What do you hate about the left and the right?

I think Islam is a garbage religion. I'm not gonna say everyone who believes in it is evil, because everyone's interpretation of their religion is personal to their identity. But it's some truly archaic shit that really doesn't have a place in a society looking to move forward socially and technologically. I put christianity on the same level.

I think transgenderism is absolutely retarded. This idea that gender is just "how you feel" and "not limited to just 2" is honestly, complete bullshit. We only invented the concept of gender to understand why what was between our legs was different. It literally only exists to define men and women as two separate animals. Suggesting the term isn't defined by your genitals is factually incorrect. That's exactly what gender is. And the idea that "its ok for boys to wear dresses" doesn't work when you phrase it as "it's ok for boys to want to be girls". You're teaching kids to not accept what they are and strive to be something else entirely. That's the complete opposite of individualism.

It won't affect how I interact with them but the entire idea of "gender isn't defined by your sex" is the dumbest shit I've seen in my lifetime. It's like saying "colors aren't defined by what light reflects off you, blue can call itself pink if it wants!" No. It can't, because blue is blue and pink is pink.

On the other hand republicans and conservatives seem to be the scummiest pile of self-serving hypocrites this country has ever seen. So they can all choke on the orange cock they've stuffed their faces with.

It won't affect how I interact with them but the entire idea of "gender isn't defined by your sex" is the dumbest shit I've seen in my lifetime.

They're different words with different meanings. I think you're just misunderstanding this one. This is like saying, "a spoon and a shovel are the same thing!" They aren't. They are both used for scooping, but they're different.

This is surprisingly difficult. The parties actually have a lot of the same detestable characteristics. They both pander, distort the truth, gerrymander, refuse to compromise, display selective outrage, ignore facts that go against their narrative, talk down to people, assume their political opponents have immoral intentions, etc.

Thinking of traits that just one or the other shows is actually pretty hard to do. I guess the right is shockingly anti-intellectual, which is obviously a problem. The left focuses too much of their attention on very small groups, and is dismissive or insulting towards other groups.

In general, I think both parties have some good ideas, but they tend to take those good ideas too far. When the good ideas go too far, they become bad ideas.

There's a difference in the way the right and left thinks about policy in America. The right sees the morality of policy being determined at the point of the policy passing, while the left sees it in terms of the impact. The public as a whole isn't very ideological minded so the GOP as a party and the right-wing media (meaning talk radio, right-wing websites, Fox, etc.) tries to sell right-wing policy on results grounds, but that salesmanship is inevitably dishonest. For example, the GOP sold its tax "reform" as a cut on the middle class and as something that would increase economic growth. But that's a simple lie. A difference of opinions and values is hidden, but in the surface debate, it's a matter of objective truth that the right is lying. You see similar dynamics with healthcare, the environment, infrastructure (see how the GOP's "infrastructure plan" was to increase spending on it by $200B and offset that with $200B in cuts to infrastructure spending), and more. I don't think there's any way to miss that there's a big honesty gap if you pay attention. And that dishonesty then forces them to try to discredit all neutral sources of information ("MSM is biased to the left," "academia is just indoctrination centers for the left," "the FBI is trying to take the GOP down," etc.), which in turn forces CT thinking.

I root for those guys to lose for the good of America, but really, our long-term salvation lies in the right fixing its intellectual and moral rot.

Bad news: American citizens have ZERO influence on political policies. They are entirely made by corporations.

Organizations create political rules, they made a new bullshit rule that they can give donations to political candidates because donations are deemed as an "individual citizen". BUT that doesn't apply to bankruptcy.

Can you believe it? Rome lasted a few hundred years. Let's see how long we last.

That people are so caught up in left or right, they will follow whichever policy stance their left or right politicians spew out; regardless of which side of the issue they would more agree with if said statement and policy can come from an independent or anonymous poll

When good ideas go too far, they become bad ideas.

This is actually a very good quote that requires a little more deep thinking. In fact I would bet that almost every single horrendous idea, started out as a good idea at its source

The main problem with the right right now is that they're pandering to the lowest common denominator, the newer, dumber, nastier version of Reagan Democrats, idiots who completely buy into the Donald Trump personality cult. What's good for Trump's short term and perhaps long term gain, is about the exact opposite of what is good for the Republican Party and conservatism/libertarianism. I'm basically on my way out of the Republican Party. It's whittling away into a racial/regional party, some sort of Zionist-friendly white nationalism which I want no part of. Everything is a conspiracy theory and fake news now if it doesn't conform to their confirmation bias.

The extreme social justice left is taking over on the left, cowing and alienating reasonable left wingers. There are lots of disaffected liberals right now. The unearned sense of moral superiority. The constant virtue signaling and purity tests. Callout culture, constant infighting, etc. Extreme focus on superficial issues which cannot be resolved, instead of serious issues which can be addressed. Intersectional feminism which focuses on stupid shit instead of important women's issues like health care or setbacks when it comes to reproductive rights. Thinking that people are automatically oppressed or oppressors merely based on immutable characteristics instead of by class and socioeconomic factors which are dynamic and complex and can be changed.

Um.... you sure about that?

I could pull up the total contributions of the NRA to Republicans for the last 20 years.... and compare that to total contributions that unions have made to Democrats for the last 20 years.

But, guess which one completely dwarfs the other? And its not even close.

NRA makes contributions to Democrats too, FYI.
How does that negate the NRA buying the Republicans? I will say though, the NRA has gotten a lot more bang for their buck, at least. The Democrats are corporatists who've sold out the unions even as they take their money. At least the Republicans still do the bidding of the NRA.

You don't think the right is "obsessed" with race? Please.
They increasingly are, but I honestly believe a lot of this is reactionary to the identity politics propagated by the left. It's a dangerous game they're playing which can and will backfire on them...

The left and the right are both brain dead zombies, and I hate zombies.

Left: hate their obsession with alternative lifestyle choices LGBTQ whatever. Hate their determination to push detrimental programs like Medicaid and disability which discourage hard work and responsibility. Hate their obsession with race. Hate their determination to try to punish the upper class through unfair taxes.

Right: Hate their affiliation with religion and false claim that we are a Christian nation. Hate the obsession with guns. Hate the attacks on Planned Parenthood and a woman’s right to an abortion.

Both parties are determined to be war mongers and meddle with foreign affairs

They increasingly are, but I honestly believe a lot of this is reactionary to the identity politics propagated by the left. It's a dangerous game they're playing which can and will backfire on them...

Right-wing racial politics has been the dominant force in the American South pretty much since there has been an American South. It's not new at all, and it's absurd to think that it's a reaction to the non-existent surge of left-wing ID politics. If you want a clear illustration of the weight of the problem now, look at each party's support from voters of their legislative agenda. Republican voters by and large do not agree with Republican politicians on policy but they support them anyway because of race. The same is not true of Democratic voters/politicians.

Before I respond, Jackie, I like and respect you. If this discussion gets too heated, I'm out. No political is worth losing a good buddy.

How does that negate the NRA buying the Republicans? I will say though, the NRA has gotten a lot more bang for their buck, at least.

I always find it humorous the concept that every contribution to a politician's campaign is 'buying them,' as if the politician isn't a person with core beliefs, and just a soulless suit.

For example, Marco Rubio, who was roasted alive at the CNN 'Town Hall' two nights ago, only accepted $9,000 from the NRA for his reelection in 2016.

Wow... $9,000 to buy off a powerful senator who will be in office for 6 more years?

And Florida is a purple state, and tens of millions were spent on both sides for to get their candidate elected, and Rubio only won by 4 points.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida-senate-rubio-murphy

And his total campaign funds were $25.25 million.

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00030612&cycle=2016&type=I

I don't like Rubio much, but it's a stretch to say he was 'bought off' by the deep pockets of the NRA.

And even the Washington Post reported the NRA's total political contributions to Congressmen to $18 Million since 2000.

At least the Republicans still do the bidding of the NRA.

Not quite.

Trump, Rubio, and other Republicans are starting to weaken on something the NRA is against... raising the age of purchasing a rifle to 21.

Personally, I don't see a huge problem with it, other than the fact it'll ultimatley be irrelevant in stopping the next school shooter. But, give the Democrats alittle of what they want, to get what we want pushed through, and it'll be a nice compromise the NRA will have to live with.

They're different words with different meanings. I think you're just misunderstanding this one. This is like saying, "a spoon and a shovel are the same thing!" They aren't. They are both used for scooping, but they're different.

My issue is with the suggestion that gender refers to a person's identity beyond what's between their legs. It doesn't. It's a term we specifically came up with just to note the difference between men and women. When we came up with the word 'gender', we weren't talking about "which stereotypes you most closely relate to". We were specifically talking about sexual organs.

To me this is like a spoon saying "I want to be a fork, I'm a fork now" because 'he can identify as whatever utensil he wants to be'. It's ignoring the fundamental reality that forks are called forks because they have three prongs, and spoons are called spoons because they're round and cupped. It's like saying "no I'm silver and can be gripped so I can choose to be a fork or a spoon". I fundamentally disagree with that entirely.

And what kills me is people want to express this "gender freedom" by using whatever stereotypes are attached to it. Men can identify as women by wearing girl clothes and makeup. Women can identify as men by playing sports and cutting their hair short. They're literally using the exact stereotypes they're against to express this identity that was supposedly suppressed by,,,, gender specific stereotypes.

The entire thing is just insane to me. I feel like in our effort to accept our fellow humans we've crossed a line into justifying rather than accepting. I accept muslims who are entirely peaceful and don't adhere to the extremism in their religion. I don't believe there's a man named Allah in the sky waiting with virgins. In the same regard I have no issue with transgendered people who are good people, but the logic they've used to arrive at their chosen identity is flawed to say the least.

I hate both Dems and Republicans. I'm independent for a reason, both parties are corrupt.

Left = I hate their transgender obsession. They cancelled a dad/daughter dance. Can you fucking believe how sick they are? http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...e-because-gender-guidelinesnyc-school-cancels

Right = bought by the NRA and their dumb religion obsssion.

We need a third option!!!

You?

I hate the left more than I hate the right, and I am not even right. Extreme liberal agendas like the one you just listed sicken me more.

I hate the left vs right paradigm, it reduces politics to a team sports mentality.

No, look at the question. It isn't right vs left. It is what do you hate about either side.

No, look at the question. It isn't right vs left. It is what do you hate about either side.

But what defines a side? thats my issue.

Left or right are meaningless nowadays.

Right -
-Religious beliefs influencing policy
-Trying to enforce their moral standards on others
-Moral hypocrisy to the nth degree

Left -
-The new alt-left that labels everyone who disagrees with them some type of "ist". These fuckers aren't actually on the left, but have somehow forged an unholy alliance.

Back