2010's is the best NBA All-Decade Team

K. I'm a about time we get into numbers ? Would u like to start posting stats or numbers ?

80s had higher pace and more free throws than now..but keep acting like the lies you've been told were accurate

Post away.

Post away.
I've posted decades of numbers numerous times to body idiots like you.

I'm curious, what exactly makes you think that less skill and techniques made for better players. You've done nothing at all to posit your point other than Larry bird would dominate records (because, you feel like he would )

I've posted decades of numbers numerous times to body idiots like you.

I'm curious, what exactly makes you think that less skill and techniques made for better players. You've done nothing at all to posit your point other than Larry bird would dominate records (because, you feel like he would )

You've done zero to argue they have less skill other than you think they do.

You've done zero to argue they have less skill other than you think they do.
Dude. Nobody played ball in the 70s. Talent pool. Advancement..do you think ball in the 50s was decent? A fucking g League team today has more talent, than the 80s it's a numbers game. The defensive schemes of the 80s would make my high school coach mad. Ball wasn't relevant until the 80s it was the equivalent of skateboarding, in terms of popularity. Im truly blown away that you don't get this.

Dude. Nobody played ball in the 70s. Talent pool. Advancement..do you think ball in the 50s was decent? A fucking g League team today has more talent, than the 80s it's a numbers game. The defensive schemes of the 80s would make my high school coach mad. Ball wasn't relevant until the 80s it was the equivalent of skateboarding, in terms of popularity. Im truly blown away that you don't get this.

Just because there's more people playing, doesn't the overall pool is more talented. Where do you get that from? The elite is the still the elite.

Now, the only part I partially agree with is the evolution of the game. And, I was saying if the 80's and 90's played today, that would have zero problem keeping up at all.

Just because there's more people playing, doesn't the overall pool is more talented. Where do you get that from? The elite is the still the elite.

Now, the only part I partially agree with is the evolution of the game. And, I was saying if the 80's and 90's played today, that would have zero problem keeping up at all.
More people playing at a young age doesn't mean the talent pool is deeper? Not sure we can continue at this point. You're clearly stuck In a nostalgic age and are unable to see the game had progressed over 40 FUCKING YEARS.

More people playing at a young age doesn't mean the talent pool is deeper? Not sure we can continue at this point. You're clearly stuck In a nostalgic age and are unable to see the game had progressed over 40 FUCKING YEARS.

Deeper doesn't mean better. You understand that, right?

Deeper doesn't mean better. You understand that, right?
You're right..having 2 million more people play a sport with advancements in coaching and training won't make it better. Fucking idiot

You're right..having 2 million more people play a sport with advancements in coaching and training won't make it better. Fucking idiot

So, you honestly think Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Hakeem, Dr. J, Wilt, etc... would be scrubs if they played today? GTFOH.

So, you honestly think Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Hakeem, Dr. J, Wilt, etc... would be scrubs if they played today? GTFOH.
Yea and no. Would they be the legends they are today? No. They played in an era where nobody played basketball..would they be as highly regarded in a time where everyone has a hoop on their driveway? And gets picked up as a young age playing AAU? Not a chance? Would Jordan be Kawhi today? Probably not. Would kareem be an all star ? I don't know..he played in the 70s when less people played ball than roller bladed..the best player, playing with 10,000 people will be less talented then the 10th best player playing with 100,000,000 people..this isn't hard..you era was weak..

On one hand you're right, especially with new sports. On the other hand this logic has been used to make it seem like the players in the past weren't great athletes. Once a sport is popular and people grow up playing it the talent pool between generations will remain stable. Also basketball's evolution improved some parts of the game(shooting) made other parts worse.

And in the old days while the players weren't as good on average, you also had less teams meaning the worst players and teams were a lot better. So the talent has gotten better but there's also more jobs in the NBA for that talent.

Yea and no. Would they be the legends they are today? No. They played in an era where nobody played basketball..would they be as highly regarded in a time where everyone has a hoop on their driveway? And gets picked up as a young age playing AAU? Not a chance? Would Jordan be Kawhi today? Probably not. Would kareem be an all star ? I don't know..he played in the 70s when less people played ball than roller bladed..the best player, playing with 10,000 people will be less talented then the 10th best player playing with 100,000,000 people..this isn't hard..you era was weak..

You're saying Jordan would be worse than Kawhi and Kareem might not be an all star? WTF? Jordan would still dominate and who the hell would stop the sky hook today?

You're saying Jordan would be worse than Kawhi and Kareem might not be an all star? WTF? Jordan would still dominate and who the hell would stop the sky hook today?
Kareem was a centre than shot over .600 once in his career. Against other centres that averaged 6'8, and didn't play help D. Yes he would struggle to make it this league. Being the best player out of 10,000 isn't as impressive as being top 50, out of 10,000,000

On one hand you're right, especially with new sports. On the other hand this logic has been used to make it seem like the players in the past weren't great athletes. Once a sport is popular and people grow up playing it the talent pool between generations will remain stable. Also basketball's evolution improved some parts of the game(shooting) made other parts worse.

And in the old days while the players weren't as good on average, you also had less teams meaning the worst players and teams were a lot better. So the talent has gotten better but there's also more jobs in the NBA for that talent.
There were 28 teams between the NBA and ABA.

There were 28 teams between the NBA and ABA.

Talking before. And NBA's team quality suffered in the 1970s(ABA) cause teams weren't as stacked anymore. That's why there was partity, but that's cool too because you had less elite players carrying teams. After the merger things went back to the way they were in the 60s and tbh never really changed with a few stacked teams with multiple hall of famers dominating the sport in a way baseball and football just have never had. But yeah talking more about 50s and 60s, lot of people seem to think these guys sucked because of the time they played when that era had even less parity than the 80s.

Kareem was a centre than shot over .600 once in his career. Against other centres that averaged 6'8, and didn't play help D. Yes he would struggle to make it this league. Being the best player out of 10,000 isn't as impressive as being top 50, out of 10,000,000

Struggle to make it? You're truly delusional. He has the 20th highest career FG percentage to this day.

back to the topic:

No decade is beating the 2010s team.

Durant
Leonard
Lebron
Curry
Harden

Durant
Leonard
Lebron
Curry
Harden
Team at least needs one big man. AD is both good at catching lobs, and has the skill to create his own shot.

Harden would destroy the team's morale by dribbling the ball too much in isolation and taking bad shots against elite defenders. He needs a system built just for him. Just look how he underperforms in every playoff series. The man is a bonafide regular season player. When the game slows down, he shrinks.

90s would win under 90s rules

PG: Stockton
SG Jordan
SF Pippen
PF Malone
C Hakeem

Im really not seeing whats going to stop Malone and Hakeem from shooting 70% and grabbing almost evey available offensive rebound. I see Steph, Kawhi, and Durant all being bothered and limited by the elite defense and intense physicality of Stockton, Jordan, and Pippen. Steph and Durant have shown repeatedly to get bothered by physicality. In the case of Steph it takes him out of the game completely.

I also see the 90s spamming the post up between Hakeem and Malone thereby signigicantly slowimg the game down and making the 2010 team pay for all of those quick 3 point attempts.

Also, theres always that strong possibility Lebron hets the lane taken away, forced to shoot mid ranges, and mentally takes himself out the game.

The thing that will put the 90s squad over is going to be the pacing, the physicality, the defense, and the dominance down low.

I think this conversation would be a lot more intetesting if you expanded the decade rosters out to 10-12 players thereby giving each team some versatility to deal with the different rule sets and style of play across eras.

For instance the 2010s team would much more competitive under 90s rules and style of play if they could sub in Chris Paul for Steph. Or the option to bring in Dwight Howard if theyre just getting killed down low. Likewise the 90s team playing in the 2010s might benefit by bringing in a Chris Mullin or Regge Miller to help spread the floor. Or if Stocktons lack of scoring becomes an issue they could bring in one of the Hardaways or a Kevin Johnson.

Also, consider what would happen if the 2010s team was playing under 70s rules without a 3pt line? That completely takes away their biggest advantage which is floor spacing.

When you consider style of play and rule set while expanding the rosters I think the 2000s has the best team. They have the most versatility, skill sets, and attributes to play across eras. Between guys like Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Kobe, and Dirk Nowitzki they have enough shooting to spread the floor against the 2010s team. Between, Shaq, Tim, and KG they have enough low post offense, defense, and rebounding to compete with the 90s and 80s teams under their rules. Between Kobe, DWade, TMac, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter...they have the most elite scoring, defense, and athleticism from the wing spots out of all decades.

And most imoprtantly the 2000s team has the most intangibles. They have the most clutch genes, championship dna, and mental fortitude out of all the other decades. When you look at guys like Kobe, Tim, Shaq, KG, Dirk, D Wade, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, ect...these players are all as physically and mentally tough and solid as they come. No quitters, whiners, or excuse makers on this team. Contrast that with the 2010s team who are viewed as the weakest team both mentally and physically out of them all the decades.

Back