“You Cannot Hire American Here”

Imagine thinking you're left-wing while shilling for the exploitation of undocumented workers.

"Americans won't do the job" is literally a non-argument. Should 14 hour shifts, 7 days a week for worse pay and the ability to collectively bargain for better terms non-existant be "american jobs"? Straight up lunacy. Any business owner who profit from this should be prosecuted.

Huge difference legally bringing in migrant workers and paying a legal wage and people sneaking across the border to live here forever and taking jobs for 1/2 of min wage.
You ignored the crux of my point.

If you do not want undocumented workers sneaking and staying in illegally and working then the easy solution is to punish the corporations who hire them. Full stop.

Not only does it not cost the tax payers anything but it makes them money if you do it that.

You tell Trump Co's in construction, and Hotels that if they continue to hire these people every time the spot light goes off them only to keep enjoying higher profits due to paying them lower wages, that the gov't is not only going to take back those increased profits, via fines, but multiple offenders will lose their business charter and be shut down.

That is an easy fix and one that costs the citizens nothing and that would be near 100% effective.

So whenever you see a gov't not take an easy and cost effective or profit making initiative and instead suggest something that will not work but will require the gov't to spend hundreds of billions, you should realize why they do it. Don't be a dupe for gov't. The gov't does not want to take away the profits, due to low cost labour from employers. They want to KEEP the undocumented workers around as they are a great scapegoat for other problems, and they want to spend billions on useless solutions padding the wallets of donors and friends.

People need to wake up. The answer to this is painfully easy. Fine and shut down repeat offender employers and this problem goes away instantly. Full stop.

You ignored the crux of my point.

If you do not want undocumented workers sneaking and staying in illegally and working then the easy solution is to punish the corporations who hire them. Full stop.

Not only does it not cost the tax payers anything but it makes them money if you do it that.

You tell Trump Co's in construction, and Hotels that if they continue to hire these people every time the spot light goes off them only to keep enjoying higher profits due to paying them lower wages, that the gov't is not only going to take back those increased profits, via fines, but multiple offenders will lose their business charter and be shut down.

That is an easy fix and one that costs the citizens nothing and that would be near 100% effective.

So whenever you see a gov't not take an easy and cost effective or profit making initiative and instead suggest something that will not work but will require the gov't to spend hundreds of billions, you should realize why they do it. Don't be a dupe for gov't. The gov't does not want to take away the profits, due to low cost labour from employers. They want to KEEP the undocumented workers around as they are a great scapegoat for other problems, and they want to spend billions on useless solutions padding the wallets of donors and friends.

People need to wake up. The answer to this is painfully easy. Fine and shut down repeat offender employers and this problem goes away instantly. Full stop.
I agree look at the very first reply to the thread

Imagine thinking you're left-wing while shilling for the exploitation of undocumented workers.

"Americans won't do the job" is literally a non-argument. Should 14 hour shifts, 7 days a week for worse pay and the ability to collectively bargain for better terms non-existant be "american jobs"? Straight up lunacy. Any business owner who profit from this should be prosecuted.

But then everyone will complain tthat food costs too much.

Where are all the people that support the "there should be no minimum wage" Idea?

3a2d8fa292b4cee94e428510ed9ad583.gif
Now teach him to fly a spaceship and give him a gun.

Where are all the people that support the "there should be no minimum wage" Idea?
I’m right here but it’s something not even worth bringing up because the US has a low minimum wage anyways and because it’s impossible to convince people otherwise that they’re not needed. You just have to look into it yourself, at least that’s how it was for me.

If you can't get legal workers then you need to give more incentives for people to take that job - money, benefits. If you can't aford to do that then you raise the cost of your product or you have a failing business model.

They can't find Americans to work as prep-cooks for $15 an hour? Get f**ked. I'd take that over my next paralegal temp assignment for $15-18 an hour.

Last edited:
If you can't get legal workers then you need to give more incentives for people to take that job - money, benefits. If you can't aford to do that then you raise the cost of your product or you have a failing business model.

I agree. But what do you do when nobody can afford food?

They can't find Americans to work as prep-cooks for $15 an hour? Get f**ked. I'd take that over my next paralegal tem assignment for $15-18 an hour.
lol you know that's bullshit. There's people working in McDonald's for half that, you know they'd jump at the chance to do the job. I dont believe they're paying that much.

Which would make sense if you prevented corporations from outsourcing...which is just hiring illegal immigrant workers but housing them in their original countries, lol.

Hold on, before you respond let me explain. The low wage argument about how illegal immigrants hurts domestic wages has some validity. But it is the economically identical scenario to going to a country with lower wages and employing those people. In both cases, you're circumventing the domestic wage market for lower waged employees.

One cannot say to a company "You need to incentivize people to take your low wage work by raising your costs." while allowing other companies to circumvent those same pressures by offshoring.

If you want real market competition and you're allowing offshoring to beat the domestic wage floor, you're going to have to let domestic companies beat the domestic wage floor as well. Otherwise, you're tipping the market in favor of companies that can offshore.

Make Home Ec a required class so people actually know how to fucking cook?

Yes! I have been saying this for a long time.

It would also help people eat healthier and not just premade garbage. It would save us a ton in medical costs long term.

Couple issues here. One being restaurants are already notoriously hard to operate for a profit with a majority failing in the first year and a vast majority shuttering before 5 years. Raising costs and charging more for your product isn’t in reality feasible for the industry at the moment.

Secondly, I don’t see raising the wages of something like a prep cook actually translating into a restaurant getting the same quality of work from an American as they do an immigrant. The immigrants I’ve cooked with bust their fucking asses, take their jobs as dead serious, and operate on a completely different level than Americans doing the the same jobs as them. Even in the really successful, high end places I’ve worked where all the kitchen staff is paid well over minimum wage, the head chefs always hire a ton of immigrants because they work the hardest and fastest.

Which would make sense if you prevented corporations from outsourcing...which is just hiring illegal immigrant workers but housing them in their original countries, lol.

Hold on, before you respond let me explain. The low wage argument about how illegal immigrants hurts domestic wages has some validity. But it is the economically identical scenario to going to a country with lower wages and employing those people. In both cases, you're circumventing the domestic wage market for lower waged employees.

One cannot say to a company "You need to incentivize people to take your low wage work by raising your costs." while allowing other companies to circumvent those same pressures by offshoring.

If you want real market competition and you're allowing offshoring to beat the domestic wage floor, you're going to have to let domestic companies beat the domestic wage floor as well. Otherwise, you're tipping the market in favor of companies that can offshore.

This affects more than just low skill work. Engineers in particular are hit pretty hard by out sourcing. To do a project in Canada you must have the engineering designs rubber stamped (literally) by a registered professional engineer with one of the provincial organizations. You need one stamp. All of the work can be done in India, though.

I've thought that this was a major security risk since before my bachelor's degree, actually. Because they only need one stamp, they very likely don't need any stamp in particular. So the stamp with the least scrupulous owner will do. Legally, the buck also stops with whatever sheister they find to rubber stamp their imported drawings. The managers who go looking for them bear no responsibility.

You like to tell stories about your ol' man and doctordom. My dad and my uncle are both engineers (as am I). They have to supervise articling engineers, so they tell me stories about what my would be colleagues are up to. Quite a few of them are leaving for the trades before they get their designation, actually, and it's because of out-sourcing.

Make Home Ec a required class so people actually know how to fucking cook?

Yes! 10000%

People need to know how to cook real food and not only eat pre made garbage!

Our shitty diets are directly related to a large portion of our health problems.

I think it happens significantly more for illegals because there is no other option for them and you're kind of looking at this part of the problem from the wrong direction.

A solution would be efficient immigration policy for migrants and workers and completely discentivizing illegally entering in the first place by making legal entry easier, especially for workers.

So then these newly legal immigrants don't get hired because they will warrant American wages and benefits?

<TheWire1>

Yes! I have been saying this for a long time.

It would also help people eat healthier and not just premade garbage. It would save us a ton in medical costs long term.
This is a class in high school in the UK (i think, Scotland for sure because i had to take it lol) and we have a ridiculous obesity rate

Back