What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have a coach

First things first, here's a HL video that was made recently with fighters whom either Dadi and I train directly, or have consulted with us on technique:

And here's one just profiling our Company and some of the fighters/lifters we've helped with. Everyone in the video is either trained by us, or one of us has done their nutritional plans for their competitions:

And for reference's sake. This is an old promo video for one of the Icelandic Gyms:

Here's a couple others:

More to come in a few moments...

@Toco

Here's some stuff from our prep for the up-coming Roy Jones Jr. invitational 3-day tournament here in Vegas:

In your first conditioning video you posted it looks as if some of the athletes shorted there range of motion on pull ups and handstand pushups. Is this because of fatigue or because you are more concerned with intensity they perform the workout then perfect form?

Last edited:
Good shit. I gonna steal some of those for my guys who need to get in shape.

In your first conditioning video you posted it looks as if some of the athletes shorted there range of motion on pull ups and handstand pushups. Is this because of fatigue or because you are more concerned with intensity they perform the workout then perfect form?

Fatigue, they did the conditioning after boxing. Sometimes we do conditioning before boxing, which makes boxing form more important. Sometimes we do it after boxing, which makes conditioning form more important.

But that's not our goal. Ironically our goal isn't some magic athletic formula like many of the guru types profess. It's just getting them able to do some cool stuff that requires strength and focus, and builds self-confidence. They feel exhilaration and self-assurance when they can perform a difficult compound movement, and they're stronger in ways that directly translates, and their friends from other sports can't do them immediately. They get a lot out of that.

Man most of your boxers move very smoothly in the boxing related drills and these shadow sparrings and partner drills. Loved it.

I'm thinking of doing a video series called: "How to survive in Boxing Gyms." One day I happened upon this guy's youtube channel called "Lockdown 23 and 1" and it's this dude from Virginia and he just talks about how to survive in prison. I guess it took off better than he expected because the first videos were rustic and now they're decently produced, but still just him speaking candidly of having been in prison and even responding to people writing to him who are about to go to prison and addressing their concerns. This one was one of my favorites:

I really liked his honesty about how a lot of guys in prison, their bark will be bigger than their bite. So even being WILLING to fight will get you a certain amount of respect. I'm pretty known in the Vegas interview circle for being candid and honest, so I'm thinking of doing something like this only based around staying in the sport of boxing (or perhaps other combat sports if I have relevant experience), and possibly navigating the business as well. Because if you don't understand hustling, you're gonna get hustled, that's pretty much a guarantee.

I'm thinking of doing a video series called: "How to survive in Boxing Gyms." One day I happened upon this guy's youtube channel called "Lockdown 23 and 1" and it's this dude from Virginia and he just talks about how to survive in prison. I guess it took off better than he expected because the first videos were rustic and now they're decently produced, but still just him speaking candidly of having been in prison and even responding to people writing to him who are about to go to prison and addressing their concerns. This one was one of my favorites:

I really liked his honesty about how a lot of guys in prison, their bark will be bigger than their bite. So even being WILLING to fight will get you a certain amount of respect. I'm pretty known in the Vegas interview circle for being candid and honest, so I'm thinking of doing something like this only based around staying in the sport of boxing (or perhaps other combat sports if I have relevant experience), and possibly navigating the business as well. Because if you don't understand hustling, you're gonna get hustled, that's pretty much a guarantee.
this is a great idea

This is from our last First Friday:

This is from the one before where "Iceman" John Scully was interviewed:

Emotion and confidence
what kind of emotion and confidence are you looking for?
I only briefly met Daijon, but my sense of him was a happy outgoing guy although that may have been tweaked because he feels comfortable in the gym. All the footage you have of him in the ring Daijon seems pretty composed and business like although i haven't seen all th footage you have up of him.

what kind of emotion and confidence are you looking for?
I only briefly met Daijon, but my sense of him was a happy outgoing guy although that may have been tweaked because he feels comfortable in the gym. All the footage you have of him in the ring Daijon seems pretty composed and business like although i haven't seen all th footage you have up of him.

He's good at seeming like all those things. But to put it bluntly, do any of them matter if he hasn't fought since October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back