Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how people pretend a single punch isn't capable of deadly force

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.
This is absolute bullshit.

Everyone knows a punch can cause serious bodily harm..that is the entire point to hit someone with one. He knew what he was doing was at the least meant to cause a brain injury.

There have been enough one punch deaths that there is no reason to believe a punch cannot do so

Last edited:
The same reason why it bothers blacks and Africans when we get called the N-word: culture, context, and conditioning.

I don’t think they are a good comparison. I’ve seen non-whites get just as upset at being called a goof as whites. Ivê never heard it affiliated specifically with whites before now.

It’s actually kind of the opposite of the n word. It’s not an insult so much as a public declaration. It’s like being called a snitch, if you become known as a goof it’s pretty much social isolation and you become a target. Also, while the n word has an in group that is permitted to use the word and an out group who isn’t, with goof its more of a problem if it comes from the in group than the out group ie if you haven’t been to prison or are new to prison you get away with using it in the commmon spirit of the word(at least until you’re warned) around someone who would kill another career criminal over it.

The same reason why it bothers blacks and Africans when we get called the N-word: culture, context, and conditioning.

Well, yeah... but the n-word is a race-specific slur. I'd have thought everyone, regardless of race, would take exception to being called a child molester or something similar.

Off-topic, but I think relatively very few Africans care about being called the n-word. I know it doesn't bother me :D

Well, yeah... but the n-word is a race-specific slur. I'd have thought everyone, regardless of race, would take exception to being called a child molester or something similar.

Off-topic, but I think relatively very few Africans care about being called the n-word. I know it doesn't bother me :D

Aren't you a Boer dude?

Sentence seems a bit light. 20 years would be better. At least 15. There is no evidence he was called a N*****. We've seem people get more years for lesser crimes.

It describes someone as a being a child-molester or someone who hurts children, women, old women, or small things like kittens.

People who are in jail or have been to jail do not suffer that word AT ALL.

But people with jail mentality are also hyper-hyper-sensitive to that word.

I'm not kidding.
Goof wouldn't be the equivalent for white people. That's for anyone.

Cracker is the closest thing to the N-word and I'd probably slap someone for calling me that.

Fast hands or quick wit. As a youth I've punched people for calling me that word before. Stomped them. It was the eighties, and there weren't any "It gets better videos." or BLM protests. I didn't have the wit, but I sure as hell had the reach.

I was lucky I didn't accidently kill someone during those times.

Looking back now, I regret allowing those words to have power over me. I admire the quiet dignity of those who are unflappable in the face of human hyenas.
oka-1990.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x723.jpg

Even still, there seems to be a misconception certain people have that liberties with another person's dignity can be taken with impunity. That there is no consequence for making assumptions about another man's impulse control.

Now I'd never hit a woman for calling me that, but there are words, if spoken, that are generally considered an invitation to the dance. Like calling a man's wife the C-word in front of him. You can't just put people in situations and then assume each person is evolved enough handle your bile.

The equivalent Go-Word for white people I can think of is the word Goof (at least in southern Ontario although it's less effective with educated people,) it's really something you say when you want to go nuclear, and i've seen people throw down, or go at each other once the word was said. .

Really, “goof” is a hardcore slur in Canada? That’s so perfect.

correct me if im wrong but nobody expects to kill someone by punching them one time.

the guy should get an assualt charge and thats it.

the lady probably said "negro" as in the spanish word for "black"..

but still even if she did say ni**er, you shouldnt run your mouth if you cant back up your words.

too many people want to talk the talk but not walk the walk.

correct me if im wrong but nobody expects to kill someone by punching them one time.

the guy should get an assualt charge and thats it.

the lady probably said "negro" as in the spanish word for "black"..

but still even if she did say ni**er, you shouldnt run your mouth if you cant back up your words.

too many people want to talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Everyone should know one punch can kill. Hit your head on the concrete after falling unconscious? Dead.

Happens all the time.

I love how people pretend a single punch isn't capable of deadly force

This is absolute bullshit.

Everyone knows a punch can cause serious bodily harm..that is the entire point to hit someone with one. He knew what he was doing was at the least meant to cause a brain injury.

There have been enough one punch deaths that there is no reason to believe a punch cannot do so
The vast majority of people are not expecting to kill someone with one punch.

The vast majority of times a punch is thrown it is not going to be deadly, come on.

Granted it's been online but I've read a lot cases where black men use that word as justification for extreme violence against people who were not engaging them physically. It's not a get out of jail free card and it's not a direct threat by any means.

Imagine if gay dudes started assaulting people over gay slurs; which intentions are just as insidious and carry very similar historical contexts. No one would find that behavior defensible.

As far as I'm concerned ten years is a light sentence for this guy.
its not hard for sombody to just keep their mouths shut. getting violent over words is stupid but its the way the world is.

too many people want to act tough and talk tough....but one on one they usually dont....

when they get caught they get scared.
quit acting "hardcore" if you really arnt.

you gotta be a dumbass if you dont know how a black will act hearing "ni**er".

The vast majority of times a punch is thrown it is not going to be deadly, come on.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-trial-killing-rapper-punch/story?id=13724992

I agree if your assertion is that people that assault others are woefully underprepared for the very real consequences that can happen

"But officer, i only meant to cause serious bodily harm, not death, when i punched them as hard as i could"

Then the vast majority are totally uninformed. If you google one punch kills you will find a plethora of websites and news articles about the subject matter.

Everyone should know one punch can kill. Hit your head on the concrete after falling unconscious? Dead.

Happens all the time.
it very rarely happens.

i have never seen anyone die by getting punched and hitting their head on the concrete.

Aren't you a Boer dude?

I'm not a boer, but I am white, yes.
I was born and live in Africa, though and that makes me African :p

Either way, the n-word isn't a thing here. We got our racial slurs from the Arabs, so kaffir is our version of the n-word... which is a part of why saying "the n-word" feels so silly, and why Islam-centered conversations online used to weird me out.

Goof wouldn't be the equivalent for white people. That's for anyone.

Cracker is the closest thing to the N-word and I'd probably slap someone for calling me that.

I said it's the equivalent go-word for white people...No one i know uses "cracker" anymore except maybe the twitter activist crowd.

White people have plenty of ethnic specific put-downs with words like W-p, or Mi-k, or Kru-t, or fr-g.

But in the eyes of a racist a Jamaican, a Nigerian, and a indigenous Australian are all N---ers.

I should probably keep in mind that everyone has their own individual tolerances to these things, and different regions make for different variance in sensitivities about these things.

Really, “goof” is a hardcore slur in Canada? That’s so perfect.

It's prison slang for child molester. It's the worst thing you can call a guy. When I was growing up if a guy called you a goof on the streets you pretty much had to fight him. If a guy called me a goof now I would just laugh, but it's pretty crazy to think about.

I was on a jobsite once and this guy was cutting something with a quick cut saw and he wasn't wearing any personal protective equipment at all. This safety inspector showed up on the site and started giving him shit. He ended up calling the guy a goof, and the guy one-punched him to the ground and started boot-fucking the guy till we pulled him off. It was fuckin nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back