Why are people so hung up on Conor defending his belt?

ZRX0_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
font> TS, finally getting it after upteen posts..?

Everyone gets having a belt defending it. But the question was "Why are people so hung up on him defending it?" Not why does he need to defend it. Why are you so hurt by his actions?

Lets take emotion and sport purity out of it. This is an entertainment business, the UFC does not treat this like the NFL, NBA etc. where you win and your progress in your bracket, if you are the best at your position(weight division for UFC) you get paid accordingly. So monetarily it does not make sense to (see DJ) to pad your record beating up a bunch of no-names. The risk however are HUGE (see Anderson Silva) if you get beaten by a no-name (weidman at the time and still not a draw). The mentality of grind away defend your belt reminds me of the mentality of an old school union worker, grind away, shut your mouth and the company takes care of you. That worked for people like my grandpa who worked on the railroad for 40 years and retired with great benefits, but that's not the case in 2017. Today the average person has 10-15 jobs and is on their job well under 5 years. Why? Because they typically leave for a higher paying job. Why would Conor defend his belt against a guy who a guy like Ferguson, who has a good chance of beating him, and make 1/10th the money? Would you? I know I wouldn't. Don't blame Conor blame the UFC.

Ok TS; Emotion and sport purity removed.

Connor is not fighting the fights I'm interested in seeing.

Now you take out superfights and millions and just be a fight fan.

When he gets back in the cage and fights my interest in him will return.

I wont pay a penny to watch Conor box.

I never said he was the first, I said he was the first that the UFC sucked him off. Randy might be my favorite fighter of all time, how he imposed his will on his opponents despite being smaller, and much older. That said he didn't stick it to the UFC even close to the way Mcgregor has. Mcgregor is making them let him fight in a fucking boxing match where he'll get RICH as fuck off. Randy just didn't like Dana and spouted mainly after her left.

hm...ok.

Anybody arguing that it doesn't matter needs to be banished from all MMA communities

Everyone gets having a belt defending it. But the question was "Why are people so hung up on him defending it?" Not why does he need to defend it. Why are you so hurt by his actions?

Now you just trolling me...

Ok TS; Emotion and sport purity removed.

Connor is not fighting the fights I'm interested in seeing.

No you take out superfights and millions and just be a fight fan.

When he gets back in the cage and fights my interest in him will return.

I want pay a penny to watch Conor box.

Holy fuck you actually answered my questions, and provided a legitimate good point and insight. I'm fucking blown away! I agree I'm a much bigger mma fan then boxing, see I literally asked the question thinking there would be some discussion other then he has a belt defend it that's why I'm mad..essentially. You bring up him holding up fights you are interested in. Ok I respect it and it bums me out a bit as well. I feel like we are witnessing a "spectacle" but a historic one and I frankly enjoy being able to witness it. It is holding up a division though and that however sucks.

Now you just trolling me...

No trolling buddeh, simply seeking answers for a lot of hate I see on here. Makes me curious as to peoples motivations. I think he brings a new perspective on things, and it interest me, frankly he's a bit of an annoying loud mouth but the way his as a business man is outstanding.

Holy fuck you actually answered my questions, and provided a legitimate good point and insight. I'm fucking blown away! I agree I'm a much bigger mma fan then boxing, see I literally asked the question thinking there would be some discussion other then he has a belt defend it that's why I'm mad..essentially. You bring up him holding up fights you are interested in. Ok I respect it and it bums me out a bit as well. I feel like we are witnessing a "spectacle" but a historic one and I frankly enjoy being able to witness it. It is holding up a division though and that however sucks.

Ya know, I didn't believe Connor was the real thing for a LONG time...

Dude has earned his fame in the cage and I'll pay to see him, even if I'm rooting for Nate, Eddie, Chad... etc.

But I wanna see him cagefight in the shark tanks he can make weight in.

Everybody knows that Conor is here to make the most money possible, no one is denying that, but people like different things, and you can't force them to accept your reasoning.

Pretty simple actually . He calls himself the champ champ and walks around like The belt means something when he's A) never defended it b) has one win in the division . Do you think if Conor had cleared out FW or LW anyone would care what he did .

Defending is just something the haters are currently using in an attempt to discredit him.

They'll always have something to help them sleep at night. But the fact remains, it has never once made sense for Conor to defend if you look at his goals and what was available at the time. Yet the haters complain anyway.

Because they don't see the big picture, and/or they don't realize that titles are really nothing more than a marketing gimmick in combat sports.

Since when did the amount of posts on a forum equate to knowledge.
Thought we were pretty tight after our agreement on the Duckula thread, damn, knife in the back

I'm watching your back. I'm telling you that you're coming off as a pompous prick. Dial it back and you're good

terribe response.
Silva (despite being in there) holds the record for most title defenses in the UFC.
Numbers alone don't mean a thing.
But I give you one that matters
0 - the amount of title defenses Conor has throughout his career, despite winning multiple belts in different organizations.

Because he was constantly progressing to bigger things no other MMA fighters have done.

People are actually mad that Conor is boxing to make 100 million. You are too.

Why would he slow his momentum? To appease you?

Conor was active in the UFC for only 3 years. Silva... Many more.

How could you expect so much from just one man? Why are you so demanding of someone you hate?

What's really hilarious is you're a white belt talking hard shiet.
Chill out youngin
Posters like you are lame AF. What the fuck does it matter when he joined Sherdog?

First you say something about on posters having the "derf derf im so cool" mentality, then you go on and expose yourself as someone who puts pride in Sherdog belts.

Good job.

They can't stop talking about him. That's all it is.
They cry every time Conor wins. They disappear for a bit after talking heinous shit.
Then come back and start more Conor hate threads.
Inserts the same photo with his fight against Diaz, and they collectively giggle and think to themselves... "derf derf, I'm so cool."
They spend their lives nit picking successful people and their little faults. It's a new age hobby you could say.
it's jealously, simple as that

it's jealously, simple as that

I think it runs deeper.
It's boredom and frustration from not having anything Conor has, or has done. They don't want to think that some loud mouth can achieve something more than them... Which is why they incessantly try to denigrate his success, or plane asterisks after each of his accomplishments.

It's a sick world, hidden with ridicule.

We're at that age in MMA where we have to explain to new fans why a champion should defend his belt.
<{hughesimpress}>

I think it runs deeper.
It's boredom and frustration from not having anything Conor has, or has done. They don't want to think that some loud mouth can achieve something more than them... Which is why they incessantly try to denigrate his success, or plane asterisks after each of his accomplishments.

It's a sick world, hidden with ridicule.
If you back a Conor hater into a corner and actually try to get an answer on why they don't like him, the only response is that he hasn't defended his title. that's it.... what else can they say? .... and he has just won the title within the last year.
haters will blindly hate.

I dont mind him doing other things, but he should defend a title at least every other fight. Otherwise it more like a tournament win.

Back