What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you’re planning on training at toccos start hitting the bag in one of those hot sauna rooms now. It’ll help condition your will to live when you get there to work out
real talk i threw up the first day i was there after just doing some shadowboxing.

@Sinister very much enjoy your gym videos. I'd love if my kid was near you for training...I've tried long and hard to find a good gym near me that is suitable (Dallas).

So far all I have found is these gyms and never went back:

Gym 1: put novice kids in a tire and the coaches screamed KILL HIM KILL HIM (at 6 year olds)
Gym 2: a good gym but pretty much zero time for teaching anyone other than their 4 top fighters
Gym 3: had novices coaching other novices and deciding the routine to do, while the 2 'coaches' sat on their phones for 90 mins- without looking up let alone coaching.

Vegas is a fine City if you're not an addict of anything. One of my guys is a transplant from Houston. I'd recommend coming out for a week or two, maybe even for a competition.

Don't know how we're gonna top this next month:

Damn, idiots both i find the pink dude total idiot.
Also cant blame the dude in black headgear too much for losing his cool after that even though i do not condone it.
Punching while the other person is getting his helmet adjusted etc from the guy in pink, seems like he got the color right at least since he seems to be a pussy.

There's a chance I might be able to start traveling to vegas once a week every month or every 2 months for work. If this happens you can bet I'm traveling down to Tocco's to try train with Lu.

if you’re planning on training at toccos start hitting the bag in one of those hot sauna rooms now. It’ll help condition your will to live when you get there to work out
real talk i threw up the first day i was there after just doing some shadowboxing.
Lol! Is it really that bad? As someone who definitely who prefers the cold, would I die?

Lol! Is it really that bad? As someone who definitely who prefers the cold, would I die?
i came from colorado which is dry heat in the summer and cool to cold in the winter and i was not ready for the heat at all... Also Toccos doesn't have any AC so it is pretty hot. Real boxing gyms shouldn't have ac though IMO

i came from colorado which is dry heat in the summer and cool to cold in the winter and i was not ready for the heat at all... Also Toccos doesn't have any AC so it is pretty hot. Real boxing gyms shouldn't have ac though IMO
Well here it's actually hot AND humid in the summers. Still can't stand it though.

Well here it's actually hot AND humid in the summers. Still can't stand it though.
you'll acclimate its not that big of a deal but it can be hard at first.

It was 102 degrees. I’ve got a picture somewhere in a sopping wet T-shirt after a light morning session doing drills with lu and his team. I look a whole weight class smaller.

My brain was fuzzy (to my horror lu called me out on not putting my hip into my R.hook, a punch I pride myself on) and it Was tough to keep up. Granted, I’m from
Gods country- the pacific north west. Stays between 40-70 degrees year round.

Did another guest class for Hiro Karate here in Vegas. There's a chubby kid with glasses, he was surprisingly tough:

2nd vid:

it's not hot until its 40 degrees celsius. it's no wonder aussies are a silly lot, we have all had our brains fried.

Did another guest class for Hiro Karate here in Vegas. There's a chubby kid with glasses, he was surprisingly tough:

2nd vid:

Some pretty good exercises you are doing man! The first vid was great. Creative and relevant! That sidelunge to single leg step at 1:25 is one of my favs. The little asian looking girl was doing very well with most of them, which was fun to see.

it's not hot until its 40 degrees celsius. it's no wonder aussies are a silly lot, we have all had our brains fried.
Holy shit does it get that hot? I mean, here we are breaking records upon records with heatwaves so it's pretty hot too. It'll reach 33 celsius which is almost unheard of. I think the record on recorded history in Denmark is 35 celsius. The thing that gets me is the humidity though. During night time it's like 90%+ humidity right now.

Climate is acting up big time.

I remember training in chiang mai during february to april in Thailand. It was 42 celsius. In the shadow.. Not in the sun

<{Joewithit}>

Some pretty good exercises you are doing man! The first vid was great. Creative and relevant! That sidelunge to single leg step at 1:25 is one of my favs. The little asian looking girl was doing very well with most of them, which was fun to see.

Holy shit does it get that hot? I mean, here we are breaking records upon records with heatwaves so it's pretty hot too. It'll reach 33 celsius which is almost unheard of. I think the record on recorded history in Denmark is 35 celsius. The thing that gets me is the humidity though. During night time it's like 90%+ humidity right now.

Climate is acting up big time.
yep it's actually pretty scary how fast it's getting toasty.

Great video and drills. Every boxing gym should be doing this stuff. Shame most gyms consist of conditioning only, basic bagwork, hard sparring and throwing their guys to the wolves hoping for the odd win. I'd deffo have my kid there if I was close

Awesome drills I really like the jab to uppercuts on the body drill body snatching scientifically

rewetting it the shirtless kid had really good hip movement i liked the way he made it look like he was stepping out of range but really just shifting and pivoting. some really good work

Last edited:
Great video and drills. Every boxing gym should be doing this stuff. Shame most gyms consist of conditioning only, basic bagwork, hard sparring and throwing their guys to the wolves hoping for the odd win. I'd deffo have my kid there if I was close

What's hilarious is I have to share space with a guy who absolutely HATES it. There's a single guy in the ring shadowboxing at one point, well the night I was getting the video of my crew he asked the other trainer about the drills because they looked intriguing to him. He went on a 5 minute tirade about how they're a bullshit waste of time. That guy also put two kids with NO fights in with an undefeated Pro today, they got torn up. And this AFTER that Pro fairly soundly out-boxed my 29-fight Amateur.

Awesome drills I really like the jab to uppercuts on the body drill body snatching scientifically

rewetting it the shirtless kid had really good hip movement i liked the way he made it look like he was stepping out of range but really just shifting and pivoting. some really good work

The shirtless white dude? He's probably the worst in that ring at moving his hips. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back