Which wrestler had the most talent but was never given the opportunity

couldn't talk, such a shame

honestly christian
And Lesnar can?

He should have been pushed as a monster just like Lesnar. They were teammates in college and the coach didn't want them to train together. Benjamin didn't need to talk.

And Lesnar can?

He should have been pushed as a monster just like Lesnar. They were teammates in college and the coach didn't want them to train together. Benjamin didn't need to talk.

never said he could, he wasn't bad his first run pre NFL

I thought Rick Martel was pretty dam good, got little to no pushes

What?

He was a former AWA World Champion, not to mention multiple WWF tag champion with Tony Garea and Tito Santana.

Edit: Nevermind. You were told.

never said he could, he wasn't bad his first run pre NFL
Well you used mic skills as a strike against Benjamin. They could have paired him up with Paul Heyman.

Karl Gotch is a perfect example. He was quoted as saying: I wish people hadn't known I was as good as I was." That actually held him back because it intimidated them and certainly intimidated any champion he might work with to know he could quickly and easily take the title from him if he decided to shoot.

In modern times my pick is Rob Van Dam. He had a completely unique style not only of wrestling but of delivering promos. Instead of getting angry and red in the face while teling future opponents how much he hated them and how he would destroy them, he just stated in his California laid back way that as good as his opponent might be, the guy still wasn't RVD (points thumbs at self). This was incredibly over in ECW and he was arguably their hottest commodity in their last two years. Sadly he never got that kind of an opportunity on WWE.

He came in at the wrong time with that damn invasion. Immediately he was over with the fans. Him and Austin was nothing but money at that time. They waited to late to finally give him belt, and wasn't even a good run

El vampiro

He should have went to WWE instead of WCW, buy I'm sure they through him twice as much. Him and sting was great outside the fact when sting would win, they made vamp to be a complete jobber

Mike Awesome. His matches with Masato Tanaka were top notch.

What?

He was a former AWA World Champion, not to mention multiple WWF tag champion with Tony Garea and Tito Santana.

Edit: Nevermind. You were told.
again I'm fully aware of Martel's AWA and WWF tag team accomplishment, but come on compared to the other guys being listed in here

Well you used mic skills as a strike against Benjamin. They could have paired him up with Paul Heyman.

You telling me this wasn't classic ?

brock-lesnar-mariachi-o.gif

and do what
heyman with cesaro was ass lets be real
heyman with axel, ass

I like Shelton but who knows at this point

He came in at the wrong time with that damn invasion. Immediately he was over with the fans. Him and Austin was nothing but money at that time. They waited to late to finally give him belt, and wasn't even a good run
Please. RVD beat Cena on PPV for the WWE title. It's not their fault that he was a dumbass and had a reputation for always being stoned out of his mind.

Please. RVD beat Cena on PPV for the WWE title. It's not their fault that he was a dumbass and had a reputation for always being stoned out of his mind.
Also didn't help they had prescription pain pills without said prescription.

Also didn't help they had prescription pain pills without said prescription.

Seriously. Everyone knows that if you want a long title run, cocaine is the only drug you're allowed to use.

Well it was an ECW ppv. They literally had no choice. Plus at that time anyone who wins mitb case always got the belt.

He didn't get it till he was way out of his prime.

It's not surprising though. We all know McMahon hates to give a good push to guys who but their reputations and their fan following somewhere other than WWE.

One of my favorite moments in wrestling involving RVD was the night he faced John Cena, challenging for the title on that ECW themed PPV -One Night Stand II. Before the match began Cena took his t-shirt off and threw it to the crowd as always, which usually caused a lot of competition in the crowd for getting ahold of the shirt. Not that time though! Instead the fan threw the sort right back not the ring, LOL! Cena tried again and they threw back at him again. He tried a few more times with the same result before giving up and it was a classic moment in the career of RVD! Of course going over that night on Cena and becoming the new WWE World Champion at the same time as WWE's ECW Heavyweight Champion was pretty cool! He was so over with the crowd but Vince's ego wouldn't let it continue so he sabotaged RVD's career, showing what a small, weak, and amoral man Vince is.

It's Brad Maddox and doesn't need any long paragraphs.

The dude was over and he should have been used in individual/singles competition all along. The match with Bret at Wrestlemania 10 proved Owen was capable of the main event draw/status. Then Owen was regulated to tag teams and he was outshining Davey Boy Smith at the time.
he was supposed to be the game instead of triple h

One that I felt had potential when he was young, but totally fell flat was Alex Wright. The guy did beat HHH on PPV in WCW, and was pretty young at the time. If the company would have taken him, and ditched the whole Wunderkid/Crazy Dancing gimmik, he had the size/ability to be in Main Event matches with time/proper push.

It's not surprising though. We all know McMahon hates to give a good push to guys who but their reputations and their fan following somewhere other than WWE.

One of my favorite moments in wrestling involving RVD was the night he faced John Cena, challenging for the title on that ECW themed PPV -One Night Stand II. Before the match began Cena took his t-shirt off and threw it to the crowd as always, which usually caused a lot of competition in the crowd for getting ahold of the shirt. Not that time though! Instead the fan threw the sort right back not the ring, LOL! Cena tried again and they threw back at him again. He tried a few more times with the same result before giving up and it was a classic moment in the career of RVD! Of course going over that night on Cena and becoming the new WWE World Champion at the same time as WWE's ECW Heavyweight Champion was pretty cool! He was so over with the crowd but Vince's ego wouldn't let it continue so he sabotaged RVD's career, showing what a small, weak, and amoral man Vince is.
Dude was reckless and top guys stopped wanting to work with him when he came in.

Dead on arrival.

If the business was the same then as it is now, then Barry Horowitz and George South would have been ROH champion in 1987.

Back