17 year old blue belt beats Sonny Nohara!!!!

please provide documentation here. just checked the website, and it didn't say anything about this issue. also, the teens are required to check in with an ID of some sort... if this was the case, it would definitely be caught...

additionally, he has competed in IBJJF tournaments on multiple occasions. They know his age.

i feel that this blue belt has a great wrestling background, but i did not see bjj technique. he did not even posture when he was in guard.

i feel that this blue belt has a great wrestling background, but i did not see bjj technique. he did not even posture when he was in guard.

holy smokes... how to even respond to this? ok, so you watched the video right? you saw john in sonny's unreal open guard right? i was unaware up until this point that wrestlers learn how to defend killer attacks from the open guard. thank you sir, for expanding my view of wrestling and the expansive training that they do.

also, john wrestled for one season in high school... and the 'he did not even posture in guard' comment, is hilarious. kenny, is this your other username?

the amount of flame in this thread is ridiculous

war wrestling

holy smokes... how to even respond to this? ok, so you watched the video right? you saw john in sonny's unreal open guard right? i was unaware up until this point that wrestlers learn how to defend killer attacks from the open guard. thank you sir, for expanding my view of wrestling and the expansive training that they do.

also, john wrestled for one season in high school... and the 'he did not even posture in guard' comment, is hilarious. kenny, is this your other username?

Never said anything bad about John, I applaud him for a great match. I hope he continues to do awesome. You are the one that I think is a bitch. Carry on (and keep my name out of your mouth please)

Too much animosity in f12 these days. Congrats to John.

He is a 17 year old blue belt, that's a fact. The Newspapers do the same thing when they print a story, they sell the sizzle not the steak.

When it comes to Masters, as I understand it, even if you are 29, if you will turn 30 that year, you can fight Masters. Which is strange, but seems to be the rule.

Not sure how it works with Juveniles, 'm'fraid.

Take care,

Oli

Never said anything bad about John, I applaud him for a great match. I hope he continues to do awesome. You are the one that I think is a bitch.

Yeah, agreed. It would have been just a little bit classier to name the thread: blue belt John whatever beats blackbelt!!!!

So if you have a good base and can get a takedown you're now a wrestler?

I won't believe he's 17 until he produces his birth certificate.

Original copy only.

Yeah, agreed. It would have been just a little bit classier to name the thread: blue belt John whatever beats blackbelt!!!!

I had never heard of John, so I probably wouldnt have clicked on this thread. The tag line of a teenager blue belt defeating a black belt, enticed me into clicking on the thread, and some young kid do work!

seriously, you guys that got offended, need to untie the knot in your dick and chill the fuck out. seriously, this is what you get riled up about? maybe yall should migrate to /f2, you can flame the shit out of eachother there and get butt hurt all day long and you will just blend right in.

The 17 year old is obviously talented and has a huge future and deserves all of the "props" in the world for winning against a talented guy like Sonny.

BUT (and dont take this "but" as if I'm taking anything away from him), this is no gi with a relatively short time limit and if a talented wrestler wants to disengage every time there is a risk to his position or the risk of submission, then there is little a black belt can do to force the action (more than what Sonny did).

Again, John fought with a smart strategy and looks like he has great base and excellent mat awareness. I would like to see him roll with higher belts in the gym to see how he opens up his game because he was playing a strategic game here and its hard to appreciate how his jiujitsu is when what he is demonstrating is a bit more wrestling.

Please make no mistake: The kid is awesome and his instructor deserves a lot of credit for developing his talent, but Sonny has accomplished so much that I dont think that this video really makes an ounce of difference...

Id really like to see a gi match between the two.

i agree with what you said in your post regarding the short time limit. however, as far as seeing more of him on the mat, then simply watch the other 85 videos he has on youtube against other BJJ competitors. who sent you! who put you up to this?! it had to be kenny! i knew it kenny... you sneaky sneaky douche.

everyone keeps talking about this kid's wrestling. he wrestled ONE YEAR in high school.

this is testimony to two things.

1) this kid is a serious prodigy

2) wrestling is phucking awesome

he's been a blue belt for a long time. placing at the worlds/pan ams numerous times. amazing work. can't wait to see him competing in the blue belt division for the next 3 years or so.

chino- you unfit dullard... are you so thick headed that you cannot understand that the post warranted nothing more in a few people than rolling their eyes and typing a quick reply? you are acting as if anyone that agreed it was in poor taste is so disgusted over the post that it affected them on a personal level, and as if it wasn

Last edited:
Kenny vs. Ghost Dog.

Make it happen F12!

I will back in new england for christmas. If you will meet half-way... say new york.. i will be more than happy to roll with you. and although you'll insist on rolling naked as you always do in our back and forth PM's, i insist on a gi.

i insist on chino taping it, and the manner in which he decides to post the video on the forum is up to his discretion. and no kenny, he will not tape it naked either.

Back