Why do you all hate Stipe Miocic?

I've always rooted for Stipe. The UFC clearly hated him as champion because he just did his job without the hype. The Francis fight was an obvious tactic to get him out of there with the hype they gave him. Even resorted to DC moving up after "losing" to Jon and bumping Ozdemir up when it didn't look like anyone at HW could beat him.

The little promotion they gave him of him being able to break HW title defense record meant nothing considering he couldn't even get a god damn rematch, giving a man the title fight who said he wasn't ready for DC two months before his fight.

He tapped. Reem the rightful champ.

Because he became the champ. If that doesn’t explain why a fighter is hated, you aren’t very familiar with MMA fanbase

I don’t dislike Stipe, but he doesn’t excite me as a fighter. He had his shot to prove he was the best, but he failed so time to move on.

What? So once you eventually lose, that just erases all those times when you proved to be the current best?

He's kind of bland. Really solid fighter all around but he doesn't have a good gimmick or is very good on the Mic. Hopefully he can reinvent himself to become a fan favorite or go full heel.

Be
He is a solid guy, a firefighter, the exact opposite of a diva and tries to go for the finish.

Ever since DC eyepoked him into a KO the haters have been present.

Why the hate?

Because he doesn't have a beautiful face, physique and voice. With a different image he would have been extremely popular.

Yep, it's sad.

Personnally, I think he is overrated. He's got good wins, but he is not dominant in most of them. He was almost done against Overeem, he coasted for 20 minutes against Ngannou (while dominant, he wasn't really doing much) and Werdum came overexcited and got caught (Not saying it was a fluke, but it was still a short fight where nothing got proved)
I think he is kinda overrated and some of his best wins are underwhelming

dude keeps acting like a salty bitch.

I don’t dislike Stipe, but he doesn’t excite me as a fighter. He had his shot to prove he was the best, but he failed so time to move on.
dude ALL his fights are exciting. overeem, ngannou, dc, werdum, hunt, struve. the guy literally is only in exciting fights. hell of a walkout song too. and hes embedded videos are always hilarious. and he works a normal blue collar job - one of the few fighters that does.

and he reps the hell out of cleveland. he's been showcased and introduced in every freaking cleveland sport and stadium. dude's like a super hero down there.

i dont get the hate

i like stipe and most post what i have seen are complaints him wanting DC rematch not hating stipe.

I legit don’t know where you got the notion that he is hated. I think he is awesome.

because it too long for him to get exposed. But it made the payout versus DC all the more profitable.

I don't think people 'hate' him, its just annoying how his fans (like TS) think the eye pokes were coming from one guy in the DC fight, and also their / Stipe's whining for an immediate rematch. Hardly any champs get an immediate rematch after being decisively finished early in the fight i.e. Aldo, Dos Anjos, Alvarez, Lawler, even Dana's golden boy Chuck didn't get an immediate rematch after defending the belt 4 times before losing to Rampage.

I don't think people 'hate' him, its just annoying how his fans (like TS) think the eye pokes were coming from one guy in the DC fight, and also their / Stipe's whining for an immediate rematch. Hardly any champs get an immediate rematch after being decisively finished early in the fight i.e. Aldo, Dos Anjos, Alvarez, Lawler, even Dana's golden boy Chuck didn't get an immediate rematch after defending the belt 4 times before losing to Rampage.
I think the opposing idea is that people sometimes do get immediate rematches and Stipe fits the mold of someone who should get one, especially relative to some of the beneficiaries of those immediate rematches

We don’t like white people
giphy.gif

The only champ I can remember being decisively finished and getting an immediate rematch without a substantial body of of work / number of defenses behind him is GSP. Stipe carries on as if it's some huge injustice when in reality what he wants very rarely happens, especially when there is potential for more lucrative (however shitty that is from a pure sporting competition perspective, but the UFC hasn't cared about this for over a decade now) to be made.

He is a solid guy, a firefighter, the exact opposite of a diva and tries to go for the finish.

Ever since DC eyepoked him into a KO the haters have been present.

Why the hate?

Why do you nerds keep whining about the eyepoke? He got KTFO. Deal with it. Quit bringing up lame excuses. He got crushed, end of story.

Also, what does being a firefighter have to do with anything?

That being said, I don't hate the guy at all. I do hate whiny bitches who simply can't deal with the fact that the guy lost.

Back