What's good these days for CC pistols???

Since TS is already into Glocks I"m surprised the 43 wasn't near the top of his list.

Anyone have a Canik tp9v2?

Really thinking about adding it to my wish list . . .

I've got the TP9SA. It has yet to go to the range. Handling the gun it's very impressive for the $325 purchase price.

LOL! Are you serious? What do you think sending money to companies in Turkey accomplishes? Do you deny that Turkey is a haven for terrorists? They've been harboring ISIS and allowing them safe passage.

I don't know . . . are you serious? I'm LOL, LOL, LOL . . . good grief. I haven't sent money to any company in Turkey.

You're a gun dealer? Lol.

Yep. LOL, LOL, LOL . . .

Since TS is already into Glocks I"m surprised the 43 wasn't near the top of his list.

True

I've got the TP9SA. It has yet to go to the range. Handling the gun it's very impressive for the $325 purchase price.

Why do you support terrorists?

LOL

I have an XDs 9mm 3.3" and I carry it every day for almost two years. I've put around 2,000 rounds through it and it eats everything. It's easy to conceal but too big for pocket carry unless you're a really big dude with big pockets.

I've shot the Shield 9 and I don't think it's made as nicely as the XDs. Seems a little more sloppy and the trigger is kinda hit and miss with Shields. A lot of people say the Apex trigger kit is a must with the Shield.

Thanks everybody I'm going to take a close look at the XDs in 45.

I'll also check out a glock 43 and re visit what I already have (LCR, g26).

Surprised at people talking about shield triggers. The shield trigger and the pro series triggers are pretty good. I've handled multiple shields, most recently the .45 model, I've always thought they were pretty good. S&W's other triggers in their m&p's are not good.

Last edited:
It's the grit in the takeup. People also complain about the trigger break being too heavy (which I find to be crazy for a carry pistol). I don't really want a pistol with a 4lb break pointing at my dong all day so my 7lbish break is just fine.

The shield trigger is more than adequate for a carry pistol, and I can consistently hit targets well outside of self defense ranges with it. It is not a bad trigger, it just isn't perfect and so the complaints flow. An Apex is not necessary IMO.

Last edited:
Surprised at people talking about shield triggers. The shield trigger and the pro series triggers are pretty good. I've handled multiple shields, most recently the .45 model, I've always thought they were pretty good. S&W's other triggers in their m&p's are not good.
This. I found my shield trigger to be on par with your standard Glock trigger. The full size M&Ps though are definitely hit or miss. My buddies M&P 45 has one of the mushiest triggers I've ever felt.
As far as great triggers for your striker poly guns, I found the Sig P320 trigger to be incredibly good. The PPQ also has a great trigger. And early reports on the new striker fired CZ are saying the trigger is fantastic as well. The new Glock 19 sized striker fired CZ I am really excited about and am trying to find one now.

This. I found my shield trigger to be on par with your standard Glock trigger. The full size M&Ps though are definitely hit or miss. My buddies M&P 45 has one of the mushiest triggers I've ever felt.
As far as great triggers for your striker poly guns, I found the Sig P320 trigger to be incredibly good. The PPQ also has a great trigger. And early reports on the new striker fired CZ are saying the trigger is fantastic as well. The new Glock 19 sized striker fired CZ I am really excited about and am trying to find one now.

Agreed, the P320 has an excellent trigger. A store here sells them with the apex trigger (flat trigger only, no Springs or sears anything like that) and it makes it even better imo.

My buddy and I must have lucked out with our Shields, because the trigger is decent on both of ours. I wouldn't call them phenomenal, but not nearly as bad as the full size M&P line is. I get a bit of take up in mine, then a solid break and the reset is fair. As for the quality, I've shot the XDs and I do believe it is a better made gun than the Shield, but not enough to warrant the price difference. I love the XD line, I own one(used to be two) and have carried two of them over the years, but I would go with the Shield again if given the choice, even if I had the scratch for the XDs.

My buddy and I must have lucked out with our Shields, because the trigger is decent on both of ours. I wouldn't call them phenomenal, but not nearly as bad as the full size M&P line is. I get a bit of take up in mine, then a solid break and the reset is fair. As for the quality, I've shot the XDs and I do believe it is a better made gun than the Shield, but not enough to warrant the price difference. I love the XD line, I own one(used to be two) and have carried two of them over the years, but I would go with the Shield again if given the choice, even if I had the scratch for the XDs.

I'm in the same boat. I've seen people rant and rave about how awful their shield triggers are, but outside of a little grit in the takeup mine is great. I own an XD and the difference in fit and finish between the Springfields and S&Ws is fairly apparent... but I love my shield and at the moment wouldn't want to carry anything else. It shoots true and feels great in my hand.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody I'm going to take a close look at the XDs in 45.

I'll also check out a glock 43 and re visit what I already have (LCR, g26).
These guys are morons but a video look at the XDs

Never been a fan of the XD's. Hated the grip of the gen 1, the fact that gen 2 says grip zone is just awful(it does feel good in hand though), don't like the back strap safety either.

Never been a fan of the XD's. Hated the grip of the gen 1, the fact that gen 2 says grip zone is just awful(it does feel good in hand though), don't like the back strap safety either.
I'm a 1911 guy so I've never understood the hate for that backstrap safety. If you're properly holding the gun it's not an issue. Hell, you could do what Texas Rangers used to do:
texas_ranger_lo.jpg

I'm a 1911 guy so I've never understood the hate for that backstrap safety. If you're properly holding the gun it's not an issue. Hell, you could do what Texas Rangers used to do:
texas_ranger_lo.jpg

I wish they didn't have them as well. Just another pointless moving part where something can go wrong.

I wish they didn't have them as well. Just another pointless moving part where something can go wrong.
I agree it's another thing that can break for a CC but the things that annoy me most are things like the fucking chamber indicator and shit.

I bought a SCCY CPX-1 9mm as my first CC gun. I watched a lot of reviews and tests and found more positive than negative so I took the chance. Figured if I hated it I would exchange it and just take the hit on depreciation. However I went to the range and put 100 rounds through it and had zero problems. No FTE or FTF, and no light primer strikes. A lot of people had problems with those issues with the early gen models but almost every review in the past year or so didn't seem to and neither did I. It's American made, and I guess has the best warranty possible. So far I'm happy with it, even if "snobbier" gun enthusiasts might say otherwise.

I bought a SCCY CPX-1 9mm as my first CC gun. I watched a lot of reviews and tests and found more positive than negative so I took the chance. Figured if I hated it I would exchange it and just take the hit on depreciation. However I went to the range and put 100 rounds through it and had zero problems. No FTE or FTF, and no light primer strikes. A lot of people had problems with those issues with the early gen models but almost every review in the past year or so didn't seem to and neither did I. It's American made, and I guess has the best warranty possible. So far I'm happy with it, even if "snobbier" gun enthusiasts might say otherwise.
I really feel nowadays as long as you are getting something from Glock, Springer, S&W, SCCY, or Ruger for the most part you can't go THAT wrong... when you start faffing about with like Kahr, Kel-Tec, or *barf* Hi-Point ie the cheap ones is the problem.

Back