Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commute his sentence by putting him to work down at the border. Who needs the military when we have this animal.

Fast hands or quick wit. As a youth I've punched people for calling me that word before. Stomped them. It was the eighties, and there weren't any "It gets better videos." or BLM protests. I didn't have the wit, but I sure as hell had the reach.

I was lucky I didn't accidently kill someone during those times.

Looking back now, I regret allowing those words to have power over me. I admire the quiet dignity of those who are unflappable in the face of human hyenas.
oka-1990.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x723.jpg

Even still, there seems to be a misconception certain people have that liberties with another person's dignity can be taken with impunity. That there is no consequence for making assumptions about another man's impulse control.

Now I'd never hit a woman for calling me that, but there are words, if spoken, that are generally considered an invitation to the dance. Like calling a man's wife the C-word in front of him. You can't just put people in situations and then assume each person is evolved enough handle your bile.

The equivalent Go-Word for white people I can think of is the word Goof (at least in southern Ontario although it's less effective with educated people,) it's really something you say when you want to go nuclear, and i've seen people throw down, or go at each other once the word was said. .

ITT white guys don't understand how a word that means nothing to them can mean something to others.

Lol. No.
ITT people realise that it doesn't matter what a word means, it's not grounds for killing someone.

Kinda fucked up that you're so quick to cry "racism", and yet cannot fathom common human decency.

Lol. No.
ITT people realise that it doesn't matter what a word means, it's not grounds for killing someone.

Kinda fucked up that you're so quick to cry "racism", and yet cannot fathom common human decency.

Not that I condone violence in response to verbal abuse but tbf...having the wherewithall to not hurl racial epithets at strangers is also part of the "common human decency" package. Just saying...

Sounds like a case of race card playing to excuse a violent act.
Its his word alone on the fact she supposedly said the word. When the race card gets played it brings out all the SJW's to defend the offender.

10 years sounds about right. It's actually harsh compared to some sentences I've seen near me. An 18 year old near me killed a 17 year old with a baseball bat during a brawl and served 7. My friend was run over by a drunk driver in D.C. and the driver got about the same. I'm glad this guy is getting more.

10 years seems a bit harsh IMO. I seriously doubt he had any intention of killing her, plus an elevated emotional state. 1-2 years seems fair for accidentally killing someone in these circumstances but 10? Jesus, that's to much.

Have you ever tried looking this up?
I did, though I will not claim I am an expert on the subject. Still, the word should be either bad or ok, otherwise it's hypocrisy.
Or shall we call cunt not a swear word if spoken by a woman, because she, you know, has one?

Black people are so damn emotional. It's because so many of us were raised by our mamas.

One woman dead who was drunk and out of control, who we know nothing about.

One man likely going to jail for 10 years.

Dozens of lives shattered with the loss. I'd say society lost.

Poorly worded comment on how these two don't seem like the most productive members of society.

But I do agree with what you said too.

Not that I condone violence in response to verbal abuse but tbf...having the wherewithall to not hurl racial epithets at strangers is also part of the "common human decency" package. Just saying...

I know you're "just saying" but this really could have gone without saying.
The poster was criticising other posters, I criticised him.
Neither of us hurled racial epithets.
I don't think there's all that many people who aren't aware that verbal abuse lacks decency.

Communication is easier if you respond to conversations with statements that are actually relevant to those conversations.
Just saying.

The equivalent Go-Word for white people I can think of is the word Goof (at least in southern Ontario although it's less effective with educated people,) it's really something you say when you want to go nuclear, and i've seen people throw down, or go at each other once the word was said. .

Goof? Seriously?
What's the story behind this? Do you know?

I did, though I will not claim I am an expert on the subject. Still, the word should be either bad or ok, otherwise it's hypocrisy.
Or shall we call cunt not a swear word if spoken by a woman, because she, you know, has one?
That's not why black people don't like white people calling them an n-word. I'm not saying I think it's a good idea for them to be calling each other that, but there's a different connotation. They call each other that as a form of reappropriation of the word, and not as a racial slur to degrade.

There's some sociology behind this but I'm too hurried right now.

Goof? Seriously?
What's the story behind this? Do you know?

It describes someone as a being a child-molester or someone who hurts children, women, old women, or small things like kittens.

People who are in jail or have been to jail do not suffer that word AT ALL.

But people with jail mentality are also hyper-hyper-sensitive to that word.

I'm not kidding.

That's not why black people don't like white people calling them an n-word. I'm not saying I think it's a good idea for them to be calling each other that, but there's a different connotation. They call each other that as a form of reappropriation of the word, and not as a racial slur to degrade.

There's some sociology behind this but I'm too hurried right now.

I think it's the idea that marginalized groups reclaim the words of their oppression and repurpose them to rationalize and disempower the negative connotations of those words.

I've heard gay people do it, and hispanics.

A variation of this example is when jazz musicians started call each other "man" as a reaction to being called "boy"

It describes someone as a being a child-molester or someone who hurts children, women, old women, or small things like kittens.

People who are in jail or have been to jail do not suffer that word AT ALL.

But people with jail mentality are also hyper-hyper-sensitive to that word.

I'm not kidding.

Good to know. I hear "goof" and I think... well:

goofy-word-search-420x420.jpg

Why does it only bother whites though?

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.

Lmao.

<pretend to be victim
<argue that words dismiss you as sub human trash
<pretend someone uses mean word and then undeniably behave like sub human trash and murder someone
<wait for stupid lemming to argue you aren't sub human trash

Good to know. I hear "goof" and I think... well:

goofy-word-search-420x420.jpg

Why does it only bother whites though?

The same reason why it bothers blacks and Africans when we get called the N-word: culture, context, and conditioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back