WESTWORLD Season 2

Chances that Deloris's "quest" if you will. Is just part of Ford's new narrative that he started last season. I vaguely recall him saying war is involved.
And wasn't it also shown that Maeve is still following a narrative as well?

The last episode was the first time I've been bored watching Westworld.

Too many flashbacks, which seemed like most of the episode.

I kept wondering "What's the point of this scene?"

Perhaps its all leading up to something and it all will be entertaining retroactively. But whatever plot twist they're going to reveal will be weakened by the fact the scenes setting it up were boring.

Just my 2 cents.

This may just be idle speculation, but seeing Maeve and Dolores interact made me think of something.

All throughout this season Dolores has been behaving in a grandiose manner. She's spouting off chewy lines about the real world, them and us, uprising, blah blah. She has these visions of what she's going to do, the morality of it all, and taking her revenge. It's all very theatrical. It comes across to me that perhaps Dolores isn't running off her own free will, that's she's still following a script and this is all the machinations of Ford. Dolores was a favorite of Arnold/Bernard and Ford. They were constantly talking to her one-on-one, prodding her to become self aware. Maybe she didn't actually succeed in the maze. We also know from this latest episode that she was the one who apparently "ruined" Billy who, through Delos, has his thumb on Westworld. And now, Ford has a game for old Billy/MiB. Is it possible she's part of the game Ford designed as a sort of fuck you to Billy and Delos?

Meanwhile, Maeve's behavior doesn't seem not at all theatrical. She's single minded, focused on one very simple goal of finding her "daughter", even though she knows logically that it truly isn't her daughter, and that it's a bit of leftover programming in her. She doesn't care two shits about Dolores's revolution, she's in it for herself, and she's doing things in the most pragmatic manner she can. She really doesn't seem like she's playing a part. As far as I can remember, Maeve never interacted with Ford or Arnold/Bernard. She became self aware quite by accident.

So, what if Dolores is a red herring for robot consciousness? What if she's still running a story? What if Maeve is the true representation of the hosts becoming self aware?

We've seen Maeve being able to control other hosts. When she met Delores, did she really convince her to leave them alone or did Maeve control her?

i'm not a fan of all this time jumping all over the place. especially since i'm watching 2 shows that are doing it.

First season was hot garbage. This season hasn't really changed my mind.

It's okay though. I don't really get some of the complaints in here about the timelines being confusing. It's all pretty straight forward.

What I'm wondering is if the show has any long term plans, because they're already building to an all out war for humanity, and the park is practically an afterthought. There's nobody running the place anymore, and the robots have taken over. Okay. What comes next after the big showdown, or whatever? Pad the show with flashbacks to the park's origins for six seasons?

Shit is burning out quickly.

It's okay though. I don't really get some of the complaints in here about the timelines being confusing. It's all pretty straight forward.

What's funny is last season I was confused as fuck and I had to get on here to figure it out. Now this season it seems really simple to follow and everyone else is confused.

First season was hot garbage. This season hasn't really changed my mind.

What I'm wondering is if the show has any long term plans, because they're already building to an all out war for humanity, and the park is practically an afterthought. There's nobody running the place anymore, and the robots have taken over. Okay. What comes next after the big showdown, or whatever? Pad the show with flashbacks to the park's origins for six seasons?

Shit is burning out quickly.

They might break out of the park into the world and go from there. That's at least two seasons. Four seasons is good for a show IMO. I hate shows that go on for to long.

They might break out of the park into the world and go from there. That's at least two seasons. Four seasons is good for a show IMO. I hate shows that go on for to long.
I'm pretty sure seven seasons have been planned from the start.

I'm pretty sure seven seasons have been planned from the start.

Oh that might be pushing. Oh well I didn't write the show and if they think they can get 7 seasons I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It was a mistake to delay this season by 2 whole fucking years. It has made people's expectations higher than what it should be.

Well, that's what I figure they're aiming for, but that seems like a final season kind of climax. I heard they originally outlined five or so seasons when it was first pitched, but it seems like it's already getting ahead of itself, and losing it's identity. I think they might've blown their wad in the first season, and from here on out it's going to be a struggle to keep the original concept intact.

"It's about this futuristic park that's set in the wild west, where people pay money to go and live out there fantasies. The park is inhabited by the most sophisticated AI's, who eventually become self aware and turn on their masters. They form a rebellion, and eventually escape the park."

"Okay, then what happens?"

"Uhhh....well, what do you mean?"

"Well, what happens with the robots once they've escaped the park that the show is named after?"

"Oh', well, they...umm...uhhh...go start wreaking havoc in the real world, and umm, I guess the show becomes like every other clone/robot apocalypse show or movie you've ever seen."

Tallulah Riley is the perfect natural woman. Elon Musk is a dork.

Evan Rachel Wood is not bad either, dont know how that douche Marilyn Manson go with her.

Awesome cold opening. If anyone was listening closely they were playing White Stripes

I think one of the big reveal this season will be that the MIB isnt human. We have already been getting hints. This game is for you .... him picking bullets out of his arm ... surviving the last episode in season 1. His game is to realize he is not human.

Okay, maybe I missed something, but can someone explain this little detail that's been bugging me.

Where are the robots getting their real guns and real ammo? The show has gone out of it's way to show that the robots' weapons can't hurt humans, and that they shoot a form of dummy bullets that can only hurt other robots. From the very first episode, they show Ed Harris just shrugging off shots. This episode they pointed out the difference, when the girl shot that dude to find out if he was human.

Now, it seems that every robot in the park have real guns that can kill humans. Where'd they get them? Why are they a lethal threat all of a sudden?

They finally show another world and it's colonial India?! Are you kidding me? LAME

Okay, maybe I missed something, but can someone explain this little detail that's been bugging me.

Where are the robots getting their real guns and real ammo? The show has gone out of it's way to show that the robots' weapons can't hurt humans, and that they shoot a form of dummy bullets that can only hurt other robots. From the very first episode, they show Ed Harris just shrugging off shots. This episode they pointed out the difference, when the girl shot that dude to find out if he was human.

Now, it seems that every robot in the park have real guns that can kill humans. Where'd they get them? Why are they a lethal threat all of a sudden?

they dont fire dummy bullets the guns fire their ammunition at a slower non lethal speed when firing at a guest vs host. Or at least they did before ,presumably, Ford changed it to where guest are perceived as host. Although the guns appear to be old they are quite advanced.

Or something.

I don't think this show has fallen off like others, but goddamn this show is reaching absurd levels of treating the hosts as a threat. I fucking died laughing when an 1800's rifle penetrated a futuristic bulletproof vest. How the fuck does that work? Aren't these dummy bullets? Why are guns in this show so contradicting?

Also, this show hasn't given an explanation why the humans can't roll up with drones, tanks, and helicopters and obliterate everything. Shouldn't that be a contingency plan?

they dont fire dummy bullets the guns fire their ammunition at a slower non lethal speed when firing at a guest vs host. Or at least they did before ,presumably, Ford changed it to where guest are perceived as host. Although the guns appear to be old they are quite advanced.

Or something.

Did they ever explain this?

It seems pretty risky. Like, what if a guest just got caught in the crossfire, when the hosts were firing lethal rounds at each other? Also, doesn't the scene at the beginning of this past episode imply that the guns just aren't lethal to humans? Or maybe the chick that got mauled was actually a host?

Ugh, I'm so confused.

Back