What's a man?

8KcWA3a.gif

*stares gayly*

I mean when people say someone is a "true man" what qualities would you think about.

Or when someone says the opposite, "you're a sorry excuse of a man", what qualities do they not possess?
True man: Honest, sincere, true to his word. Protective, mature, kind, courage to fight for what he believes is right. Level-headed, rational, sense of right and wrong, guided by honour and devotion.
In short, what used to be called character.

The worst, most unmanly qualities, imo, are vanity and dishonesty. Vanity is loathsome in a man, and dishonesty is contemptible.

A human with a dick and balls is a man. All this other shit is just like, y'alls opinion man.

a man is someone who has honor, love and willing to sacrifice for those he loves.

I do, but how is that relevant? Do I go because I'm more brave, or do I go because I happen to stand better chances to physically deal with a threat? Does that imply she's less brave? Is it a matter of practicality? Whose life is worth more?

You go because you are braver and you stand a better chance. You also go because all of your cultural upbringing tells you that you have to be the one to do that, not her. There's no implication that your life is worth less in this, but there is one that a man has to protect his family.

It's one of those little, nearly invisible things that define manhood, but which we rarely think or talk about. My wife certainly always expects me to be the first one to go into our dark house if we return from a trip on a winter evening. I check quickly through the house and switch on the lights while she helps the kids with their clothes. It's one of those unspoken things that define a relationship.

It's a mighty good man. A mighty mighty good man. A man is smooth like Barry, and his voice got bass, a body like Arnold with a Denzel face. He's smart like a doctor with a real good rep.

If you're not willing to defend your loved ones sacrificing your own life if necessary you're not a man. Non negotiable.
Lol and that's different how from women? Is there a lesser expectation of women in that sense? No, there isn't. Willingness to sacrifice for your loved ones doesn't define a man as a gender - it defines a human being. Well, many animals too. It's not a gender thing.

True man: Honest, sincere, true to his word. Protective, mature, kind, courage to fight for what he believes is right. Level-headed, rational, sense of right and wrong, guided by honour and devotion.
In short, what used to be called character.

The worst, most unmanly qualities, imo, are vanity and dishonesty. Vanity is loathsome in a man, and dishonesty is contemptible.
This! If there is such a thing a 'alpha male', as Sherdog seems so obsessed with, that would be what defines one imo. It is definitely why I married the man I did anyway.

This! If there is such a thing a 'alpha male', as Sherdog seems so obsessed with, that would be what defines one imo. It is definitely why I married the man I did anyway.
Congrats on finding, and marrying, such a man. A rare specimen these days :)

Back