Why are people so hung up on Conor defending his belt?

Part of the obligation of being champion is defending the belt so others have a shot at getting it but this guy gets it and just holds it for a conversation piece.
I find it odd that people who don't understand why people are hung up on him defending the belt do not understand he is not only denying the company PPV sales
he id denying others opportunity, For a fighter that belt is exposure which leads to money and that is all they care about and it should be. He is just hanging out with the belt
fuck anybody else and their family.

YES FUCK YES FUCK YES!!

You shouldn't get to enjoy the spoils of position while ducking the responsibility that the position entails. That isn't glory or achievement, that's selfishness pure and simple.

Conor is literally refusing to allow others the opportunity that he was given to shine.

Conor fans would have us accept that belts don't have to be defended...
For ONE guy.

He's a fucking fraud.

why wouldn't you want the guy to defend. All he does is hold his division hostage.

during the Floyd tour Dana introduced Conor all the time as the defending UFC LW champion
what means defending ???????

shame on you Dana

What if Aldo and Alvarez never defended their belts? Never given Conor the opportunity to take it from them? Then Conor would have never been able to become "Champ Champ" you guys keep bragging about.

There's a lot more pressure in defending a title than being a challenger.

Haters keep moving the goal post.

Oh Conor beat Aldo? How many times has he defended though?

defending belts is so overrated

He's only not defended to fight tougher fights and people still bitch because they don't like him. It's ghey

He's doing something bigger than the sport and a once in a lifetime opportunity. But yeah, let's throw that away and defend the belt to make people on a forum happy.

He's doing something bigger than the sport and a once in a lifetime opportunity. But yeah, let's throw that away and defend the belt to make people on a forum happy.
Not to make us happy, but to maintain the integrity of the sport.

But who are we kidding, he has no integrity

Because what is the fucking point of having belts then??

ZRX0_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
font> TS, finally getting it after upteen posts..?

Notice how all the "champs" are copying conor. Jones calling out Lesnar, TJ (ex champ) wants a superfight with DJ, Bisping and Woodley both super thirsty to fight GSP. They all want the money because they realize "defend your belt" don't get you shit but being a company man. If the UFC rewarded "defend your belt" everyone would fall in line.
That just further illustrates why Conor and his hardcore fans are a cancer to MMA.

Your ignorance of history shows in your statement.
Randy Cotoure stood up for himself in the UFC and had alot of problems because of it.
Hated, Tito Ortiz stood up to the UFC and that was even crazier than Randys...which was more focused on Dana.
Now, Mighty Mouse is standing up for himself, regardless of the controversy.

Conor was not the first.
I never said he was the first, I said he was the first that the UFC sucked him off. Randy might be my favorite fighter of all time, how he imposed his will on his opponents despite being smaller, and much older. That said he didn't stick it to the UFC even close to the way Mcgregor has. Mcgregor is making them let him fight in a fucking boxing match where he'll get RICH as fuck off. Randy just didn't like Dana and spouted mainly after her left.

I'm a hater but I'm actually still of the opinion that he'll defend a belt ... someday...

Someday...

And there will be people who think that a lone title defense is worth more than 8,10 or 11 defenders by other fighters.

What if Aldo and Alvarez never defended their belts? Never given Conor the opportunity to take it from them? Then Conor would have never been able to become "Champ Champ" you guys keep bragging about.

There's a lot more pressure in defending a title than being a challenger.

What did Aldo do aside from defend his belt? He's arguably the greatest featherweight ever, yet in 20 years he won't be talked about the way Conor is. Conor like him or not is an ICON.

Back