“You Cannot Hire American Here”

Cool playbook npr

Say Americans won't do these jobs because pay is too low.

Import immigrants so they can do low paying jobs.
Give citizenship to immigrants.
Raise minimum wage to the rate of which Americans would have the worked those jobs in the first place.

Profit.

i wonder what would happen if they cut out a bunch of welfare?

In regards to wealthy business owners when have they ever valued the “American worker.”

When they were voting in right wing politicians that wanted nothing more than to crush unions so they could be in a position to hire illegal workers for slave wages?

This is how business views the American worker, valueless.

Also since I’m partners in 3 restaurants and bars in NJ hiring American workers doesn’t always work out so well. Especially the back of the house (kitchen work)

People from south of the border do a much better job and value their jobs much more.

You have 2 options, hire a 17 year old busboy or a guy from maybe Mexico who needs the work. The 17 year old American kid doesn’t even know he’s alive 9 outta 10 times. Moves at a snails pace and is on their phones the entire shift.

Also we pay our workers more. 15-20 an hour for a lot of the back of the house guys. We also don’t work them 6-7 days a week 14 hours a day.

How many business were part of the story?

How many were aired?

How many were not aired?

What was the reason for some not being aired?

Summed up in one sentence yet this fact eludes the entire Democratic Party ...
And what eludes the entire Republican party and base is that the problem could be ended tomorrow if Republicans were truly interested by simply fining business who do the hiring and removing the charter of multiple offenders like Trump's businesses.

You will never stop the people coming as long as the companies are paying more than they can make at home, so lets not pretend punishing people and sending them back will stop the problem any more than arresting a drug users stops others from using drugs.

You want this problem to end. Target the hiring companies. Make them pay. And they will stop it instantly if they face real risk.

why do you think republicans and there supporters act so stupid about this solution in your opinion?

My dads friend has his own small business making liposuction needles here in oc. hardcore republican . Let’s just say most of his machinists are illegals but really cool guys . I volunteered there for a few months . The guys were riding their bikes there from other cities at like 4 -5 am. Hard workers .
Without illegal Mexicans his business wouldn’t exist and he wouldn’t have money to buy one of his daughters a Land Rover like it’s nothing .

What a hero.

It's actually pretty likely he could survive if he paid people legally authorized to work here fair wages.

His daughter may have to settle for a Rav 4 though. The horror.

Learning from the best I see

F1Sp.gif

*barf*

I can literally smell the self righteousness dripping from her supercool modern hairdo.

Never owned a restaurant but used to be a head chef. Dude it's a revolving door of drunks and addicts who can't hold down other work. I've worked as the only white dude in a kitchen before with plenty of illegal immigrants. The point is that illegal immigrants often work much harder with far less complaints. I worked with cats who would work 6am to 5pm and then run to another kitchen where they would work another full shift. It's wild. I worked with a cat who worked open to close six days a week to put his neice through private school.

I would constantly pull 12 hour shifts and had no idea how some of these dudes could do it.

When something is all you have, then it's all you have.

Doesn't make it right though.

And what eludes the entire Republican party and base is that the problem could be ended tomorrow if Republicans were truly interested by simply fining business who do the hiring and removing the charter of multiple offenders like Trump's businesses.

You will never stop the people coming as long as the companies are paying more than they can make at home, so lets not pretend punishing people and sending them back will stop the problem any more than arresting a drug users stops others from using drugs.

You want this problem to end. Target the hiring companies. Make them pay. And they will stop it instantly if they face real risk.

why do you think republicans and there supporters act so stupid about this solution in your opinion?
The republicans do have a solution it just so happens the opposition thinks it’s a racist policy.

The reality is that this is as old as America and it was never a "problem" until recently when politicians started looking for people to blame for the failure of wages to increase. They couldn't blame the constant handouts to corporations or the gutting of unions so someone else needed to be responsible. And the reliable hundreds of years of cross border labor is easiest to blame because those people aren't Americans.
Iirc it didn't become illegal for American companies to hire non-residents/citizens until like the 1980s

Their businesses should not be open if they can't run them legally
This is a good example of a populist position— populism as defined by simple answers to complex questions.

And it’s a good example of why populist positions are often... shortsighted.

Who benefits from a bunch of businesses going out?

How many business were part of the story?

How many were aired?

How many were not aired?

What was the reason for some not being aired?
Cool playbook npr

Say Americans won't do these jobs because pay is too low.

Import immigrants so they can do low paying jobs.
Give citizenship to immigrants.
Raise minimum wage to the rate of which Americans would have the worked those jobs in the first place.

Profit.

They must have buried all the stories of American citizens happily busting their asses in the sun for 12 hours a day digging sweet potatoes.

I’m sure there are plenty out there, though. Why don’t you guys go track them down...

What a hero.

It's actually pretty likely he could survive if he paid people legally authorized to work here fair wages.

His daughter may have to settle for a Rav 4 though. The horror.
Yeah, he’s a real bastard, I’m sure.

What about the Patriot in Chief who regularly hires foreign workers and gets all his shit made in China?
2016-03-04-da7c71f3_large.jpg

Last edited:
The republicans do have a solution it just so happens the opposition thinks it’s a racist policy.
Common, even you are not that stupid. Or are you?

Simply telling employers they will be fined and having the fines increase for multiple offenders, and then pulling the charter of businesses who still abuse it would end this once and for all. Investors in companies would not take that risk. and this costs the gov't NOTHING to do and makes them money on the fines.

Your solution is like the war on drugs. You cannot stop the druggy from coming if you do not end the supply.

So why are republicans and their supporters so incredibly stupid about this subject when a clear and easy and profitable fix is right in front of them?

This is a good example of a populist position— populism as defined by simple answers to complex questions.

And it’s a good example of why populist positions are often... shortsighted.

Who benefits from a bunch of businesses going out?

They must have buried all the stories of American citizens happily busting their asses in the sun for 12 hours a day digging sweet potatoes.

I’m sure there are plenty out there, though. Why don’t you guys go track them down...
no one benefits.

That is why Trump's construction companies and Resorts and hotels will keep hiring a day after the spot light lowers on them.

i will keep repeating that if companies like Trump's faced increasing fines and Charter revocations for multi offenses this 'problem' would be ended. the vast, vast majority of employers would not risk that.

but the employers do not want the workers stopped and the gov't does not want to end the practice and harm businesses. So they see the compromise position as 'turn a blind eye to the arriving workers, ...and then demonize them after'.

Mike have you noticed in your life that the right wing hardline approach on issues fails on every level, every single time.

Drugs, hiring illegals, war in other countries, unions, welfare, etc etc etc. their hardline approach fails each and every time becasue it’s based off of feelings and not any type of facts.

Common, even you are not that stupid. Or are you?

Simply telling employers they will be fined and having the fines increase for multiple offenders, and then pulling the charter of businesses who still abuse it would end this once and for all. Investors in companies would not take that risk. and this costs the gov't NOTHING to do and makes them money on the fines.

Your solution is like the war on drugs. You cannot stop the druggy from coming if you do not end the supply.

So why are republicans and their supporters so incredibly stupid about this subject when a clear and easy and profitable fix is right in front of them?
Look at the whole policy on the issue of illegals, undocumented workers the wall, voter Id and tell me their hands aren’t tied behind there backs on the issue. What fix are you suggesting

Mike have you noticed in your life that the right wing hardline approach on issues fails on every level, every single time.

Drugs, hiring illegals, war in other countries, unions, welfare, etc etc etc. their hardline approach fails each and every time becasue it’s based off of feelings and not any type of facts.
Yes, but I have the same complaints against the left when it comes to issues like Homelessness, poverty, etc.

What people do not understand is that in almost every case the people at the top are NOT looking to do away with these things and thus their jobs and need. They want to manage it as an ongoing and never ending problem with ever growing budgets and more and more gov't money thrown at it.

You are a fool if you still believe the US wants to win the war on drugs, the War against terror, and this war against migrant workers, but equally so if you think those at the top want to see an end to homelessness or poverty.

Too much gov't money is flowing and no one wants solutions that turn the taps off. I mean, maybe some front line advocates do but not those at the top.

Look at the whole policy on the issue of illegals, undocumented workers the wall, voter Id and tell me their hands aren’t tied behind there backs on the issue. What fix are you suggesting
You need none of that if employers will not hire them. They will stop coming if they cannot get jobs.

Your approach is almost exactly like the war on drugs. Punish the users and the problems will end. NO. You need to take away the demand or the supply will always find a way to come.

How easy would it be for gov't to simply say to corporations 'you hire illegals and the first fine is $X. It is 3X for the second offence and 10X for the third. 4th offense and you lose your business charter and are shut down'.

Almost no business would risk it and the problem would go away. And it would not only cost the gov't nothing, it would make them money.

BUt do you know why Republicans and their supporters will never support it? They don't want this problem fixed. They want the workers as they drive profits but then when they need to scapegoat someone for US job losses those migrants serve a second useful purpose.

Even now you will do everything to dance around saying 'yes, that is the best answer' as you need to support Trump and corporate profits over any workable solution.

You need none of that if employers will not hire them. They will stop coming if they cannot get jobs.

Your approach is almost exactly like the war on drugs. Punish the users and the problems will end. NO. You need to take away the demand or the supply will always find a way to come.

How easy would it be for gov't to simply say to corporations 'you hire illegals and the first fine is $X. It is 3X for the second offence and 10X for the third. 4th offense and you lose your business charter and are shut down'.

Almost no business would risk it and the problem would go away. And it would not only cost the gov't nothing, it would make them money.

BUt do you know why Republicans and their supporters will never support it? They don't want this problem fixed. They want the workers as they drive profits but then when they need to scapegoat someone for US job losses those migrants serve a second useful purpose.

Even now you will do everything to dance around saying 'yes, that is the best answer' as you need to support Trump and corporate profits over any workable solution.
Fines are a great deterrent but they wouldn’t be needed if the main issue of illegal immigrants had been addressed decades ago. Corporations and businesses got used to the cheap labour and now they can’t live without it. I’m not against your solution.

Back