What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shirtless white dude? He's probably the worst in that ring at moving his hips. lol
Just saying it was good work especially compared to what is going down at my current gym. FML

So the Dojo I do the Karate classes at is "Hiro Karate"...this is Hiro's daugher Trinity doing some conditioning:

She's in training for Pan Am games:

You'll notice she goes for the face quite a bit, much more than normal point fighters. This is because her Father is determined to get Karate closer to it's full-contact roots. He's going to be met with a bunch of resistance, but I'm happy to say I'm doing my part to help.

So the Dojo I do the Karate classes at is "Hiro Karate"...this is Hiro's daugher Trinity doing some conditioning:

She's in training for Pan Am games:

You'll notice she goes for the face quite a bit, much more than normal point fighters. This is because her Father is determined to get Karate closer to it's full-contact roots. He's going to be met with a bunch of resistance, but I'm happy to say I'm doing my part to help.

Shes a killer

From last Friday night:

I could be wrong. But it did seem like blue gloves is not used to go against other southpaws. Being a southpaw himself.

I did like the other guys stuff. Other then his tank top with flowers on.

:oops:

Daijon is the one I train, flower tank top. Cleo isn't a stranger to Southpaws, he was a Nationally ranked Amateur in the U.S. I think as high as #3

Okay. His timing seem off. But i aint no boxer. So i may be wrong.

Youre not wrong, it's just extremely difficult to time Daijon

Report from London vs. Last Vegas:

- My Amateur 141lb'er won against a Londoner. He executed most of what I teach and made the adjustments I asked for. He did such good turns that he had a whole second to land solid rights the guy couldn't see.

- My Elite middleweight Jonny Loco got bout of the night against an African Londoner. This was a crazy fight where my guy started slow but came on very strong with clean techniques. The opponent was also a light heavyweight and had 11lbs on my guy at the weigh-in. But we don't back down, my guy had most of the Vegas crowd chanting for him. If I can track down video I'll post.

- My 110lbs Junior (15yrs) had a ref stoppage. It quickly tuned into a slugfest but he kept getting his feet out of position in going too fast (we call this kid "Speedy" ). The ref told him "I don't think you're hurt but you keep losing your balance. That's how you'll get hurt."

- Daijon returned to the ring against a kid who is going to be on the Mexican Olympic Team. When the judges announced that kid as the winner much of the crowd was dead-silent. However, Daijon has taken it very positively and poured his heart into the fight where normally he holds back the whole time. He dropped the kid with a perfect straight left, but he got a break because Daijon knocked his headgear loose.

Two of my fighters got ducked on weight differentials, I say ducked because both were in the allowable range of weight. They 11 year-old I train was also weighed fully clothed for some reason, then the other coach scratched.

But all in all a good showing:

39091748_2359437504072518_5835382803046334464_n.jpg

Did you feel that the stoppage was right? It sound like a bit early. But they tend to stop faster in amateur bouts i guess?

He got knocked down twice, and lost his balance a third time. He had all his senses but it just looked bad. So it was a good stoppage. It's only his second fight. He was just rushing too much and sacrificing position for speed. Then the kid would time a good shot and catch him, knock him off balance and his butt hit the ground.

Jonny's fight:

Dude was a big boy, a lot of times Jonathan stumbled is was more shoving.

whats the story behind this one? saw it floating around social media and thought I recognized the gym from your videos here.

whats the story behind this one? saw it floating around social media and thought I recognized the gym from your videos here.

Fk that was really unnecessary knock down.

Fk that was really unnecessary knock down.

that was kinda my thoughts as well but theres always 2 sides to the story so who knows what was going on prior to that.

Kid got hit in the nuts about 30 seconds prior to that, Emiliano took advantage of him being hurt and went after him. We didn't know they were recording. About 15 seconds after this video stops, Cesar got up and went after him, finished the round (he said he had been hurt but not near as bad as it looked) Emiliano is Fernando Vargas' Son, at the show on Saturday I confronted Fernando about it myself.

There's a rule, what happens in the gym is supposed to stay in the gym to some degree. I wouldn't care if Fernando said his kid stopped a fighter from our gym, that's true. But posting just that part for e-fame is a bit petty. I have videos of people from almost every other trainer I've stood across the ring from getting beat to shit by my guys, but I don't put that out there to say "Hey look how awesome they are at rehearsing fights."

But we know now that Emiliano is a head hunter (kind of kid who gets off on embarrassing fighters if he manages to hurt them), and in this business, you reap what you sew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back