How do we add more shame to our culture?

People should have to wear their STDs like a scarlet letter(s).

Mr. Clean Dick over here and I'm trying to keep it that way.

People tend to behave better in cultures where shaming is an effective deterrent.

For example, I saw a video from China where this crosswalk has a camera and a screen, and if you walk at the wrong time then it shows your face on the screen to shame you.

I'm in the US and that would never work here. Too many people just have this belief like, "I don't care. I do what I want." And they have no shame.

Shame works in all other kinds of aspects too. If you're a lazy man that won't get a job, to provide for your family, shame. If you cheat on your spouse, shame. If you shoplift, shame. If you drive drunk, shame.

The shame from society is often a greater deterrent than any legal consequence. And the end result is you have fewer people acting like selfish assholes.

So how do we add more shame to society?

Keep calling them racist until they can be controlled.

Sir, this is 2023. This aint the 90's early 2000's nor anytime preceding it (i was born in 91).
The toothpaste can't go back in the tube.

Shun people for their pathetic Likes count, I see several candidates in this particular thread already

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

giphy.webp
I thought my ratio was decent but damnit, I just got cyber bullied

1.) Employ massive surveillance throughout the country to ensure no #Shameful act was been unnoticeable

2.) Return to days of corporal punishment in education sphere. Scientifically, #Shame can take root after pain subsides from the body and return to normal submissive state was occur.

3.) Ensure habitual offenders are transported to manual labor district for cultural rehabilitation and continuing education programs. 24/7 televised for ensure #BigShame

4.) Massage parlor must have lobby with open glass window so all entrants are #ShameAttack by passerby

5.) Reward individual who report shameful act and inform public handsomely with "Citizen Rewards Points", which allow access to #Exclusive areas and society perks, as well as special savings coupon.

6.) Welfare limit to 12mos "ok you was fine but you look for work ok?" level, then after that is shame. Everyone in town they will laugh and call him/her/them/etc. poor and worthless until they was become change their life's path of theirs.

7.) Public shame session for Alcoholic and #SexualDeviancy until rehabilitation was undoubtfully #Success

8.) Everyone must adopt religious phrase and must be greet with this to ensure religious freedom and adoption of non-shameful life path (whatever organize belief society that was been). If incorrect phrase was been use, such as #injesushisname to Islam follower you was been scheduled for #PublicShame date

9.)

Ensure improper (and therefore shameful) #Indoctrination was not occur

10.) Ensure that records are keep of all shameful act perform, whether detect through civilians report or facial recognize machine learn from surveillance system. Reward point deducted each month to ensure proper society incentive

Last edited:
I was thinking all those people who get on TV and spew out the most retarded bullshit should eternally have a chyron (how you spell that?) that says "proven habitual bullshitter" next to their name and image. They bullshit as if a magic spell protects them.

People tend to behave better in cultures where shaming is an effective deterrent.

For example, I saw a video from China where this crosswalk has a camera and a screen, and if you walk at the wrong time then it shows your face on the screen to shame you.

I'm in the US and that would never work here. Too many people just have this belief like, "I don't care. I do what I want." And they have no shame.

Shame works in all other kinds of aspects too. If you're a lazy man that won't get a job, to provide for your family, shame. If you cheat on your spouse, shame. If you shoplift, shame. If you drive drunk, shame.

The shame from society is often a greater deterrent than any legal consequence. And the end result is you have fewer people acting like selfish assholes.

So how do we add more shame to society?
i know what you're talking about and I don't know if shame or anything else is the answer but I'm really tired of it at this point in my life. My personal answer is to withdraw.

America is built on celebrating the shameless.

You need to accept the monarchy back and pay your taxes as God intended, then we can work on you celebrating your betters.
it's a country of contradictions, people are extremely judgemental, whether it's neighbors or employers.

Shame based morality tends to be weak IMHO, people basically behave a certain way for fear of getting caught but when they think they can get away with something.....

Really the "golden age" conservatives like to remember is just a time were things like sexual abuse were hushed up more, move on the priest to the next church and don't cause a fuss.

I'm not sure you understand what shame means.

Shame is how one views themselves, it's internal.... to "shame" someone is to make them and others aware that they aren't living up to the expectations of society.

Put it in parent-child terms... punishment is when a kid is grounded, "shame" is when a parent tell a kid that they disappointed them.

Community. I don't care what strangers who I do not know, and who do not pay me, think. But I go to church. At church, because I need these people to help raise my kid, I do not talk to people like I'm on Sherdog.

If I am at the park, and some idiot tells me about Biden, I'll say something like "Biden is human trash and he should be dragged into an international war crime trial with Obama and Trump." Then let the chips fall.

I'm at church, and someone says, Biden this and that, I nod along or say something measured.

People that I am totally disenfranchised from have no effect on my behavior. They are barely even people to me.

This is the growing attitude of people in general, and the default in a big city. That’s why we have stuff like social services and volunteer Org for individuals and families. The average person doesn’t care or doesn’t have the time/effort to care about a cause unrelated to them (or their values…like animal rescue).

Community. I don't care what strangers who I do not know, and who do not pay me, think. But I go to church. At church, because I need these people to help raise my kid, I do not talk to people like I'm on Sherdog.

If I am at the park, and some idiot tells me about Biden, I'll say something like "Biden is human trash and he should be dragged into an international war crime trial with Obama and Trump." Then let the chips fall.

I'm at church, and someone says, Biden this and that, I nod along or say something measured.

People that I am totally disenfranchised from have no effect on my behavior. They are barely even people to me.

I was thinking last night about how fucked up my church people were growing up, gossipy, petty, judgemental, nitpicky. I remember the pastors wife telling me to dress in my best clothes and she said something really negative about how my parents didn't do much in that regard. I told my parents and they got mad, marched to K-mart and bought the best K-mart shit they could. As soon as this bitch saw K-marts finest she said, "you look nice, where'd you get that, K-mart?" And these are the types of people who are supposed to be helping motherfuckers get closer to god?

I'm not sure you understand what shame means.

Shame is how one views themselves, it's internal.... to "shame" someone is to make them and others aware that they aren't living up to the expectations of society.

Put it in parent-child terms... punishment is when a kid is grounded, "shame" is when a parent tell a kid that they disappointed them.
my Japanese mentor used the "I'm so dissapointed in you" on his son to great effect. Believe me, the shit was effective the way he did it. Not that his piece of shit son ever changed, he didn't. But he was in his head and manipulative. How do I know? They both did the same shit to me....It was a learning thing though, we all do to and treat others how we were done and treated.

People should have to wear their STDs like a scarlet letter(s).

Mr. Clean Dick over here and I'm trying to keep it that way.
i think they say like 80 percent of us have some sort of hpv, maybe the dick is clean but most of us have some bugs of some kind. You can't be around as many people as we are today and not pick up something sometimes.

I was thinking last night about how fucked up my church people were growing up, gossipy, petty, judgemental, nitpicky. I remember the pastors wife telling me to dress in my best clothes and she said something really negative about how my parents didn't do much in that regard. I told my parents and they got mad, marched to K-mart and bought the best K-mart shit they could. As soon as this bitch saw K-marts finest she said, "you look nice, where'd you get that, K-mart?" And these are the types of people who are supposed to be helping motherfuckers get closer to god?

Brah that's the best of the best

It all starts with people having enough dignity. Right now, the way income distribution has been so incredibly skewed, that’s a hard thing for people to have when so many of them are scraping to get by. Especially when we live in a society that worships wealthy people as if they are inherently better because they have money.

America is built on celebrating the shameless.

You need to accept the monarchy back and pay your taxes as God intended, then we can work on you celebrating your betters.

The opposite, its a country founded by religious zealots who wanted to build an ultra conservative society based on extreme conformity.

Back