How do we add more shame to our culture?

- The matchs are better today.
I haven’t watched a live event since Hogan vs The Rock at Wrestlemania, but lately I’ve been trying to see what I’ve been missing. Any good matches/events you would recommend?

People tend to behave better in cultures where shaming is an effective deterrent.

For example, I saw a video from China where this crosswalk has a camera and a screen, and if you walk at the wrong time then it shows your face on the screen to shame you.

I'm in the US and that would never work here. Too many people just have this belief like, "I don't care. I do what I want." And they have no shame.

Shame works in all other kinds of aspects too. If you're a lazy man that won't get a job, to provide for your family, shame. If you cheat on your spouse, shame. If you shoplift, shame. If you drive drunk, shame.

The shame from society is often a greater deterrent than any legal consequence. And the end result is you have fewer people acting like selfish assholes.

So how do we add more shame to society?

You don't need shame, you need faith.

Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalms 25.

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
Psalms 71.

Turn the Cart Narcs into a branch of the federal government.

You can't force people to feel shame if they don't give a shit about others in the first place.

I haven’t watched a live event since Hogan vs The Rock at Wrestlemania, but lately I’ve been trying to see what I’ve been missing. Any good matches/events you would recommend?

- Mike Bailey vs Will Ospreay
Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura
AJ Stylles any match
Seth Rollins vs Drew Mcyntire

Your description of "shame" sounds a lot like cancel culture

Back