Year:

Johnny Hendricks (Kos and Kampmann)
Benson (Edgar, Edgar, Diaz)
Jones (Evans, Vitor)
Anderson (Chael, Bonnar)
Boetsch (Okami, Lombard)
Mighty Mouse (Benavidez, McCall, McCall)
Rhonda Rousey (Tate, Kaufman)

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year:
Weidman (Munoz, Maia)
Gus (T.Silva, Shogun)
John Dodson (Elliot, Formiga)
Rhoda Rousey (Tate, Kaufman)

Last edited:
as much as I hate to say it, 2012 has been one shitty year

We need more candidates

Jones
Gus
Benson"s resume is the best but I believe Benson lost the second fight with Edgar so if the proper decision was made he wouldn't be on the list.

as much as I hate to say it, 2012 has been one shitty year

We need more candidates

Agreed. All the fights that could have been. I'll be glad to close the book on 2012.

Hard to say Bendo is fighter of the year when he clearly lost the rematch to Edgar... fuck the judges.

I give it to Gus

Bendo and for breakout star Gus is a good nominee.

TS, how are Weidman and Gus newcomers of the year? Chris Weidman's UFC career and winning streak started in early 2011 and Gus' started in the middle of 2010 lol

TS, how are Weidman and Gus newcomers of the year? Chris Weidman's UFC career and winning streak started in early 2011 and Gus' started in the middle of 2010 lol

Neither were talked about as contenders then. breakout doesn't mean you started fighting, it means you got relevant quickly

Because they just got their engines revving in 2012 and are newcomers "in terms' of contenders

"How much did injuries affect this list?";we must ask ourselves.

Bendo via being a champion that fought 3 times in the year! So few champions do that any more !

Ronda is fighter of the year, she single-handedly brought in a whole division to the biggest company in MMA

Back