Will we ever see another Anderson Silva?

No one is going to go on a win streak while showboating like the spider ever.

Anderson Silva has to be the GOAT. No constant eye pokes, in a tough division, knocking people out, doing it in a way nobody has ever seen before or since.

As much as I like Weidman, what Silva did in the Octogon was almost magical.

Who can compare to him today? Will we ever see such dominance in a high weight division again?

TUF NOOB lmao

Andy is the most skilled fighter I've seen, he was doing things ten years ago people are doing now. Anderson was an incredibly fast learner, he always brought a new technique to the cage. When he was at his best there was no one better imo, he has lost some fights in his late 30's and early 40's and now idiots wanna talk crap it's pathetic. Dad bod Andy in his 40's can still make a top ten MW fighter look silly it's incredible.

He's a cheater. Period

He discredited himself

ok. I feel UFC was a better org for him, I dont believe he would have had the same potential "GOAT" carreer in Pride, u couldnt "protect" ur carreer there.
His submission game was still developing in pride. He would have the same success in pride or anywhere else in the world! Losing a couple of fights in pride doesn't take away from his greatness. He lost and learned from those losses to come back and wow all of us in the UFC. Just watch his fights in the UFC and you will realize that no other fighter come even close. Anderson is the best ever, no question about it

the competition in mma was shit back then. still is very low but better than it used to be. andersons striking wasnt anything special he was just fighting bums.

Matrix Silva can't be replicated

Anderson Silva has to be the GOAT. No constant eye pokes, in a tough division, knocking people out, doing it in a way nobody has ever seen before or since.

Who can compare to him today? Will we ever see such dominance in a high weight division again?

Forget PEDs users. We got McGoat.

Conor McGregor is a better counter striker, which was always Silva's main game, so yes? And Conor is infinitely better offensively. Silva will always have more title defenses since he was willing to defend and because he fought in a much less talented division than today's FW and LW.

Conor is getting there and he's actually competing under USADA.

Fedor.

I would be surprised if no one becomes the next Silva, after seeing how many fighters do have amazing skills.

I thought Pettis was going to be it.

Even had a tiny glimmer of hope after first learning about MVP.

No one is going to go on a win streak while showboating like the spider ever.

Yeah it's going to be hard to top this:

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

Back