2010's is the best NBA All-Decade Team

You cant use the word overrated really for Steph Curry. But he is just a product of this generation. In any other era he is a good, not great player. I could just imagine the look a ref would give him or Harden when they flopped to the floor after shooting a three and someone brushed their hand. He couldn't guard anyone and he would be guarded A LOT tighter than he is now. His percentage would plummet. If we are talking actual basketball and not a glorified game of H-O-R-S-E like we have now, 80's and 90's win easy

90s would win under 90s rules

PG: Stockton
SG Jordan
SF Pippen
PF Malone
C Hakeem

Im really not seeing whats going to stop Malone and Hakeem from shooting 70% and grabbing almost evey available offensive rebound. I see Steph, Kawhi, and Durant all being bothered and limited by the elite defense and intense physicality of Stockton, Jordan, and Pippen. Steph and Durant have shown repeatedly to get bothered by physicality. In the case of Steph it takes him out of the game completely.

I also see the 90s spamming the post up between Hakeem and Malone thereby signigicantly slowimg the game down and making the 2010 team pay for all of those quick 3 point attempts.

Also, theres always that strong possibility Lebron hets the lane taken away, forced to shoot mid ranges, and mentally takes himself out the game.

The thing that will put the 90s squad over is going to be the pacing, the physicality, the defense, and the dominance down low.
Under current rules, do you think the 90s stand a chance?

Larry bird has never been considered a "great" defender. Jordan would be the only player on that team capable of guarding today's team where everyone can shoot 3's. Today's team has elite rim protection, and elite wing defense, and everyone can shoot. Both Malone and Hakeem are incapable of creating their own shot. It would be a blowout of epic proportions

The center with the best footwork and shiftiest moves ever can't create his own shot? ok

90s

Shaq
Malone (or Robinson or Hakeem)
Jordan
Pippen
Stockton or Tim Hardaway

90s would win under 90s rules

PG: Stockton
SG Jordan
SF Pippen
PF Malone
C Hakeem

Im really not seeing whats going to stop Malone and Hakeem from shooting 70% and grabbing almost evey available offensive rebound. I see Steph, Kawhi, and Durant all being bothered and limited by the elite defense and intense physicality of Stockton, Jordan, and Pippen. Steph and Durant have shown repeatedly to get bothered by physicality. In the case of Steph it takes him out of the game completely.

I also see the 90s spamming the post up between Hakeem and Malone thereby signigicantly slowimg the game down and making the 2010 team pay for all of those quick 3 point attempts.

Also, theres always that strong possibility Lebron hets the lane taken away, forced to shoot mid ranges, and mentally takes himself out the game.

The thing that will put the 90s squad over is going to be the pacing, the physicality, the defense, and the dominance down low.
What about Shaq?

Lol, Kobe/Wade/Bron/Duncan/Shaq, with AI, Garnett, Dirk, and Ray Allen off the bench, sweep any 2010's squad with ease.

Dream or Shaq put the whole 10s front court in foul trouble . Pippen on Durant would be interesting . Bron at the 4 gets his on offense but gives it right back on defense against Mailman.
90s can’t shoot 3s at a high clip but 10s can’t guard the post.
Curry gets punished on D because you can’t hide him on the switches .
PG-Kidd/Glove
SG-Jordan/Richmond
SF-Pippen/Rodman/Rice or Mullins
PF-Mailman/Duncan/Chuck
C-Dream/Shaq/Admiral

Last edited:
Bird was a top 10 best defensive player of the 80s:
1. Hakeem
2. Robinson
3. Eaton
4. Sikma
5. Karl Malone
6. Bird
7. Mahorn
8. Erving
9. Jordan
10. Moses Malone

Best defensive players of the 10s:
1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Paul George
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Paul Millsap
7. Andre Drummond
8. DeAndre Jordan
9. Kevin Garnett
10. Giannis

The 2010s list just goes to show that defense is probably not that important in modern basketball.
The only player in the top 10 with a championship is Kevin Garnett with the Celtics in 2008, and it was his teammate Paul Pierce who won Finals MVP.
Though I reckon the other players on this list will add more championships in future.

Last edited:
Lol, Kobe/Wade/Bron/Duncan/Shaq, with AI, Garnett, Dirk, and Ray Allen off the bench, sweep any 2010's squad with ease.
Curry, Kawhi, Durant, LeBron, AD
with CP3, Giannis, Harden, Embiid, Klay, Westbrook off the bench

I'm confident with that team.

I think this conversation would be a lot more intetesting if you expanded the decade rosters out to 10-12 players thereby giving each team some versatility to deal with the different rule sets and style of play across eras.

For instance the 2010s team would much more competitive under 90s rules and style of play if they could sub in Chris Paul for Steph. Or the option to bring in Dwight Howard if theyre just getting killed down low. Likewise the 90s team playing in the 2010s might benefit by bringing in a Chris Mullin or Regge Miller to help spread the floor. Or if Stocktons lack of scoring becomes an issue they could bring in one of the Hardaways or a Kevin Johnson.

Also, consider what would happen if the 2010s team was playing under 70s rules without a 3pt line? That completely takes away their biggest advantage which is floor spacing.

When you consider style of play and rule set while expanding the rosters I think the 2000s has the best team. They have the most versatility, skill sets, and attributes to play across eras. Between guys like Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Kobe, and Dirk Nowitzki they have enough shooting to spread the floor against the 2010s team. Between, Shaq, Tim, and KG they have enough low post offense, defense, and rebounding to compete with the 90s and 80s teams under their rules. Between Kobe, DWade, TMac, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter...they have the most elite scoring, defense, and athleticism from the wing spots out of all decades.

And most imoprtantly the 2000s team has the most intangibles. They have the most clutch genes, championship dna, and mental fortitude out of all the other decades. When you look at guys like Kobe, Tim, Shaq, KG, Dirk, D Wade, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, ect...these players are all as physically and mentally tough and solid as they come. No quitters, whiners, or excuse makers on this team. Contrast that with the 2010s team who are viewed as the weakest team both mentally and physically out of them all the decades.
Good post man! 2000s was my era! Can’t forget AI.

Kobe - 1
Kobe - 2
Kobe - 3
Kobe - 4
Kobe - 5

Larry bird has never been considered a "great" defender. Jordan would be the only player on that team capable of guarding today's team where everyone can shoot 3's. Today's team has elite rim protection, and elite wing defense, and everyone can shoot. Both Malone and Hakeem are incapable of creating their own shot. It would be a blowout of epic proportions

AHAHAHAHA <45>
I guess I must have imagined all of the times Malone and Hakeem dominated with their post moves.

Seriously the worst take I've seen on here in a long time.

Bird was probably a top 10 best defensive player of the 80s:
1. Hakeem
2. Robinson
3. Eaton
4. Sikma
5. Karl Malone
6. Bird
7. Mahorn
8. Erving
9. Jordan
10. Moses Malone

Best defensive players of the 10s:
1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Paul George
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Paul Millsap
7. Andre Drummond
8. DeAndre Jordan
9. Kevin Garnett
10. Giannis

The 2010s list just goes to show that defense is probably not that important in modern basketball.
The only player in the top 10 with a championship is Kevin Garnett with the Celtics in 2008, and it was his teammate Paul Pierce who won Finals MVP.
Though I reckon the other players on this list will add more championships in future.
The fact you don't have Kawhi Leonard on that list makes this post unworthy

Who on the list is Kawhi a better defender than?
Your list is messed up. Kawhi is clearly a better defender (at his best) than few of those you mentioned, with 2 DPOY awards and 5 All-Defensive team selections to back it up. I got Kawhi over Millsap, DJ, Joakim, and even PG. The only guys I'm confident to say that are arguably better than Kawhi defensively is KG and Dwight (both in their prime)

These dumbshit millennial threads make people dumber... Avoid this shit.

Let these young delusional dumbfucks believe everything is better nowadays. Basketball, music, art, cinema, food, women, society, literature, cars. Seriously. It's their loss. They don't realize how fucking retarded they are.

Literally, this generation is dumber than the previous one, and is probably the dumbest of all time. Look up studies on the reduction of the cognitive capabilities of these young fucks. They have the attention span of a retarded clownfish. They don't have patience to watch the games, they are on twitter typing half phrases and emojis and listening to dumb "rap music" with the game on mute... they look at stats and get impressed by a 140-145 game with 85 uncontested 3-point shots, and then they come to the internet to spill their "knowledge"...

LMAO. These retards are amazing.

Last edited:
Back