Which wrestler had the most talent but was never given the opportunity

When I hear "the opportunity" in the WWF/E, I think World champion.

You don't need to hold the HW title to have made it huge in pro wrestling. He held many titles. Was one of the most dominate tag team champions of all time. Held the IC title and headlined huge cards.

Bulldog was pushed extremely hard. he def made it in pro wrestling.

You don't need to hold the HW title to have made it huge in pro wrestling. He held many titles. Was one of the most dominate tag team champions of all time. Held the IC title and headlined huge cards.

Bulldog was pushed extremely hard. he def made it in pro wrestling.
I know that. Bulldog is a legend, etc. But he and others are just a list of World champ-esque guys who never held the title. I know realistically not everyone can hold the title, or else it'd be hot potatoed.

I know that. Bulldog is a legend, etc. But he and others are just a list of World champ-esque guys who never held the title. I know realistically not everyone can hold the title, or else it'd be hot potatoed.

I think at the time there were a lot of people who thought bulldog could hold the world title.

In that case I always thought Ted Dibiase would've been an amazing heel to hold the world title. He had that good feud against Macho and Hogan. He had the skills to make a great heel champion.

I think at the time there were a lot of people who thought bulldog could hold the world title.

In that case I always thought Ted Dibiase would've been an amazing heel to hold the world title. He had that good feud against Macho and Hogan. He had the skills to make a great heel champion.
Bulldog and Hart's match in 92 showed that he was very much capable of being the main guy, at least for a little bit. But he wasn't as tall as Hogan, which hurt him I think. He was always muscular, but never a really tall guy. Same with Owen, Perfect, etc.

I do agree that the Million Dollar Man was tailor made to be a heel champ, and could have rivaled Hogan for years.

Bulldog and Hart's match in 92 showed that he was very much capable of being the main guy, at least for a little bit. But he wasn't as tall as Hogan, which hurt him I think. He was always muscular, but never a really tall guy. Same with Owen, Perfect, etc.

I do agree that the Million Dollar Man was tailor made to be a heel champ, and could have rivaled Hogan for years.

Bulldog prob wasn't even 5'10. I'd say Mr perfect was about 6'1.

Hogan was enormous. Vince liked the wrestlers big, he was always about their physique. I think the height thing hurt him as well

Sean Stasiak
kv4ZE.gif

Lesnar-Cena-SummerSlam-gifs-001_001.gif

6be9fde648a421dcb273292efbceeebe.gif

I know everybody hates him now but New Jack I always thought would have been money in WWF Attitude Era, would have probably been one of the most over guys on the roster.

I know everybody hates him now but New Jack I always thought would have been money in WWF Attitude Era, would have probably been one of the most over guys on the roster.
Except for the fact that he publicly refused to job for the upper card guys and he was so high for every match they probably saw him as a huge liability

Ken Kennedy and MVP come to mind. Both had elite charisma and mic skills. Kennedy was on the verge of being elevated to main eventer before politics from lesser talents derailed his career. MVP was never given much beyond the midcard.

If WWE could trust him, and they could tone down the act a bit to make it more suitable for USA/UPN, New Jack could've been up there with a guy like Road Dogg in terms of overness.

The guy really screwed himself out of millions of dollars.

Ken Kennedy and MVP come to mind. Both had elite charisma and mic skills. Kennedy was on the verge of being elevated to main eventer before politics from lesser talents derailed his career. MVP was never given much beyond the midcard.
Kennedy became a bit of an injury liability too.

Apparently, a lot of it was his attitude but Terry Taylor's in-ring ability alone should have led him to a more illustrious career.

When I hear "the opportunity" in the WWF/E, I think World champion.
In the 80s and 90s having the IC title was a big deal. It meant you headlined a lot of cards and were a top performer in the company. It was a lot harder to be a world champion then

I remember being 11 and wondering how the hell Glacier isn't a top guy on arrival.

If Broken Matt doesn't win the title & hold it for three months at the least then he will be the right answer.

j2JtRSY.gif

Back