why is western culture becoming so shameless?

Ive felt this for a lot longer than ive known it. There is something that i think we we can all feel amiss in society today but i think most are afraid to admit it. Its that we are becoming hedonists to the point of self sabotage.

Where as in the past i think there was an inherent desire of the western man and woman to improve society and his/her surroundings, today's individual seems to be all about self satisfaction. Its spread to many things to the point of turning them into parodies of themselves such as feminism and social justice.

I think today's culture even celebrates its shamelessness. Take for example a woman being slutty. In basically any society that has its head on straight, this would be a vice and reprehensible. Yet in an almost orwellian way, the notion of shaming someone for this behavior is considered reprehensible. I.e. 'slut shaming'. Moreover a woman devoting herself to motherhood is considered weak, submissive and out of date.

This isn't just women either. Men have also become shameless hedonists. In response to the new womyn, They are no longer interested in getting married and raising a family but 'going their own way' (mgtow) and devoting themselves to self indulgent behavior and labelling it 'alpha' to make themselves feel better about their self indulgence. The extremists even indoctrinate themselves to believe that women are inherently like this.

This hit me really hard the other day. Weirdest day ever. I was out with friends and taking a break from the party, we went to a nearby convenience store. A lot of people seemed to have had the same idea from the party so when we got inside, it was filled with drunks and half naked drunk bitches. The clerk starts mouthing off in mandarin and my chinese friend starts laughing at everything the guys saying. He translates for us: "stupid fucking lunatics with no class. their dumb slut whores who will raise other pieces of shit and more whores."

Later on when we sat down to eat, we had a convo about trans genders and i mentioned them about a guy who abandoned his wife and kids because he identified as a 6 year old girl and got adopted by another family. My closest friends were just shocked at the story but these other dudes and girls from the party listening basically all concluded it was OK because it was his body and it had no effect on them. The guy's hedonism was all that mattered.

The entire ethos for right and wrong seems to have become 'do what thou wilt, so long as it doesnt stop me from doing what i want to do'. Basically if a dude has consensual incest sex, these people will shrug and say: as long as they wore a condom, good for them.

i dont know. Maybe someone can explain this elephant in the room better.

TLDR: we are becoming decadent
Sheltered children. We are fucking doomed.

I dont think things are valued on whether or not they solve every problem especially when those things would condemn those acts.

Did they? usually these values were used as a excuse to take from your neighbour.

of course it is. but society exists to do that in a controlled manner. when the lizard part of the brain begins to control the higher mind, vices get out of control.

There is the ideal and there is reality. You can strive towards the ideal while acknowledging that it is unobtainable. We were deffnently closer to the ideal a few generations ago than we are now, I will agree with that.

Society is forever ruined is the most first world problems whine threads in Sherdog.

Sure society was far much better 100 years ago with the constant wars and lack of freedoms.
You don't love authoritarianism, poverty, and child abuse?

Lol I'll ease up on the wall of text and "I don't give a shit" lameness when you ease up being a whiny little bitch about the end times of society just because you saw some drunk chics whose clothing you didn't find attarctive and because you talked to some retarded SJWs and concluded that must be how the rest of society thinks.

Yup, first world problems for sure. Get out of the basement once in a while mate. There are a lot of more serious shit to whine and moan about.

Again an extension of the 'i dont give a shit and if you do its because youre a bitch rawwwwr'

Here is the thing. not giving a shit isnt what reasonable people use to determine right and wrong

There is the ideal and there is reality. You can strive towards the ideal while acknowledging that it is unobtainable. We were deffnently closer to the ideal a few generations ago than we are now, I will agree with that.

I think i can agree as well but id say that certain ideals are strived harder towards in certain generations and there is room for improvement in all generations.

Who cares if women are slutty? That means we as men get more sex. Sexually liberated women also means more chances of MFF threesome (women tend to have more bi-sexual tendencies). So WTH are you complaining about? Don't ruin it for the rest of us. A liberated society benefits men the most.
When you're 15 no longer you end up thinking about the qualities you want from a wife and the mother of your children. Being an easy lay for any man isn't one of them.

The cycle

Bondage
Spiritual Faith
Courage
Liberty
Abundance
Selfishness
Complacency
Apathy - where we are at
Dependence
Then starting over with Bondage

Because the liberal media wants to destroy the moral fabric of the nation... how can you blame western culture on anything but the left lol.

I blame the hippies.

e56f526ceb4c1734c2de3279959abf0c.jpg
I want to know how chicks that young and thin still manage to look terrible. That's the real question here.

Ive felt this for a lot longer than ive known it. There is something that i think we we can all feel amiss in society today but i think most are afraid to admit it. Its that we are becoming hedonists to the point of self sabotage.

Where as in the past i think there was an inherent desire of the western man and woman to improve society and his/her surroundings, today's individual seems to be all about self satisfaction. Its spread to many things to the point of turning them into parodies of themselves such as feminism and social justice.

I think today's culture even celebrates its shamelessness. Take for example a woman being slutty. In basically any society that has its head on straight, this would be a vice and reprehensible. Yet in an almost orwellian way, the notion of shaming someone for this behavior is considered reprehensible. I.e. 'slut shaming'. Moreover a woman devoting herself to motherhood is considered weak, submissive and out of date.

This isn't just women either. Men have also become shameless hedonists. In response to the new womyn, They are no longer interested in getting married and raising a family but 'going their own way' (mgtow) and devoting themselves to self indulgent behavior and labelling it 'alpha' to make themselves feel better about their self indulgence. The extremists even indoctrinate themselves to believe that women are inherently like this.

This hit me really hard the other day. Weirdest day ever. I was out with friends and taking a break from the party, we went to a nearby convenience store. A lot of people seemed to have had the same idea from the party so when we got inside, it was filled with drunks and half naked drunk bitches. The clerk starts mouthing off in mandarin and my chinese friend starts laughing at everything the guys saying. He translates for us: "stupid fucking lunatics with no class. their dumb slut whores who will raise other pieces of shit and more whores."

Later on when we sat down to eat, we had a convo about trans genders and i mentioned them about a guy who abandoned his wife and kids because he identified as a 6 year old girl and got adopted by another family. My closest friends were just shocked at the story but these other dudes and girls from the party listening basically all concluded it was OK because it was his body and it had no effect on them. The guy's hedonism was all that mattered.

The entire ethos for right and wrong seems to have become 'do what thou wilt, so long as it doesnt stop me from doing what i want to do'. Basically if a dude has consensual incest sex, these people will shrug and say: as long as they wore a condom, good for them.

i dont know. Maybe someone can explain this elephant in the room better.

TLDR: we are becoming decadent
Get out more bro. Yer creeping me the fuck out.

Back