What's good these days for CC pistols???

I really feel nowadays as long as you are getting something from Glock, Springer, S&W, SCCY, or Ruger for the most part you can't go THAT wrong... when you start faffing about with like Kahr, Kel-Tec, or *barf* Hi-Point ie the cheap ones is the problem.

Hi-Points don't even *look* like guns. I figure those are the fire arm of choice for dumb gang bangers.

I wanted an S&W M&P but was stuck in the "go without a carry gun longer for the one I want, or get this one now". Obviously like you said I didn't stoop to Hi-Point level but still felt the SCCY was a *bit* of a gamble from what I was reading.

Hi-Points don't even *look* like guns. I figure those are the fire arm of choice for dumb gang bangers.

I wanted an S&W M&P but was stuck in the "go without a carry gun longer for the one I want, or get this one now". Obviously like you said I didn't stoop to Hi-Point level but still felt the SCCY was a *bit* of a gamble from what I was reading.
I have a friend that has a SCCY and he loves it, the only issue he has with it is finding decent holsters for it.

I have a friend that has a SCCY and he loves it, the only issue he has with it is finding decent holsters for it.

I couldn't decide between the all black or the black with stainless slide so I emailed them to see if they sell the stainless slide alone so I can mix it up sometimes lol

Shield 9mm: My carry guns have been a G19, G26, and a j-frame. The Shield has taken the place of the last two. When I first saw the Shield I assumed it was low quality and not a "serious" carry gun. Then someone offered to let me shoot theirs at the range. I shoot it more accurately than my Gen3 G26 and G19, as in 10-round, 5" groups at 25-yards, consistently. I have XL size hands so it took a little work to adjust my grip for the reduced trigger reach, but it didn't take long.

For context: I am a fairly serious shooter (between 12-17K rounds a year), former small arms instructor, currently USPSA B-class, and have trained with Vogel, McPhee, Proctor, Haley, Costa, Hackathorn, Lamb, Clint Smith, Reitz and a bunch of other names.

For the Shield I've been very pleased with the 10-round magazine extensions from Hyve Technologies, and strongly recommend the Mini-Wing IWB holster from Blackpoint Tactical http://www.blackpointtactical.com/ It's a little pricey but well-worth it.

I've heard the Shield is even better with an Apex sear in it, but it certainly doesn't need it.

For context: I am a fairly serious shooter (between 12-17K rounds a year), former small arms instructor, currently USPSA B-class, and have trained with Vogel, McPhee, Proctor, Haley, Costa, Hackathorn, Lamb, Clint Smith, Reitz and a bunch of other names.

Good to have you around then. Thanks for posting.

I have a friend that had one too. CPX2 I think the model was? Was his first handgun purchase. He had it for a few months before selling it and buying a Glock 26.

The SCCY to me at first glance looked like a very well put together pistol. Fit and finish seemed to be pretty decent for a budget gun. Then I ran some rounds thru it at the range. The gun had easily the worst trigger of any handgun I've ever shot. It made the mushy M&P triggers feel like 1911 triggers. Closest thing I can equate the trigger to is one of those 4 for 1 packs of squirt guns you would get from the dollar store as a kid. A shit trigger is the #1 no go for me.

I ended up moving full time to Alaska where I'm wearing more clothes so I don't need such a small gun AND people aren't afraid of guns up here so I can walk around with a glock 20 or a ruger redhawk in plain sight.

I ended up moving full time to Alaska where I'm wearing more clothes so I don't need such a small gun AND people aren't afraid of guns up here so I can walk around with a glock 20 or a ruger redhawk in plain sight.
29558-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Offset-hipoint-irons.jpg

Taurus....curve.....380...............

............dude.

It's not like I'm out having to worry about bears . . . like some people. :)

My other carry pistol is a MP 40 . . . that better?

It's not like I'm out having to worry about bears . . . like some people. :)

My other carry pistol is a MP 40 . . . that better?

Much better.

Wasn't the curve specifically designed to fit in tight women's pants and purses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back