Why is GSP willing to fight a 230lb man in Bisping but not 230lb Anderson because "he's too big"?

How many fighters would have even carried on, let alone win after that? Respect, one tough muthafucka..!!!!

The time he got to recover after the third round was also quite long....and completely Silva's fault. Silva should have jumped onto the guy after the knee, he'd get the stoppage. Even the ref said that.

Gsp does not need money lmao
So he came out of retirement for what then?

When he loses to Bisping, I'll come back to this thread.

He said he retired to avoid damage.

Now he returns to fight at 185 and not 170/
Reason
So he gets a title shot, when he loses, still has the opportunity to get an instant title shot at 170
You do that for $

Not saying he is broke, but he does want the money. Reason why he is fighting Bisping.
Reason why he returned to the ufc who treated him like shit post Hendricks.

GSP wouldn't fight 230 pound Anderson because "he's too big" but now is willing to fight 230 pound Bisping because "it's about skills". So which one is it?

Thoughts?
Probably because USADA is now in place.

So he came out of retirement for what then?

When he loses to Bisping, I'll come back to this thread.

He said he retired to avoid damage.

Now he returns to fight at 185 and not 170/
Reason
So he gets a title shot, when he loses, still has the opportunity to get an instant title shot at 170
You do that for $

Not saying he is broke, but he does want the money. Reason why he is fighting Bisping.
Reason why he returned to the ufc who treated him like shit post Hendricks.

images

giphy.gif

I'm going to go ahead and save this thread.

giphy.gif

I'm going to go ahead and save this thread.

;lkajdf;lakjf;laskdfjl;kajsdfl;haksdf;lakj
asl;dkfjas;lfdjadsl;dfajk
;lakjdsf;aljkfd;alfjkd

ajdsjdajdsaj

(just had a stroke as all the blood left my brain)

YAFF1gMG

Past prime 40 year old Silva did this to Bisping...

Did what.. yeah.. lost to Bisping. Just 1 year off PEDs so the effects were freshly lingering. I get it Anderson hits hard.. yet he still lost to Bisping.. in a striking match.

Analyze that "MMA Analyst"

;lkajdf;lakjf;laskdfjl;kajsdfl;haksdf;lakj
asl;dkfjas;lfdjadsl;dfajk
;lakjdsf;aljkfd;alfjkd

ajdsjdajdsaj

(just had a stroke as all the blood left my brain)
I had a stroke as the blood left my head and went to my braaiiiiiiiinnnnn, uhhhhhh!!!!

"Fucked up Silva" in a razor thin decision in which his face was a bloody mess lol

If you want to see someone get "fucked up", go watch Jones/Shogun or OSP/Shogun.

razor thin decision? wow what a joke.

and already seen those fights, thanks!

Because back when Anderson was champion, he'd finish GSP silly. Against Bisping, GSP thinks he has a chance. He'll be KOd anyways.

I dont know. Gsps takedowns and ground game was better than chaels and he was a more competent striker. Chael needed to fight silva more than gsp.

Everyone knows Bisping isn't the best middleweight, he's arguably not even in the top 3. If the top 10 all fought each other in a simulation, no one believes Bisping would win the most fights out of his peer group.

So you get the chance to have a 1) money fight PPV with the 2) softest target history will allow.

Bisping routinely lost against elite fighters, so he was never able to earn a title shot. He tripped and fell into one and made the most of it, and here we are.

I don't agree with the UFC's YOLO entertainment booking methodology, but you can't dispute why its so attractive for Georges.

I don't think it is rocket science... GSP was willing to give up size against Bisping, but not Anderson... really, is this a revelation? During his prime, Anderson Silva was a very big MW, with other wordly skills... Contemporary Michael Bisping is a tough SOB, but I don't think anyone is going to suggest that his skillset is on par with Prime-Anderson...

In GSP's estimation, he is making a calculated decision... which is consistent on how he has conducted himself through out his career.. like it or not...

You sure are persistent. What happened to your other thread about pretty much the same thing?
Maybe, just maybe, it has to do with him coming out of retirement for this fight and he does not see an issue with bulking up a bit for fights of interest and when he was proposed the Anderson fight he did not want to mess around with weight classes being that he was a champion defending a belt at the time. People who are smart with their careers do not listen to the shit advise of beer guzzling fans. They stay focused on a goal, that is why they are millionaires and famous.

Of course that is pure speculation just like what you are doing. I have never spoken with GSP about it personally and would probably not choose to ask him about it if I met him. Why don't you cut it out with the complaining about it already. You can draw on all the other haters to agree and make you feel cool but the reality is that GSP gives zero shits about your opinion and will make piles of money off this fight.

I understand that people complained about his protected fight style later in his career but I don't get all the hate. The guy is not a trash talking douche who claims to be the greatest thing ever or gets caught cheating and has a shitty track record in his personal life. Wait, I think I just answered my own question. In the mma of today those things are admired, never mind me.

I agree that the Bisping of today is a far easier fight than the Anderson back then. Things were also different back then, but you won't want to hear that.

Because GSP said Anderson fought at 170 past the age of 25, and body structures don't naturally grow bigger past that age... (not naturally).

Turns out GSP was right. Nick Diaz took that fight instead, and he ended up having to take a beating from a Roided Anderson Silva... which is pretty fucked up considering Nick is a WW already moving up a weight class... and he has to fight a bigger guy on steroids.

Its pretty unfortunate.

I don't know why you guys mentally block out the fact that Anderson's a steroid-cheat.

Back