What's good these days for CC pistols???

whats up dudes.

I'm looking for a new EDC rig. The only autos I have right now are a few g19s, a sig 229 and a g26. Im looking for something smaller.

In colder weather the g19s get carried, I have a good holster/belt etc but in warmer weather, they are a bit big.

I love the g26 but honestly, I don't feel like it really gets more concealment than the g19 (uses the same holster as my g19).

So I'm looking for something thinner, something that's really designed for concealed carry, maybe holster, maybe pocket carry. I'm really only interested in 9mm or 45, not really into .40 caliber.

My dad has a ruger lc9 and it's good but I know in the last 5-6 years there's been some new stuff.

Maybe the SW shield? I'm a bit weary as I really don't like their MP series pistols. How about that springer XDS??? Anybody have one???

How about the HK "sk" guns??? Worth the $$$??? Walther pps???

Other than the glocks I have, my only other current options are a ruger LCR which is cool but only 5 rounds of 38spcl...and a ruger sp101 but it's pretty heavy and again...5 shots of 357/38....

For woods stuff, I love a revolver, but I'm just thinking about scenarios that might take a bit more ammunition. I'm not trying to be all mall ninja here, you guys know me, but it's time I get a new handgun and the only thing I don't really have is a good to go CC pistol.

Thinking something I can fairly easily carry when I'm wearing dockers or jeans and a simple button up shirt. G19/26 works if I have a pullover like a hoody or a fleece on, otherwise, it's a bit tough for me to hide. The LCR can fit in my pocket but then I can't put anything else in that pocket and again, limited to 5 rounds with a fairly slow reload (one of those runner strips with 5 rounds of federal nyclad or some other old school 38spcl shit).

What else is out there in 9 or 45? That dosent need a major rig to comfortably carry it around?

I can order these now . . . :)

http://www.idealconceal.com/

Anyone have a Canik tp9v2?

Really thinking about adding it to my wish list . . .

I am trying to get my hands on both of them. I love H&K, so getting the chance to shoot either would be great.

I really wouldn't mind having an HK, I just don't know much about them other than they are highly regarded.

I really wouldn't mind having an HK, I just don't know much about them other than they are highly regarded.
Everything is just high-end with them. The stock parts are all great, everything is reliable, and stuff just fits together well. I've never had issues with jams, getting tight groupings, or anything else. Everything that you can think of that a gun is supposed to do, H&K's just do well and make it an afterthought. That's what I like about them. When I am shooting them, all I am thinking about is the target and what I am doing to make the right shots. I don't have to think about the weapon at all. That's my review of the brand. Sorry if that's not terribly specific. It's hard to be so unless I was talking about an individual model.

I've only used their full size options. Smallest was probably the hk45ct.

Some of their triggers are just meh but very quality.

The p30sk is way too wide, the mag release is a flaw, IMO. Walther has a better trigger.

For what you're looking for, p938 or shield. The p938 is a much more refined gun, the shield is basically a glock - that said: Glock 43.

The p30sk is way too wide, the mag release is a flaw, IMO. Walther has a better trigger.

For what you're looking for, p938 or shield. The p938 is a much more refined gun, the shield is basically a glock - that said: Glock 43.

Glock 43 needs sights and extended baseplate imo.

maxresdefault.jpg

12328042_200160517033689_823228882_n.jpg

Glock 43 needs sights and extended baseplate imo.

maxresdefault.jpg

12328042_200160517033689_823228882_n.jpg
All Glocks need sights lol - I got the TALO version that comes with a tritium front sight post and u-notch.

And yea, for sure on the baseplate... IMO the Taran Tactical +1 is enough, it's basically still flush mount and gets you to 7 +1

I like to be able to swap mags too, that's why I don't want the g42. That g26 is just a bit difficult to hide.

How are you carrying? I carry IWB and have no trouble concealing with just jeans and a non athletic fit T-shirt.

If that's the case why are they allowed to be imported to the US?
LOL! Are you serious? What do you think sending money to companies in Turkey accomplishes? Do you deny that Turkey is a haven for terrorists? They've been harboring ISIS and allowing them safe passage.

You're a gun dealer? Lol.

Thanks for all the replies, seems like itnsort of comes down to the shield and the xds.

-how's the trigger on the shield??? That's what I really dislike about the MP pistols.

-I saw a cool FDE xds in 45 that's some sort of a limited edition which is pretty badass, I've always thought the xd line was cool.

The trigger on the shield is not amazing by any stretch, but it is workable for a carry pistol that you'll realistically only be using for short distance shooting. I have an XD45 and the standard trigger is actually pretty nice, I just wish it had a slightly more definitive break and reset. If the XDS has the same trigger you'll probably like it.

Back