Will we ever see another Anderson Silva?

His submission game was still developing in pride. He would have the same success in pride or anywhere else in the world! Losing a couple of fights in pride doesn't take away from his greatness. He lost and learned from those losses to come back and wow all of us in the UFC. Just watch his fights in the UFC and you will realize that no other fighter come even close. Anderson is the best ever, no question about it
Nah, his submission game was already the same in Pride, good but not great.

Pride didnt even protect his main stars, see Saku.

Nah, his submission game was already the same in Pride, good but not great.

Pride didnt even protect his main stars, see Saku.
It clearly was not the same...just admit that you're not a Anderson fan...instead of discrediting him every chance you get

I actually like him, this type of argument is stupid.
No throwing that "I actually like him" card is stupid...when it's obvious you don't when you're trying to discredit him...at least if you were honest I would respect you

No throwing that "I actually like him" card is stupid...when it's obvious you don't when you're trying to discredit him...at least if you were honest I would respect you
ok then I absolutely hate him.

Yeah he could have been in his prime when it came to his age, but he got better on the ground when it came to submission defense and offense in the ufc

Contrary to what some people believe, he was already pretty good on the ground when he was in Pride. He had already held his own vs. high level bjj fighter Hayato Sakurai.

Against Takase and Chonan he got subbed by two very unexpected subs; a flying scissor heel hook and a triangle choke after a sweep. So it's hard to tell how much he really improved his sub defense. Also Unified Rules 5 minute rounds helped him not to lose fights on the ground. In Pride he was subbed by Takase at 8 minutes into the 1st round (Pride had 10 minute 1st rounds). That's something that wouldn't have happened in the UFC, due to shorter rounds. So, again, hard to tell due to different scenarios.

Cheers.

Vitor admitted to being on trt when he fought Anderson..so how was he not trt Vitor?

Incorrect:

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, stated that Vitor Belfort did not use TRT in his fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 126. He also showed Vitor's pre-fight medical questionnaire, in which he indicates he wasn't on any medication.

trt1.jpg

http://nagradedomma.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2013/05/24/cabmma-explica-processo-de-liberacao-de-uso-de-trt-de-belfort-no-brasil/

Post fight drug tests came back clean, confirming Vitor wasn't on TRT:

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/14/1993167/ufc-126-drug-test-results-come-back-clean-for-silva-vs-belfort-on-feb

Vitor himself says he started taking TRT after the fight with Anderson:

Q: When did you start with the (TRT) treatment exactly?
Vitor: It was after the fight with Anderson (february 2011)

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/belfort-espera-de-spider-x-weidman-tentaram-tudo-para-me-tirar-e-liquidei.HTML

The ONLY source that claims Vitor was on TRT during his fight with Anderson is an article in which the writer assumes that Vitor was using it because he said in an interview that he had been taking it for “3 years” and since Vitor’s fight with Silva happened almost 3 years before that interview, the writer simply assumed he was already on TRT.

Here’s the misleading article:

However, Belfort revealed in an interview to UOL that he was already on the testosterone replacement therapy when he fought Silva, back in 2011.

"Ive (been doing this) for three years," Belfort said. "I did some exams and they saw I had low testosterone levels. The doctor said “Vitor, we need to do something. I don’t know if you agree with this, but it’;s important that you do it.”; And it was done.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...ould-accept-to-stop-trt-for-shot-at-the-title

Note that there’s no direct quote from Vitor saying he was on TRT, it was just the writer assuming that. As shown above, Vitor himself has clarified he was not on TRT at the time and so has the NSAC director. Most Anderson Silva fans who claim Vitor was on TRT will post this article, either by ignorance or dishonesty.

Picture comparison of TRT Vitor with pre TRT Vitor:

hqdefault.jpg

05_belforttrt_original.jpg

972e4f5a07556058a56bf6f087846bd5_original.jpg

Bottom line:

As proven by several reliable sources Vitor was not on TRT when he fought Anderson Silva. Fanboys might claim Vitor was still on roids but the same can be said about Anderson, who is also a proven steroid user. Not only Vitor was not on TRT, but he was also coming off 16 months of inactivity and a shoulder surgery, which means he was rusty and his momentum was gone.

Anderson might have fought one of the worst versions of Vitor, pre TRT.

Anyone who is a fan of sports would tell you that the "we will never see another..." statement is fairly irrational.

Given enough time, there is always another guy down the road...

Anderson might have fought one of the worst versions of Vitor, pre TRT.
Even with all of your stats and facts, you are so full of shit...okay maybe he didn't fight trt Vitor, but it still doesn't make YOUR claim right. Your claims that "No he was in his prime when he was submitted by Chonan."...You must really hate Anderson, because whenever people like to speak positive on him you're always on here working hard to discredit him....And you're actually trying to make it seem like his win over Vitor wasn't a great win....and I guess his win over Hendo doesn't mean shit either huh?
It doesn't mean shit because YOU say so, right?

Even with all of your stats and facts, you are so full of shit...okay maybe he didn't fight trt Vitor, but it still doesn't make YOUR claim right. Your claims that "No he was in his prime when he was submitted by Chonan."...You must really hate Anderson, because whenever people like to speak positive on him you're always on here working hard to discredit him....And you're actually trying to make it seem like his win over Vitor wasn't a great win....and I guess his win over Hendo doesn't mean shit either huh?

So now you're angry because I proved you wrong with facts.

Typical Silva fanboy behavior.

So now you're angry because I proved you wrong with facts.

Typical Silva fanboy behavior.
"He may have faced the weakest Vitor ever."...not a fact, and typical hater behavior right there....I'd rather be a fanboy to a respectable martial artist, than a constant hater of one....
But keep mixing facts with your fiction...I'm sure it helps you win over arguements all the time on sherdog

"You must really hate Anderson"

U´re really starting 2 sound ridiculous, dude.

Cant u discuss without being emotional?

"He may have faced the weakest Vitor ever."...not a fact, and typical hater behavior right there....I'd rather be a fanboy to a respectable martial artist, than a constant hater of one....
But keep mixing facts with your fiction...I'm sure it helps you win over arguements all the time on sherdog

That's based on the fact that he was coming off a long layoff and surgery.

So basicly I'm posting facts and opinions based on facts.

Stay salty.

Stay salty.
I'm not salty at all...I just wonder what makes you haters tick is all

Stay salty.
Belfort was coming off of a long layoff and was 100% guaranteed to be off of TRT against Weidman so how was it the worst Belfort ever lol

"You must really hate Anderson"

U´re really starting 2 sound ridiculous, dude.

Cant u discuss without being emotional?
Sure I can...it's kind of hard to be logical when dealing with haters though...they'll just keep on trolling just to discredit anything or anyone

Sure I can...it's kind of hard to be logical when dealing with haters though...they'll just keep on trolling just to discredit anything or anyone

Instead of spittin´ur poor BS, go watch his Mecca/Shooto/Pride fights..

U clearly only watched his UFC fights.

Back