WESTWORLD Season 2

Seems so. Must be a lot of space, because they were shocked the tiger had wandered so far.

She's played by Talulah Riley

TALULAH_RILEY_Sophia_Spring_04_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq_I6mpotAS9jeczgL3EvI5XZe4Y_6h61OUWhPPHJ3oDE.jpg

angela-WW.jpg

Ah thanks I didn't recognise her as the host that offered William a white or black hat

Episode was boring

Lots of confusion, time jumps with no explanation

I have no idea what's going on after that episode
Yeah, the episode was a jumbled mess.

Horrible start after such a riveting first season.

Lol @ the few ppl in here saying they will give it a couple more episodes to get good before they bounce. No you wont , you're watching the whole season, guaranteed.
I'm not sure about newcomers, but this show already had me, and if they spit out 2-3 more episodes as emotionally disconnected and wandering as this one, I'll be shipping off.

So the Chinese Navy was on that shore? But there is no landscape in China that looks like Westworld.

So the Chinese Navy was on that shore? But there is no landscape in China that looks like Westworld.

Edit: didn't they say they do lots of terraforming?

I guess it could just be an artificial island off the coast of China.

Last edited:
Man, I can't remember shit from this episode except for the beginning when they were executing the hosts.

I gotta stop drinking when I watch this, too many details fly over my head.

I'm not sure about newcomers, but this show already had me, and if they spit out 2-3 more episodes as emotionally disconnected and wandering as this one, I'll be shipping off.
I think the purpose of their staging is to put you into the head-space of Bernard, who is trying to piece things together himself from a fractured and fragmented memory. Last season it was the headspace of Delores, going through a maze and reaching the bi-cameral mind.

This season is named "the door". This could be a reference to Bernard who last season couldn't see a door due to his programming preventing him. I suspect he will piece it together at some point and we will do it the same as him, giving that crescendo feeling audiences felt watching the coffee cup shatter in Usual Suspects. At least I hope that is where this is going.

Last edited:
It’s a mess, I predicted this show would quickly fall apart in season 2. I will still watch because I love the production value, but it’s borderline background noise if the whole thing is going to be as disjointed as the premiere.

Edit: didn't they say they do lots of terraforming?

I guess it could just be an artificial island off the coast of China.

LOL, they must have connected China to Japan then, because Westworld is Yuge.

So it seems like they are just copy/pasting the formula from season 1 right in front of our eyes, but without season 1's big draw or mystery, kind of what I expected really.

It kind of fucking sucks. I mean, they are now doing 2-3 timelines... again. They have no homebase, every storyline is on the move. Absolutely nothing about the first episode got me to mutter "I wonder..." like almost every episode of season 1 actually did.

AND, their were no boobs.... WTF... I mean, boobs are usually a plus, and SOMETIMES a saving grace for me, but we got ZERO boobs.

Surprised so many had an issue with this episode people already talking about leaving, seriously? It was that bad to you guys? I can't wait to see where it goes.

kind of confusing premiere, but i'll see where it goes.

Surprised so many had an issue with this episode people already talking about leaving, seriously? It was that bad to you guys? I can't wait to see where it goes.

Right what else is there to watch? Some CW superhero nonsense? It's still the best thing on besides some all streaming service shows.

Lots of backstory in this one. Good insight to Delos WILLIAM and how WW began. Evan Rachel Wood seems to be overacting a little.

Evan Rachel Wood seems to be overacting a little.

I do think that's an intentional choice. Last season and everything else she's ever been in shows that she doesn't tend to overact unless the script calls for it.

And after a whole season of playing Dolores as tightly controlled robot, she may be relishing the chance to chew the scenery a bit.

For a while I've been of the opinion that there are few things actors enjoy as much as getting the chance to intentionally overact. One can feel the fun they're having, right though the screen.

Was cool seeing the backstory to the park. But was it really the backstory to the park......................?

Probably yeah.

This shit is gonna be dope.
Deloras leading a war against a human army

Sidenote: Is it just me, or does anyone else think of Seinfeld when they say Delores?

Absent the hook of the central premise, this season isn't as engaging to start as season 1. The obvious (now) multiple timelines make the story seem a little less coherent, since you scene to scene developments don't necessarily push to the same end point.

They need to progress on the war against the hosts and the Man in Black's game, create something approaching narrative momentum in the next couple episodes. I understand that the sense of mystery is important, but the first season also had a lot of fun scenes. If it becomes too challenging, it's cultural relevance will disappear quickly. Here's hoping all this table setting pays off before it gets too tiresome.

Watched the second episode, dont like the direction this is going, we already know the man in black is that guy. i just dont see the point of giving Dolores and the guy more backstory, we already know what happened and we put 2 and 2 together to figure out the rest, we dont need more info dump, the second episode felt to me like a huge redundant waste of time

Back