Which wrestler had the most talent but was never given the opportunity

Owen and Bulldog could have easily been world champs. Same with Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, etc.

Owen Hart, The British Bulldog and Mr. Perfect are all great picks. Or perfect picks if you will. Well-rounded wrestlers, really, each of them all-time greats. My only argument for Taka Michinoku is that he was maybe the best in the world at that time--not indisputably but he had an argument--and he was booked as if he was the worst wrestler in the world.

John Morrison, that mofo should have beat Cena clean. He was the man. Really dissapointed Vince never pushed him, he was an awesome wrestler.
Another good pick. Absolutely.

Owen Hart, The British Bulldog and Mr. Perfect are all great picks. Or perfect picks if you will. Well-rounded wrestlers, really, each of them all-time greats. My only argument for Taka Michinoku is that he was maybe the best in the world at that time--not indisputably but he had an argument--and he was booked as if he was the worst wrestler in the world.
tumblr_najln5ISJG1sdbtwpo1_400.gif

John Morrison, that mofo should have beat Cena clean. He was the man. Really dissapointed Vince never pushed him, he was an awesome wrestler.
IIRC, he was being cucked by other wrestlers backstage and didn't do anything when his girl was being passed around, so they saw him as a pussy.

Then again, Matt Hardy made his issues with Edge and Lita well known, and was punished for it I think. So who knows.

Roman Reigns and it isn't even up for debate.

In all fairness, the thread title doesn't ask by whom they weren't given a chance. Legit answer.

IIRC, he was being cucked by other wrestlers backstage and didn't do anything when his girl was being passed around, so they saw him as a pussy.

Then again, Matt Hardy made his issues with Edge and Lita well known, and was punished for it I think. So who knows.

Height was a huge factor but this was part of Chris Candido's problems as well. Not saying that he would have been given the strap but, damn, he was a hell of a hand.

Well it was an ECW ppv. They literally had no choice. Plus at that time anyone who wins mitb case always got the belt.

He didn't get it till he was way out of his prime.

There was literally no difference between that RVD and ECW RVD.

He got the big push, and fucked it up in record time.

Last edited:
I remember. Jerry Lawler seemed to genuinely enjoy that. I think maybe he was sour that Brian Christopher had to initially put Taka over for that extremely brief push.

That entire event is the crown jewel of Lawler's announcing career. Guy was on fire that night. It's up there with some of the best stand up routines I've seen, as far as making me laugh goes. Jerry was gold all night long.

There was literally no difference between that RVD and ECW RVD.

He got the big push, and fucked it up in record time.

No difference? He couldn't do half the shit he did back in the day
And his fuck up with sabu happened after he already lost the belt. He wasn't meant to hold it for long.

Earthquake. Guy was a legit monster who could wrestle and cut a promo. Should have had him beat Hogan at Summerslam 90, beat Warrior for the belt at Survivor Series and rematch Hogan at WM7.

That entire event is the crown jewel of Lawler's announcing career. Guy was on fire that night. It's up there with some of the best stand up routines I've seen, as far as making me laugh goes. Jerry was gold all night long.

My favorite Jerry Lawler moment was actually when he was accusing JR of having run over Steve Austin. I thought that was great. And Ross's disgust just seemed so real. Great duo.

That is a great question.

I know people don't really see it but I thought overall Christian was better than Edge. He had some shit gimmicks while Edge kept getting the cool stuff and he still made it work. I remember that horrible stretch where he would constantly lose and throw a massive fit like a little kid.

I know people don't really see it but I thought overall Christian was better than Edge. He had some shit gimmicks while Edge kept getting the cool stuff and he still made it work. I remember that horrible stretch where he would constantly lose and throw a massive fit like a little kid.
Yeah. I thought Christian was better too. He didn't get a significant push. Short hair Christian was ME level.

Christian was great. He did win the title though, so I can't say he was the MOST underused talent.

Christian was great in TNA, his entrance music was awesome too. His interactions with Styles were great and he had some really good matches with Samoa Joe, Jeff Jarrett and the many other TNA roster members at the time.

Back