When boxers try MMA..

The fuck's wrong with you? What is that supposed to tell me?

Oh yeh he was an 'animal' which bypasses the need for any grappling skill. Retard

That's a gang leader and pro boxer who got into a street fight with PRiME MIKE Tyson. The eye witnesse said he screamed like a prey getting eaten by a predator.

It's a street fight, dumbass. The chances of Lidell eating concrete, or a bare knuckled fist from Mike fucking Tyson are huge. And Tyson would not stop there.

That's a gang leader and pro boxer who got into a street fight with PRiME MIKE Tyson. The eye witnesse said he screamed like a prey getting eaten by a predator.

It's a street fight, dumbass. The chances of Lidell eating concrete, or a bare knuckled fist from Mike fucking Tyson are huge. And Tyson would not stop there.
How fucking dumb are you exactly? I'm talking about a wrestler taking him down and you're telling me the guy was a gang leader and a fellow boxer, and he was screaming like prey. You're proving my first reply in the most idiotic way possible (his aura bypassing having no wrestling ability)

How fucking dumb are you exactly? I'm talking about a wrestler taking him down and you're telling me the guy was a gang leader and a fellow boxer, and he was screaming like prey. You're proving my first reply in the most idiotic way possible (his aura bypassing having no wrestling ability)

JUDO LEGEND Gene Lebell struggled for several rounds to take down a shitty, washed up Boxer wearing a fucking Karate gi. Boxers have the strongest upperbody of all strikers, and superior lateral movement as well.

JUDO LEGEND Gene Lebell struggled for several rounds to take down a shitty, washed up Boxer wearing a fucking Karate gi. Boxers have the strongest upperbody of all strikers, and superior lateral movement as well.
I'm not talking about fucking Judo I'm talking about a wrestler shooting on someone's legs.
Why do people even train wrestling when they can just box the whole time and dominate MMA that way? Why has every (pure) striker for the last 25 years been taken down like a child? And why didn't the boxer do any damage to Lebell in the time it took to take him down?
You're just an ape if you're still arguing about boxing vs MMA in this day and age. Unbelievable

This boxer is successful in mma
Conor-McGregor-561288.jpg

not very successful in boxing tho

Arlovski actually did well training with Roach. His losses weren't due to his boxing training.
He started training with Roach in 2008 and went on to KO Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson. He then fought Fedor where he looked good and then through that flying knee and got brutally knocked out. That was a difficult KO to come back from. He then fought Brett Rogers who TKOed him in the first minute. He lost a decision to Bigfoot Silva and then got KOed with Kharitonov.

Fedor, Rogers and Kharitonov are big time punchers so there is a big risk in getting knocked out by them with boxing training or not.

He didn't stop training with Roach until late 2012 if I am not mistaken. So he still had a TKO over Ray Lopez and a KO over Travis Fulton. He then had a NC over Tim Sylvia who he dropped but got disqualified for a soccer kick.

That KO loss to Fedor really derailed him.

as i recall, roach stopped training him after rogers ran him over

I'm not talking about fucking Judo I'm talking about a wrestler shooting on someone's legs.
Why do people even train wrestling when they can just box the whole time and dominate MMA that way? Why has every (pure) striker for the last 25 years been taken down like a child? And why didn't the boxer do any damage to Lebell in the time it took to take him down?
You're just an ape if you're still arguing about boxing vs MMA in this day and age. Unbelievable

MMA does not equal street fight against an enraged and mentally disturbed Mike Tyson.
World champion Boxers make enough money doing boxing, instead of entering some white trash attraction. World champion grapplers apparently don't

Go to an MMA gym. The boxing guys are impossible to defend against unless you get as good or better than them. All the other classes you can learn to stall in a few months against the better guys. Not so with boxing-- you'll always be worked by them until you are actually sharper than them at their own game.

The only thing that works to stall against it is grappling, but if a boxer has a tiny bit (mere months for TD) of wrestling, you are more or less at their mercy until you get better than them. Or you could pull a Caleb Stairns and circle/run the whole time if you have good cardio

That's why wrestling and BJJ are still prominent in MMA today

The reason why MMA has a prominent grappling bias and always will is because unlike with boxing, grapplers don't already have a professional sport in their own discipline that they can go into that is far more popular, prestigious and pays much more money than MMA.

The only boxers who go into MMA are either guys who knew they would never be good enough to cut at a decent level in the pro ranks, like Gustafsson and Garbrandt, or washed up, finished boxers who are so old and shot to pieces that they can no longer operate at the required level in their own sport, like Mercer and Toney.

Last edited:
I love how Chuck Lidell thinks he would beat a prime Mike Tyson in a street fight.

To be fair Liddell never said that. His direct quote when asked about him vs Tyson in their primes is "Boxing, I don't want to mess with the man. MMA, I got no problem. We do a street fight I'm Okay. Boxing I ain't messing with the man".

Liddell was giving a reasonable response of what many fighters would say. It is hard to fault him for that. He is a fighter and was a champion in the UFC so he is going to be fairly confident in his abilities and think he can compete with anybody whether that is the case or isn't. He also is giving a fairly reasonable response. He doesn't have the skill or ability to compete with prime Mike Tyson in boxing. In MMA he has a diverse array of skills and a lot of experience so he at least has ways he can win the fight. Similarly with a street fight he can use more of his tools so he has a chance and he has enough power to put anyone away if he leans cleanly.

As for a hypothetical Mike Tyson vs Chuck Liddell match up. Mike Tyson has a really good chance of stopping Liddell in boxing, mma or a street fight. Liddell isn't very fast and he leaves himself wide open defensively. Mike Tyson was a freak athlete and his speed and power was something else. There would be a good chance that Tyson lands multiple solid shots before Liddell landed anything.

To be fair Liddell never said that. His direct quote when asked about him vs Tyson in their primes is "Boxing, I don't want to mess with the man. MMA, I got no problem. We do a street fight I'm Okay. Boxing I ain't messing with the man".

Liddell was giving a reasonable response of what many fighters would say. It is hard to fault him for that. He is a fighter and was a champion in the UFC so he is going to be fairly confident in his abilities and think he can compete with anybody whether that is the case or isn't. He also is giving a fairly reasonable response. He doesn't have the skill or ability to compete with prime Mike Tyson in boxing. In MMA he has a diverse array of skills and a lot of experience so he at least has ways he can win the fight. Similarly with a street fight he can use more of his tools so he has a chance and he has enough power to put anyone away if he leans cleanly.

As for a hypothetical Mike Tyson vs Chuck Liddell match up. Mike Tyson has a really good chance of stopping Liddell in boxing, mma or a street fight. Liddell isn't very fast and he leaves himself wide open defensively. Mike Tyson was a freak athlete and his speed and power was something else. There would be a good chance that Tyson lands multiple solid shots before Liddell landed anything.

You either win or lose. "Okay" therefore means that the believes he would win a street fight against Tyson in his prime. Chucks rival randy couture got KOed from a goofy Karate kick by Machida. Machida ain't no Tyson level striker. And Randy is twice the wrestler Chuck ever was.

Difference is, I can see a young boxer transitioning to MMA and becoming a champ (see McGregor), but I can't see an MMA fighter turned boxer ever winning a major boxing title.

Difference is, I can see a young boxer transitioning to MMA and becoming a champ (see McGregor), but I can't see an MMA fighter turned boxer ever winning a major boxing title.

MMA fighters have different genes?

You either win or lose. "Okay" therefore means that the believes he would win a street fight against Tyson in his prime. Chucks rival randy couture got KOed from a goofy Karate kick by Machida. Machida ain't no Tyson level striker. And Randy is twice the wrestler Chuck ever was.

Yeah but the point is that most fighters believe they can beat anybody. From a practical standpoint it isn't very useful to think that they will lose to an opponent. They can evaluate the ways in which they could lose to plan but they need confidence in themselves. Also fighters can have big ego's so when asked in a public setting if they would lose to somebody they may have too much pride to admit it.

I don't think Chuck would win a fight against prime Tyson. For his own wellbeing maybe it is a good thing that they never had a chance to fight.

Yeah but the point is that most fighters believe they can beat anybody. From a practical standpoint it isn't very useful to think that they will lose to an opponent. They can evaluate the ways in which they could lose to plan but they need confidence in themselves. Also fighters can have big ego's so when asked in a public setting if they would lose to somebody they may have too much pride to admit it.

I don't think Chuck would win a fight against prime Tyson. For his own wellbeing maybe it is a good thing that they never had a chance to fight.

You could say that you don't know.

Not you, Chuck.

Yeah he could say that. He could also say something like hypothetical match ups, while fun to talk about are irrelevant because they can't happen.

When I listened to what he said I had the impression that Chuck was being very respectful to Tyson. He implied he was confident in an mma or street fight but not in a boxing match. He never said he would knock out Tyson or that Tyson would stand no chance in an mma or street fight. He just said that in his prime he would fight Tyson in mma or in a street fight but not in boxing.

Yeah he could say that. He could also say something like hypothetical match ups, while fun to talk about are irrelevant because they can't happen.

When I listened to what he said I had the impression that Chuck was being very respectful to Tyson. He implied he was confident in an mma or street fight but not in a boxing match. He never said he would knock out Tyson or that Tyson would stand no chance in an mma or street fight. He just said that in his prime he would fight Tyson in mma or in a street fight but not in boxing.

How is it respectful to state the obvious that a world champion boxer would cream an mma fighter under boxing rules? Why he even felt the need to point that self obvious fact out is beyond mem chuck must really think his striking was good if he thought people wondered how he would do boxing mike tyson. LolL.

Back