What's a man?

Wait, was that a response that didn't even attempt to address my argument?

Yes, yes it was!
I dismissed your post because it started with a straw man. Care to make a point that isn't a fallacy?

I dismissed your post because it started with a straw man. Care to make a point that isn't a fallacy?

That was barely a straw man, one can be fully pardoned for assuming your comment was about combat bravery, but whatever - back to my point which was there in the same comment - is a woman exceptionally brave if she sacrifices herself for her child or husband? More than a man would be considered?

I think not.

That was barely a straw man, one can be fully pardoned for assuming your comment was about combat bravery, but whatever - back to my point which was there in the same comment - is a woman exceptionally brave if she sacrifices herself for her child or husband? More than a man would be considered?

I think not.
Yes, every damn time. Are you married? Or have a live in girlfriend? If so, when there's a bump in the night who goes to see what it is?

Lol and that's different how from women? Is there a lesser expectation of women in that sense? No, there isn't. Willingness to sacrifice for your loved ones doesn't define a man as a gender - it defines a human being. Well, many animals too. It's not a gender thing.

I come in peace, but...
Men are expected to give up their lives, which is why they're always told "save the women and children".

Or women aren't even drafted because men are expected to kill for women.

(Not complaining about it, just saying how it is).

Yes, every damn time. Are you married? Or have a live in girlfriend? If so, when there's a bump in the night who goes to see what it is?

I do, but how is that relevant? Do I go because I'm more brave, or do I go because I happen to stand better chances to physically deal with a threat? Does that imply she's less brave? Is it a matter of practicality? Whose life is worth more?

I do, but how is that relevant? Do I go because I'm more brave, or do I go because I happen to stand better chances to physically deal with a threat? Does that imply she's less brave? Is it a matter of practicality? Whose life is worth more?
Thank you.

378_540.jpg

well for starters a Sherdog black belt or higher.

They are rare nowadays, i can tell you that much! Difficult to define though, without using other difficult to define concepts. Do you actually mean 'a good man', ts?

I guess, for me, a good man (with what that implies of maturity and traditional masculine qualities) could be described as 'a stoic with a heart'. Of course, a good woman could be described in the same way, so...

Nothing really. I could argue being a good person who stands up for whats right and helps others make a man. But chicks should be doing that too.

Just dont be a turd and philosophize into the matter too much and youre strait i guess

They are rare nowadays, i can tell you that much! Difficult to define though, without using other difficult to define concepts. Do you actually mean 'a good man', ts?

I guess, for me, a good man (with what that implies of maturity and traditional masculine qualities) could be described as 'a stoic with a heart'. Of course, a good woman could be described in the same way, so...

I mean when people say someone is a "true man" what qualities would you think about.

Or when someone says the opposite, "you're a sorry excuse of a man", what qualities do they not possess?

I don't mean it as the dictionary definition of an adult male human being or the social justice definition of "anyone who identifies as a man".

But what qualities are non-negotiable in your opinion? Something that if a guy does or doesn't do automatically takes away their man card?

To me, nothing is more cowardly than a deadbeat dad and automatically revokes one's man card. Other things like taking advantage of those weaker (women, children, elderly) also revokes one's man card as well as other cowardly behavior.

What is your opinion?
tumblr_oo74wry2bF1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

Basically every Clint Eastwood movie role is what you should strive to be.

Back