What's a good firearm for the first time gun owner?

Buy a Palmetto State Armory Dagger from their website
It’s a 9mm Glock clone
Buy the upper and lower receiver separately.
Buy a case of ammo
Get a gun club membership
Or find a range public or private in your area

If that’s too much recoil consider a 22 Browning Buck mark or Ruger Mark series pistol and acclimate yourself to pistol shooting.

I bought my gun 3 years ago and have it loaded. It’s been loaded, never fired for 3 years, do I need to take apart to clean it, or since never fired it’ll be good to go

I bought my gun 3 years ago and have it loaded. It’s been loaded, never fired for 3 years, do I need to take apart to clean it, or since never fired it’ll be good to go

If it performed properly 3 years ago, it likely still will. But as is, it's more of a liability to you and your family than to any would-be criminal. You need to train regularly with a pistol for your marksmanship to be worth a damn. Rifles are easier and the way to go if you don't do any training.

If it performed properly 3 years ago, it likely still will. But as is, it's more of a liability to you and your family than to any would-be criminal. You need to train regularly with a pistol for your marksmanship to be worth a damn. Rifles are easier and the way to go if you don't do any training.
Got you and should’ve worded it better, but I’ve never fired it.

Got you and should’ve worded it better, but I’ve never fired it.

Have you at least done some familiarization fire/training/range time with any firearm? If not, you're doing yourself a disservice because you won't be able to use it properly when it matters...

1711849973767.png

Have you at least done some familiarization fire/training/range time with any firearm? If not, you're doing yourself a disservice because you won't be able to use it properly when it matters...

View attachment 1037130
I haven’t done any since years ago when I learned how to shoot and take it apart and clean it. That was one day, 3 years ago and not the gun I bought. I’ll try to watch a video soon on how to take it apart clean it. Take it to the firing range.

Back