Why are people so hung up on Conor defending his belt?

jenspulverizer

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Lets take emotion and sport purity out of it. This is an entertainment business, the UFC does not treat this like the NFL, NBA etc. where you win and your progress in your bracket, if you are the best at your position(weight division for UFC) you get paid accordingly. So monetarily it does not make sense to (see DJ) to pad your record beating up a bunch of no-names. The risk however are HUGE (see Anderson Silva) if you get beaten by a no-name (weidman at the time and still not a draw). The mentality of grind away defend your belt reminds me of the mentality of an old school union worker, grind away, shut your mouth and the company takes care of you. That worked for people like my grandpa who worked on the railroad for 40 years and retired with great benefits, but that's not the case in 2017. Today the average person has 10-15 jobs and is on their job well under 5 years. Why? Because they typically leave for a higher paying job. Why would Conor defend his belt against a guy who a guy like Ferguson, who has a good chance of beating him, and make 1/10th the money? Would you? I know I wouldn't. Don't blame Conor blame the UFC.

Christ dude. Read every other thread on the topic and you'll find out

I wouldn't give a damn whether or not he's defended a belt, Aldo is considered the greatest featherweight of all time and he only defended once a year. The reason it does matter though is because people are calling him the GOAT. Which is hilarious.

They can't stop talking about him. That's all it is.
They cry every time Conor wins. They disappear for a bit after talking heinous shit.
Then come back and start more Conor hate threads.
Inserts the same photo with his fight against Diaz, and they collectively giggle and think to themselves... "derf derf, I'm so cool."
They spend their lives nit picking successful people and their little faults. It's a new age hobby you could say.

If someone leaves for a better job they don't usually get to the keep the previous position as well. Leaving the previous job (vacating the belt) for a bigger paycheck is fine and you just have to reapply (title shot upon return or work your way back up) if you want the job back.

Champs defend, hell even Bisping has defended. That's the way it is. Fight fans like to see fighter fight.

^Yeah, mcgregors really gonna have to beg the ufc to 'rehire' him lol

Lets take emotion and sport purity out of it. This is an entertainment business, the UFC does not treat this like the NFL, NBA etc. where you win and your progress in your bracket, if you are the best at your position(weight division for UFC) you get paid accordingly. So monetarily it does not make sense to (see DJ) to pad your record beating up a bunch of no-names. The risk however are HUGE (see Anderson Silva) if you get beaten by a no-name (weidman at the time and still not a draw). The mentality of grind away defend your belt reminds me of the mentality of an old school union worker, grind away, shut your mouth and the company takes care of you. That worked for people like my grandpa who worked on the railroad for 40 years and retired with great benefits, but that's not the case in 2017. Today the average person has 10-15 jobs and is on their job well under 5 years. Why? Because they typically leave for a higher paying job. Why would Conor defend his belt against a guy who a guy like Ferguson, who has a good chance of beating him, and make 1/10th the money? Would you? I know I wouldn't. Don't blame Conor blame the UFC.
LOL @ comparing your cubicle job to a fighter's.
A champion's job is to defend his belt.
Conor refuses to defend.
Hence Conor is not a champion.

That's why Conor will NEVER be in the same conversation as Fedor, Silva, GSP or Jones...

I wouldn't give a damn whether or not he's defended a belt, Aldo is considered the greatest featherweight of all time and he only defended once a year. The reason it does matter though is because people are calling him the GOAT. Which is hilarious.

What's really hilarious is you're a white belt talking hard shiet.
Chill out youngin

Why are people so hung up on Conor defending his belt?

Because he owns a belt and it needz to be defended....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Conor refuses to defend.

That's why Conor will NEVER be in the same conversation as Fedor, Silva, GSP or Jones...

LOL @ you being a broke bitch living in your moms basement while I have a career a dope ass house and go on vacation 3-4 times a year. I don't think that's his goal dummy it's to make $$$ and he does it better then anyone. He's literally said that for years.

What's really hilarious is you're a white belt talking hard shiet.
Chill out youngin
Since when did the amount of posts on a forum equate to knowledge.
Thought we were pretty tight after our agreement on the Duckula thread, damn, knife in the back

Cause champs are not supposed to win their belt and stall the division.

They are supposed to defend their belts to prove they are legit.

Conor refuses to defend.

Screenshot_20170814-001851.jpg

Christ dude. Read every other thread on the topic and you'll find out

All I see is people state he's a pussy for not defending his belt. Not any real logical points other thens stupid quotes like "Champs defend" or "he has the belt he has to defend it". Conor is not my favorite fighter, although I do enjoy his fights, tha said he is literally greatness. Is he the best fighter? No but he is the only fighter I've ever seen tell the UFC what he's going to do and the bend the fucking knee and do what he wants. How is that not outright great? Or he could defend his belt and be like every other UFC fighter.

Because belts and title shots have to MEAN something.
With Conor, they mean nothing.
He's the McUFC equivalent of smelling your finger

Give him some time hateful guy(s)

He's doing big boy things. I don't blame him for it.

Why is this even a question and a thread ?

The most retarded thing i think is Tony and Khabib haven't even fought anyone in the time he's been off, talk about missed opportunity. They need to quit clowning around.

I doubt Conor will wait around for them two to tie up there fight he will probably end up doing Mcgregor vs. Diaz 3. Which i don't want to see at the moment whatsoever.

Champs defend, hell even Bisping has defended. That's the way it is. Fight fans like to see fighter fight.

Notice how all the "champs" are copying conor. Jones calling out Lesnar, TJ (ex champ) wants a superfight with DJ, Bisping and Woodley both super thirsty to fight GSP. They all want the money because they realize "defend your belt" don't get you shit but being a company man. If the UFC rewarded "defend your belt" everyone would fall in line.

Back