What do you hate about the left and the right?

I hate the labels in general which create group-think BS.

Thread try to be like "show you can be impartial and critical", we get repy like

X- i hate them because they're the crap at everything
Y- i hate them because they don't win enough

Yes, workers rights, like being forced against your will to be a member of a union and have a portion of your pay be extracted because you work in a certain trade in a particular state.

Good thing the US Constitution specifically addresses workers rights as being more important than gun rights.
Lol.. so You hate unions..cool
I’m gonna put it this way.

Unions(some are bad some are good) are not all one in the same. Just like any societal construct there is corruption..

The nra.... is a lobbyist group that makes money for gun manufacturers while hiding under the guise of 2nd amendment.

I chose workers rights..not unions specifically and always..I don’t care if a organization is union or not but if it betters the middle class economic standing (which statistics and facts back up) then I’m on board.

Why you hate Mericans bruh?

Right -hiding behind religion to justify some of their positions, willingness to strong arm anyone to get what they want, talking out of both sides of their mouths in regards to illegal immigration while many corporations benefit from it, poor decision making on taxation, cutting funds that should be used for mental health, anti Marijuana, pro mandatory minimums for people in regards to marijuana, claiming they are for the middle class while usually ignoring the middle class..

Left -not willing to put the interests of its citizens above that of illegals, not willing to acknowledge difference between illegal immigration and immigration, poor decision making on taxation, anti 2nd Amendment, promote equality by forcing inequality, pro use of over exaggeration in the media to force narratives, thinking progressive means always changing everything, seem to be all about expanding government and it's control over the people, seemingly wanting to make people rely on the government for most things (therefore expanding its control over the people), many of their ideas are impractical but sound great, claiming they are for the middle class when many of their policies hurt the middle class..

I could go on, but I woke up with a massive headache today and it's getting hard to stare at the screen. Bottom line for me here is, there's much more I dislike about both than I like.

Let me add too that i dislike the unwillingness to work with one another and find a compromise/common ground. The average righty and lefty behaves like they are rival sport team fans with one another. It's not about doing the logical or moral thing its just about scoring a win and towing the team line .

Lol.. so You hate unions..cool
I’m gonna put it this way.

Unions(some are bad some are good) are not all one in the same. Just like any societal construct there is corruption..

The nra.... is a lobbyist group that makes money for gun manufacturers while hiding under the guise of 2nd amendment.

I chose workers rights..not unions specifically and always..I don’t care if a organization is union or not but if it betters the middle class economic standing (which statistics and facts back up) then I’m on board.

Why you hate Mericans bruh?

So.... let get this straight...

You're cool with union dues going to Democrats' reelection campaigns to keep them in office, and one of the leftists ultimate dreams is to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Oh, can't forget to mention that Democrats love raising taxes after getting in office, is to fulfill the promises to the unions, who funded their campaigns.

And as for the NRA, some of it is good, some of it is bad. But they're fulfilling their promise to defend gun rights in Washington DC. And if they help manufacturers sell guns, great. The more guns in legal citizens hands, the safer we all are. Now, if only the federal government would their their shit together about the background checks, the whole system will be much improved.

Right-Religious bullshit
Left-Treat everyone like they are children

Guilty of what I described?

Like I said, I would bet that guilt is entirely on the shoulders of a very specific group of posters here.
Ahh, I’m not talking about sherdog,I was talking about America.

Left=identity politics /minority victim hood complex
Right=White /Christian victimhood complex

Carry on

So.... let get this straight...

You're cool with union dues going to Democrats' reelection campaigns to keep them in office, and one of the leftists ultimate dreams is to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Oh, can't forget to mention that Democrats love raising taxes after getting in office, is to fulfill the promises to the unions, who funded their campaigns.

And as for the NRA, some of it is good, some of it is bad. But they're fulfilling their promise to defend gun rights in Washington DC. And if they help manufacturers sell guns, great. The more guns in legal citizens hands, the safer we all are. Now, if only the federal government would their their shit together about the background checks, the whole system will be much improved.
I’m cool with union dues going to election campaigns as long as members are
Aware and are on board...it should be up to the members of that union.my union does this..can’t say all do. All unions aren’t one in the same.

Nra will lobby anything that helps there constitutes (gun manufacturers) even if that means railroading common sense gun control. That shit I’m not cool with

Myself As a pro gun ,pro 2nd amendment guy...the nra directly stonewalls any gun legislation reform that benefits the whole of the population.

Just because nra has pro 2nd stance shouldn’t mean we overlook there bought and paid for agenda,especially when that agenda directly subverts common sense legislation that would keep guns out of bad dudes hands

Left: The crazy lgtqieoprkfdf communists antifa
Right: The actual nazis

I consider the amount of crazy people in both groups to not be that huge though. The amount of self-serving unaware are high in both groups. Good people here and there.

I’m cool with union dues going to election campaigns as long as members are
Aware and are on board...it should be up to the members of that union.

It's never up to the members of the unions (public sector) of how much their fees are, their services provided, who to support in elecrions, or how much to donate to their campaigns. The Union bosses make those decisions, not the members.

Nra will lobby anything that helps there constitutes (gun manufacturers) even if that means railroading common sense gun control. That shit I’m not cool with

O.M.G... 'common sense' gun control, meaning everyone with common sense is in favor of gun control?

Yes, we need to ban scary black firearms and keep the ones with wood on them because they look less threatening.

And we need to ban ever firearm that can shoot more than 4 rounds a minute, because that would make them high-capacity.

In short, I'm not going to trust corrupt beurocratic politicians that has never held a gun in their lives to determine the means I have to defend myself.

that would keep guns out of bad dudes

Oh, you mean if the cops and FBI had reported Nicholas Cruz into the neccessary background check registrations, to legally deny him the right to own a firearm?

And criminals get guns by stealing them and buying them on the street, both are illegal and no one is trying to get them legalized. So how is the NRA at fault for criminals getting guns?

It's never up to the members of the unions (public sector) of how much their fees are, their services provided, who to support in elecrions, or how much to donate to their campaigns. The Union bosses make those decisions, not the members.

O.M.G... 'common sense' gun control, meaning everyone with common sense is in favor of gun control?

Yes, we need to ban scary black firearms and keep the ones with wood on them because they look less threatening.

And we need to ban ever firearm that can shoot more than 4 rounds a minute, because that would make them high-capacity.

In short, I'm not going to trust corrupt beurocratic politicians that has never held a gun in their lives to determine the means I have to defend myself.

Oh, you mean if the cops and FBI had reported Nicholas Cruz into the neccessary background check registrations, to legally deny him the right to own a firearm?

And criminals get guns by stealing them and buying them on the street, both are illegal and no one is trying to get them legalized. So how is the NRA at fault for criminals getting guns?
i gotta go eat some breakfast, good convo though ,I’ll get back to you in a bit

Militant anything is fucking annoying. The sjw left is exceptionally annoying and the "guns, god, abortion" crowd on the right is downright irritating.

Victim culture and identity politics from the left.My personal feeling is that the left oppresses people more than they help them and I think its deliberate and calculated. The left is nothing without victims to champion. No one can tell you right now what it means to be a democrat. ITs just a lost group of politicians attaching themselves to any group they can manipulate while pretending to champion them.

The right for not budging and reaching across the aisle for simple solutions to social problems.

I hate it when the left goes authoritarian.

I hate it when the right goes authoritarian.

Thread try to be like "show you can be impartial and critical", we get repy like

X- i hate them because they're the crap at everything
Y- i hate them because they don't win enough

Well, people do tend to prefer one outlook to another so that's pretty natural. The other "cop out" kind of response is for people to name an extreme fringe group on their own side and the mainstream of the other side. But, again, copping out isn't really bad here.

Anyway, here's my stab:

L: Too purist/logical. Unrealistic idea of how politics work (this is a problem on the right as well, of course, but it doesn't bother me). Too willing to turn on themselves or blow everything up if they don't get their way. Too disorganized.
R: Utter dishonesty and abandonment of reason in favor of emotion. Ugly identity politics. CT thinking. Attempts to discredit all sources of objective knowledge in the name of defending unpopular policy goals.

I wouldn’t say I hate anything about either group but my gripe with American politics, that I don’t see as much in Canadian politics(for a bunch of reasons, too long to explain) is the embracing of the extremes. I’d love there to be at least two more parties, the extremes of both sides, and let them scoop up all the divisive loony tunes voters while the centrist deal with real issues and vote for whichever of the two sane parties presents the best option at any given time.

Back