Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the vast majority are totally uninformed. If you google one punch kills you will find a plethora of websites and news articles about the subject matter.
Compare the instances of the times one punch have been deadly to the times they haven't been, it's rare.

its not hard for sombody to just keep their mouths shut. getting violent over words is stupid but its the way the world is.

too many people want to act tough and talk tough....but one on one they usually dont....

when they get caught they get scared.
quit acting "hardcore" if you really arnt.

you gotta be a dumbass if you dont know how a black will act hearing "ni**er".

It’s also not hard to act like a grown up and shrug off an insult.

10 years is a bit of a joke. 20+ imo.

Imagine getting so rattled over a word though.

I'm not a boer, but I am white, yes.
I was born and live in Africa, though and that makes me African :p

Fascinating.

One of my best friends is a white dude with irish parents who was born in South Africa before coming to Canada.

Whenever he gets drunk he takes great pleasure in informing me that he's white and is STILL more African than I am, seeing as how I was born in Canada.

I guess I'm kinda conditioned by assumptions.

Man, shitty situation all around. Tempers, loads of alcohol, race getting involved, and dramatically poor decision making skills is a hell of a combination

10 years for this seems about right. Wasn't premeditated or even intended, but a big dude punching a drunk woman over a word is something that deserves more than a slap on the wrist when it results in a fatality

Glad prosecution didn't over charge and risk letting him walk free

He punched. She died. He's going to prison.

What's the debate here?

But they can imprison you for "words alone". How hypocritical.

Compare the instances of the times one punch have been deadly compared to the times they haven't been, it's rare.

It’s frequent enough that it shouldn’t be a surprise. If you punch someone, anything can happen, but the intent is always injury and death is reasonably possible.

He punched. She died. He's going to prison.

What's the debate here?

I know right? I can't tell if I'm supposed to be outraged he only got 10 years, or outraged he was still found guilty since she called him an N word and he didn't actually mean to kill her

It’s also not hard to act like a grown up and shrug off an insult.
its easier to not start a fight than being encouraged to engage in one.

when you are outside....mind your business...dont get out the way to say negative things or stare people down
when you do that you are inviting potential danger.

people want to have an opinion but get mad when they encounter disagreement...sometimes you cant tell how much someone will disagree....

just mind your business. keep that shit at home. common sense.
im not saying this because i want it to be this way...its because it is that way.

It’s frequent enough that it shouldn’t be a surprise. If you punch someone, anything can happen, but the intent is always injury and death is reasonably possible.
Ok, it's still rare and so the intent will likely rarely be to cause death.

Wtf kind of racist comment is that? Its just a normal picture of an African American. Please point out what in that picture points to him "looking like a guy that doesn't make great decisions?"

So mad.

I doubt she actually called him that. Its possible but unlikely not that it should matter one iota. Far more likely he just came up with that as an excuse after the fact than she had such little regard for her own safety to say that to his face,

This.

I trust a Benitez over that dude in the opening post for sure.

Can't even believe there's so many that actually think this isn't a dude using it as an excuse to get a lighter sentence.

10 years seems a bit harsh IMO. I seriously doubt he had any intention of killing her, plus an elevated emotional state. 1-2 years seems fair for accidentally killing someone in these circumstances but 10? Jesus, that's to much.

He was "unarmed," too ! Clearly another case of the racist justice system profiting off another black's unfair incarceration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back