WESTWORLD Season 2

Surprised so many had an issue with this episode people already talking about leaving, seriously? It was that bad to you guys? I can't wait to see where it goes.

agreed....I almost bailed on the first season but now everyone should know what to expect out of flow/rhythm of the show. Not sure why this season has been any different from that the last at this point.

Question though....I need to go rewatch last nights episode but I wont cuz I barely have enough time to watch once. And i didn't think about this until this morning....But is the retirement party scene with delores and logan before he and william take a trip to west world and william sends Logan off into the sunset naked on a horse to die?

There has already been a big drop off in this season imo. No Hopkins is a big part but just two episodes in and the multiple timelines already seems trite and all over the place. The fact that this was delivered via a big reveal mechanism in season one is another factor in why it seems to fall flat this time around. The philosophical dialogue also comes across as boring and predictable. I'll give it one more episode.

agreed....I almost bailed on the first season but now everyone should know what to expect out of flow/rhythm of the show. Not sure why this season has been any different from that the last at this point.

Question though....I need to go rewatch last nights episode but I wont cuz I barely have enough time to watch once. And i didn't think about this until this morning....But is the retirement party scene with delores and logan before he and william take a trip to west world and william sends Logan off into the sunset naked on a horse to die?

After.

People like to complain. So thats what they will do while still continuing to watch it. Season 2 has been great so far. Watch the whole thing then critique it.

All that stuff with William and Logan is in the past. The guy with the black uniform is William in present day.

But is the retirement party scene with delores and logan before he and william take a trip to west world and william sends Logan off into the sunset naked on a horse to die?
No, that party was after.

Hmmmm agree with what most of you guys said it seems to have lost it's premise from season 1. Narrative not as engaging and not much mystery to keep me looking forward to next weeks episode HOWEVER I seem to remember feeling that Season 1 wasn't very engaging for the first few episodes and didn't really get going until about episode 4 and by the end was one of the best series I'd ever seen so will just give the writers the benefit of the doubt and hope they've got plenty up their sleeves this season

There has already been a big drop off in this season imo. No Hopkins is a big part but just two episodes in and the multiple timelines already seems trite and all over the place. The fact that this was delivered via a big reveal mechanism in season one is another factor in why it seems to fall flat this time around. The philosophical dialogue also comes across as boring and predictable. I'll give it one more episode.

Don’t worry I am sure there will be an exciting episode with lots of action and everyone will talk about how great the episode is and you will be back saying how awesome Westworld is. Lemmings like you can suck a dick.

After.

People like to complain. So thats what they will do while still continuing to watch it. Season 2 has been great so far. Watch the whole thing then critique it.

No, that party was after.

Oh I thought William was sending him off naked on the horse to legit die?

So it was more like a "fuck you, I won"...and everyone went back home. I guees, Logan a little salty and checked ego hence maybe why he's a junkie in that time line?

All that stuff with William and Logan is in the past. The guy with the black uniform is William in present day.

Yeah got all that...but thought william was sending Logan off on the horse to legit diededed...

And off topic....but I wonder how much the production of the opening credits cost? Love or hate the show, that shit is beautiful. HBO sparing no expense.

I'm loving every second of this show.

I turn off the lights, get comfortable, and go to Westworld.

Going to avoid this thread as it's incredibly negative.

Cannot wait for next week.

I really like season 2 but holy fuck I'm confused about the multiple timelines.

Oh I thought William was sending him off naked on the horse to legit die?
That was what I thought at the time, but that wouldn't be very smart of William to do, considering he was engaged to that guy's sister. And also I think if you commit murder at Westworld you still get in trouble.
So it was more like a "fuck you, I won"...and everyone went back home. I guees, Logan a little salty and checked ego hence maybe why he's a junkie in that time line?
Exactly

Last edited:
I think the show is amazing. Are people really complaining?

I dont want to be the one to say it, but looks like this show demand much more thought and attention than the avetage person can muster.

This may just be idle speculation, but seeing Maeve and Dolores interact made me think of something.

All throughout this season Dolores has been behaving in a grandiose manner. She's spouting off chewy lines about the real world, them and us, uprising, blah blah. She has these visions of what she's going to do, the morality of it all, and taking her revenge. It's all very theatrical. It comes across to me that perhaps Dolores isn't running off her own free will, that's she's still following a script and this is all the machinations of Ford. Dolores was a favorite of Arnold/Bernard and Ford. They were constantly talking to her one-on-one, prodding her to become self aware. Maybe she didn't actually succeed in the maze. We also know from this latest episode that she was the one who apparently "ruined" Billy who, through Delos, has his thumb on Westworld. And now, Ford has a game for old Billy/MiB. Is it possible she's part of the game Ford designed as a sort of fuck you to Billy and Delos?

Meanwhile, Maeve's behavior doesn't seem not at all theatrical. She's single minded, focused on one very simple goal of finding her "daughter", even though she knows logically that it truly isn't her daughter, and that it's a bit of leftover programming in her. She doesn't care two shits about Dolores's revolution, she's in it for herself, and she's doing things in the most pragmatic manner she can. She really doesn't seem like she's playing a part. As far as I can remember, Maeve never interacted with Ford or Arnold/Bernard. She became self aware quite by accident.

So, what if Dolores is a red herring for robot consciousness? What if she's still running a story? What if Maeve is the true representation of the hosts becoming self aware?

After.

Yeah, I don't get the need for people to jump to negative conclusions so quickly. It's like when people start moaning and rolling their eyes about a movie while it's still on.

I want to like this season, but I really have no interest in the story lines thus far. Might just watch it all back to back to back after this season is over and judge it then, but for now, I am out.

They had 2 hours to captivate me and pull me in, and they failed for me. That, and ZERO nudity so far besides the dead body bushes and some side shots....

Back