What's a good firearm for the first time gun owner?

PatrioticPepe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I'm in the process of getting my gun permit and conceal carry license. Whats a good small pistol that would be good for conceal carrying and a gun thats good for a beginner to shoot?

I'm 23 and I'm in the process of getting my gun permit and conceal carry license. Whats a good small pistol that would be good for conceal carrying and a gun thats good for a beginner to shoot?
Whatever gun you get make sure you hold it sideways. It increases your street cred and accuracy by 50%

Glock 19. Get a 9mm. Don't get a .380. They are less reliable and ammo is more expensive than 9mm.

If you're a baller get a SIG P938. 1911 controls in a compact 9mm.

But get the Glock

Last edited:
Sig P365. Please train with a pro and remember that the Damm thing is dangerous. Why P365 because it gives you small discreet firearm with a bunch of ammo. If heaven forbid you have to use it you have numerous rounds.

What's the best spot to conceal carry? I was thinking my hip on the side but is legs also a good option if your wearing Jeans?

9mm gives you cheaper ammo that is reliable. Most importantly remember the incredible responsibility of what you are carrying and train with people who know what they are doing. Don't go for some massive hand cannon because the size and weight will make you not Carry it. And please for God's sake don't just leave it in your car for some low life to steal it.

The constitution gives you the right to have a firearm. Please never forget your responsibility in being safe in that ownership. Ask anything you need to know I will do my best to give info.

Glock 19. Get a 9mm. Don't get a .380. They are less reliable and ammo is more expensive than 9mm.

If you're a baller get a SIG P938. 1911 controls in a compact 9mm.

But get the Glock

I have a P938 and p365. I always find myself going back to my Kahr CM9.

The Kahr has a bit of take up, but if you know where the reset is, it has a clean break. I'll probably get a Kahr X9, when available, since it's double stack.

Last edited:
I don't know much about guns, but I'd envision any encounter to take place at close range and so I'd imagine getting some kind of snub nosed 44. Basically max damage with little skill required. Plus you can use it as a melee weapon if needed.

Not actually planning on doing this. Just having fun with the thought.

R.ecb65232793cfb99248fabe5eee2653f
Belly band

What's the best spot to conceal carry? I was thinking my hip on the side but is legs also a good option if your wearing Jeans?

I don't know much about guns, but I'd envision any encounter to take place at close range and so I'd imagine getting some kind of snub nosed 44. Basically max damage with little skill required. Plus you can use it as a melee weapon if needed.

Not actually planning on doing this. Just having fun with the thought.

I wouldn't recommend a short barrel magnum wheel gun to the average person that's not willing to put in the extra range time to competently carry it.

The constitution gives you the right to have a firearm. Please never forget your responsibility in being safe in that ownership. Ask anything you need to know I will do my best to give info.
Should I carry my gun license everywhere I go?

If I cross state lines, is my gun permit still valid? Lets say I have a gun permit in new jersey and decide to take a trip to Masschusetts for the weekend, is it okay for me to bring my Glock 19?

I was wondering about these gun laws since its my first time owning a firearm. I dont want any legal trouble for carrying my glock everywhere I go

I wouldn't recommend a short barrel magnum wheel gun to the average person that's not willing to put in the extra range time to competently carry it.

I'm not actually planning on doing it, but out of curiosity, why? Genuinely would like to hear the reason.

If I cross state lines, is my gun permit still valid? Lets say I have a gun permit in new jersey and decide to take a trip to Masschusetts for the weekend, is it okay for me to bring my Glock 19?

You'll have to look up which States have reciprocity agreements with each other.
If the State you're visiting or passing through has an agreement with the one you live in you're generally good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back