When boxers try MMA..

When MMAers do boxing
1510095960439.jpg

Fuck boxing, limited sport is limited
This guy nearly got killed the other night.

He's awful.

Holy fucking late to the party.

Sergei Kharitonov fought Filip Hrgovic to a split decision in a 5-rounder in the World Series of Boxing.
Hrgovic was wobbled numerous times during the fight and was hanging on for dear life at the end of the final round.
If the round had gone on 20 seconds longer, Hrgovic would've probably been stopped.
Hrgovic is considered arguably the hottest prospect in heavyweight boxing.
He's a highly decorated amateur - European champion, Olympic bronze medalist, World Youth champion.
He was robbed in the semi-final of the Olympics, he easily beat eventual gold medalist Tony Yoka.

Here's the video...

Here's Hrgovic vs Olympic gold medalist Tony Yoka...

Last edited:
When MMAers do boxing
1510095960439.jpg

Fuck boxing, limited sport is limited

XD You know that Brown caught the worst of the big 4 belts and failed the post fight drug test for that fight right?

I swear, some people will drop to any level to get their bullshit cleared by others. Literally, I'm not even joking, Browne's highest ranked opponent on his road to that belt was James "fat tub of goo" Toney. Toney's 44 year old, former middleweight, 5'10, 250lb butt took hit the distance too, unlike the "champion" who I bet you can't even name without looking it up. That's like if Joseph parker switched over right now and won the heavyweight mma belt... at king of the cage and then pretended he proved himself the best mma fighter in the world.

Mayweather vs McGregor was at light middleweight.

Mayweather would still probably be favored over any boxer in the world at that weight class.

Floyd took 10 rounds to dispatch a guy with zero pro experience and practically zero amateur experience.

McGregor never went down.

Mayweather vs McGregor was a win for MMA, not boxing.

It wasn't a win for MMA.

It wasn't a win for boxing either.

Mayweather did exactly what everyone thought he would do.

I love when people try to use the Mercer KO as proof of anything, like boxing being better than grappling because someone got knocked out who wasn't trying to grapple
Mercer got submitted by Kimbo Slice <Lmaoo>.

Mercer also went 0-2 in Kickboxing.

No one should be making any conclusions about MMA fighters versus boxers when you consider the above facts.

I love when people try to use the Mercer KO as proof of anything, like boxing being better than grappling because someone got knocked out who wasn't trying to grapple

I love how Chuck Lidell thinks he would beat a prime Mike Tyson in a street fight.

It was supposed to be a boxing match and he'd already thrown kicks <45> A retired extremely old fat boxer legitimately beat a near prime MMA world champion in MMA on a few hours notice.

You guys don't wanna face it. Boxers would do very very very well in MMA. In the HW divisoin especially, top guys like Anthony Joshua could win the UFC HW championship title within a few years by just jumping in with no training and training on the fly. Just like Brock Lesnar did, but even more dominant.

I mean, come on. Guys with regional level boxing skills like Conor McGregor and Stipe make these MMA guys look like morons. I say this as a hardcore MMA fan that doesn't give a fuck about boxing. I'm just being real. Imagine a real boxer in there. He'd be so ownage.

We think striking sucks compared to grappling but we're wrong. It's the other way around. The difference is that we've had world class grappling go against bullshit levels of striking. We thought we'd seen world class striking with worldclass kickboxers. Wrong. Kick boxing is bullshit. Boxing is the world class level of striking and we haven't seen its highest levels compete against grappling yet. Just its regional levels are looking so dominant right now.
So, you are saying that Kickboxing is more efficient than kickboxing? I have lived in Thailand 19 years. I have seen many, many times european pro boxers been in Thailand on holiday and signed up for a very local Muai Thai fight. They were totaly embarased by a drunk, 40 years old tuk tuk driver. The boxer can't punch if he doesn't keep his stance. And if he does, he doesn't stay on the feet too long. Just 1 low kick to get him off balance and 1 elbow and good night. By the way, there is not a single UFC fighter who can do a proper low kick compared to thai guys in Thailand.

So, you are saying that Kickboxing is more efficient than kickboxing? I have lived in Thailand 19 years. I have seen many, many times european pro boxers been in Thailand on holiday and signed up for a very local Muai Thai fight. They were totaly embarased by a drunk, 40 years old tuk tuk driver. The boxer can't punch if he doesn't keep his stance. And if he does, he doesn't stay on the feet too long. Just 1 low kick to get him off balance and 1 elbow and good night. By the way, there is not a single UFC fighter who can do a proper low kick compared to thai guys in Thailand.
Jose Aldo

Back