Elections 20,000 Troops Occupy DC for Inauguration

Your boy Trump set Capital police and other LEOs on peacefull protesters at Lafayette square, violating their 1st amendment rights. Your side is the one putting LEOs on a pedestal and defending them against calls for accountability. So don't talk about bootlickers unless you are willing to look in the mirror.
Were those the same peaceful protesters that injured almost a hundred cops and agents, and set a church on fire?

Were those the same peaceful protesters that injured almost a hundred cops and agents, and set a church on fire?
They weren't the same.

Peaceful Protesters Tear-Gassed To Clear Way For Trump Church Photo-Op

The plaza between St. John's Church and Lafayette Park was full of people nonviolently protesting police brutality late Monday afternoon when U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops, with the use of tear gas, suddenly started pushing them away for no apparent reason.

And then it became clear.

President Trump wanted to walk from the White House through the park to the Episcopal church. Camera crews scrambled to keep up with him as he strode through the park, followed by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, along with Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials

Odds are Antifa will infiltrate and try once again to make Trump Patriots look bad...

If these politicians and media personalities would stop calling Trump supporters racists, bigots and nazis, we might be able to find some common ground and improve communication and relations. Crazy times...

Still amazed there wasn't more during the certification vote. This inauguration needs to be heavily secured.

It will be. The 20,000 National Guard troops are just for starters. Secret Service: Uniformed Division, Presidential Detail and Counter Assault Team. FBI, including Enhanced SWAT Teams and the elite Hostage Rescue Team. Washington PD, NYPD(at least 200 officers)State Police, US Coastguard, EOD units, US Marine Corp... no one is getting anywhere near Biden and Harris on Inauguration Day. Million Militia March won't even put a dent in the defences that have been set up.

Of course, while you can lock down Washington for the Inauguration, you can't do the same to every other potential target in the country. Back in 2005, the G8 was held at Gleneagles in Scotland. With the most powerful men in the world attending, the site was protected with everything from armed police to Apache Helicopters. A large contingent from the Met(London)police were sent up to help with security...and while they were up at Gleneagles, four Islamic terrorists killed nearly 50 people in suicide bombings in London.

I don't think there's much danger of anything happening at the Inauguration. But I'm far less certain there won't be an attack somewhere else in the country at the same time.

It will be. The 20,000 National Guard troops are just for starters. Secret Service: Uniformed Division, Presidential Detail and Counter Assault Team. FBI, including Enhanced SWAT Teams and the elite Hostage Rescue Team. Washington PD, NYPD(at least 200 officers)State Police, US Coastguard, EOD units, US Marine Corp... no one is getting anywhere near Biden and Harris on Inauguration Day. Million Militia March won't even put a dent in the defences that have been set up.

Of course, while you can lock down Washington for the Inauguration, you can't do the same to every other potential target in the country. Back in 2005, the G8 was held at Gleneagles in Scotland. With the most powerful men in the world attending, the site was protected with everything from armed police to Apache Helicopters. A large contingent from the Met(London)police were sent up to help with security...and while they were up at Gleneagles, four Islamic terrorists killed nearly 50 people in suicide bombings in London.

I don't think there's much danger of anything happening at the Inauguration. But I'm far less certain there won't be an attack somewhere else in the country at the same time.

I don’t see that as a good reason to have less security with the current events that transpired. Sure, there are a limited amount of resources to divert but I think the priority on that day makes sense.

I don’t see that as a good reason to have less security with the current events that transpired. Sure, there are a limited amount of resources to divert but I think the priority on that day makes sense.

No argument from me. Given the tensions and the very real threat of violence, this was the only response possible.

I'm just pointing out that because Inauguration Day passes off peacefully, that doesn't mean there won't be a domestic terror attack elsewhere.

No argument from me. Given the tensions and the very real threat of violence, this was the only response possible.

I'm just pointing out that because Inauguration Day passes off peacefully, that doesn't mean there won't be a domestic terror attack elsewhere.

Yea, kinda feel overdue at this point. I wonder if the FBI has mentioned a decline in credible threats over the past few years cause it does feel like it dropped off the media’s radar at the point.

Yea, kinda feel overdue at this point. I wonder if the FBI has mentioned a decline in credible threats over the past few years cause it does feel like it dropped off the media’s radar at the point.

The FBI issued a statement this week saying there was a credible threat of Militia attacks in all 50 State Capitals on Inauguration Day.

I agree, just like the Right will never let go of or forget the rioting, looting and violence perpetrated by Left leaning protestors and how Left leaning politicians glossed it over, condoned it and in some cases encouraged it. The fact is that too many of the divides between Left and Right have simply grown too engrained and calcified to fill in. There are some very fundamental differences in how they view their country, their society and their freedoms.

Issues of gender
Issues of education
Issues of personal freedoms in regards to interpretations of 1A and 2A
Issues of religion and or religious freedoms
Issues of fetal life
Issues of parental rights
Etc.

With both sides characterizing each other as racists, fascists, destroyers of Democracy, etc. There is very real hate that has been generated and is still brewing and growing on both sides of the societal fence. This will become much more an issue on the Right as they find themselves hedged in more and more by society, government, media, educational institutes. In many ways, the Right is having their Native American moment. They're finding their "lands" overrun and their reservations getting smaller and smaller.
All of that ( much of it false or half truths )pales in comparison to the right trying to deny the results of an election and the storming of the capital .

Last edited:
All of that ( much of it false or half truths )pales in comparison to the right trying to deny the results of an election and an the storming of the capital .

That's actually part of the problem from a Right perspective AC, you see it as false or half truths and they see it as their reality. Both Left and Right ideologies may have genuine grievances that the other side needs to address honestly but neither will if they outright dismiss the viewpoints of their opposite numbers.

A basic problem is no one generally sees themselves as the villain. They see themselves on the side of "righteousness", especially if their ideological social circle agrees with them.

Last edited:
Lol at bootlickers so dumb they support the normalization of American military occupation.

And it'll be "for your protection" of course.

BLM can murder 5 cops in Texas and obama and the left blame the police. THe right wing gets uppity and riots? Military occupation. The establishment is acting shook.

I think we should all be against the normalization of military occupation. Betcha the 100% fake "anti establishment" left doesn't agree
“The establishment is acting shook”
<{chips}>
Was George Washington “shook” when he called up the militia to squash the Whisky Rebellion?
This is how you deal with rebellion and insurrection. The National Guard is the militia. They are there because of the actions of Trump and his supporters. You guys own it.

The FBI issued a statement this week saying there was a credible threat of Militia attacks in all 50 State Capitals on Inauguration Day.

Oh, I wasn’t thinking about domestic terrorism when you said that. What a great new era where we don’t even have to import terrorism.

the trumpers all had a boner for law and order back then. what happened?

i guess it doesnt fit their political narrative when a bunch of their own try to overthrow democracy because their candidate of choice lost the election.
Who

Who has been consistent on anything?

It's 100% about the tribe, the party. Not values. Not views.

My side is rioting? Fuck da police!

Their side is rioting? LAW AND ORDER!

And round and round we go. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

“The establishment is acting shook”
<{chips}>
Was George Washington “shook” when he called up the militia to squash the Whisky Rebellion?
This is how you deal with rebellion and insurrection. The National Guard is the militia. They are there because of the actions of Trump and his supporters. You guys own it.

Tax Rebellion Winners crushing next tax rebellion never gets old.

This whole thing should have been the elite vs everyone else. They use the media to turn each side against each other because they are terrified of both sides realizing how fucked over they are by the ruling class and the aristocracy.

No one person should ever be worth a hundred billion dollars. It's utter insanity. The only way to win is to buy mega Corp stocks but so many people live paycheck to paycheck and the dollar is losing so much value that no one can live that way anymore.

Back