Weidman the first undefeated fighter Anderson has faced

Well not everyone, just the people who said Anderson was ducking him.

yea, not everyone - but this place was running wild with it - people were mentioning the fact that hes coming off injury and is relatively green, and if anderson smokes him, the win will be diminished - but still it was crazy here about it - so people seem interested, esp bc people think he has the right style

Even though this is just a white belt, I think a lot of people take his 9 fights/9 wins too far. Maia was 11-0 and Bisping was 14-0, both with a good handful of UFC wins. There are a good amount of UFC fighters that had great starts into MMA onto the UFC. But eventually they aren't polished enough to continue winning against high level fighters nonetheless against a GOAT/p4p fighter. Weidman just doesn't look that unbeatable to me, some people really think he's the next Jon Jones.

Spider will take his heart.
Been out for so long and not enough top level competition

I think coming off an injury and not having fought in 9 months will be a factor. He needs a tune up fight.

He hasn't fought in a year. His last fight was July 12th, 2012 against Munoz.

yea, not everyone - but this place was running wild with it - people were mentioning the fact that hes coming off injury and is relatively green, and if anderson smokes him, the win will be diminished - but still it was crazy here about it - so people seem interested, esp bc people think he has the right style

It is crazy that now that the fight is signed and ready to go, more and more of these people who were hypin him up are preparing their excuses already like you said earlier lol. But, it doesn't matter what Anderson does, he could beat Fedor and people would try to diminish the win.

I think Weidman will be a great opponent for Anderson, probably could beat him if his striking, and jiu-jitsu were buttoned up just a little bit better. But oh well, he'll make it competitive for a couple rounds and will be able to gauge where he is now and where he'll need to be with this fight.

Doesn't matter I think Anderdon smashes Weidman

It is crazy that now that the fight is signed and ready to go, more and more of these people who were hypin him up are preparing their excuses already like you said earlier lol. But, it doesn't matter what Anderson does, he could beat Fedor and people would try to diminish the win.

I think Weidman will be a great opponent for Anderson, probably could beat him if his striking, and jiu-jitsu were buttoned up just a little bit better. But oh well, he'll make it competitive for a couple rounds and will be able to gauge where he is now and where he'll need to be with this fight.

yea, i honestly wanted to see him fight an elite fighter first, because i would be ridiculously excite about the fight if he say, finished bisping or vitor or something

im still pretty pumped about it, i think weidman is special - even if he doesnt beat anderson, i dont see him losing much in the division

the idiots we are talking about are actually there for one reason - they signal who is truly great - when nothing is good enough to please the haters, and they have to cling to any small item, thyey are desperate because the fighter is too great - no matter how negative you want to be, you just cant put the words together that make sense - thats a pretty remarkable thing - people have to sound like idiots to hate on you - thats a sign of a true legend - lebron is another good example

jones is getting there too - if they're smart, they dont let it get to them and instead realize how special this kind of hatred makes them - when you're expected to walk through chris weidman by 80% of the fans, thast pretty insane

I hope Weidman wins so Lyoto can drop down and be one of the few to hold belts in 2 weightclasses.

A new MW champ is coming in July. No more diva shit....no more Blackhouse...no more Ed Soares negotiating. Belt's coming back to LONG ISLAND!!!

Yeah bra. Baroni is the best eva from LI, Serra's a former champ, but Weidman is the new breed. He'll get us da belt.

The other side to this claim is Weidman is not a very experienced fighter.

Its easy to be undefeated when you only have fought nine times and ducked top competition when it was offered to you.

Won't make a difference. Weidman in my mind never really had a chance but coming off an injury and the long lay off it is gonna be even worse for him.

Seasoned veteran with over 20 fights, solid game plan that works over and over, and years and years to refine his technique is very comparable to Chris Weidman. Take that and consider that he's fighting one of the best fighters in MMA, I'd most definitely say he needs a warm up.

On this we agree.

Although Weidman deserved this shot more then any other MW I expect Anderson to work him. If Weidman somehow manages to win or even put up a good fight it is pretty fair to assume GSP would do even better.

He's not going to get submitted as easily as most. If he can take AS down he will threaten unlike his previous opponents of late. I think he has the wrestling to make it happen. He's been off a while but he could have been working on his game I think he will be competitive.

Back